5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read
I am not always a great fan of shifter books but as I love Lilliana's books I decided this was worth a read and I made the right decision. As always Lilliana's books are well written and enjoyable to read. Would recommend it
Published 17 months ago by Helen J

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad read
I enjoyed reading this book but I'm not sure I'd buy a whole series.

I may try one more to make my mind up.
Published 18 months ago by Geri

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book, 22 May 2014
Ms Bennett (Leicester England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Charming The Alpha (A BBW Shape Shifter Romance) (The Crane Curse Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This is an awesome book and story and had to go out and get the next book in the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars a trips down imagination road review, 20 May 2014
I received a copy of Charming the Alpha from Netgalley in exchange for my review as a part of the Fated Mates box set.

Having been brought up by her mother and grandmother, Hannah doesn't know what to think about werewolves, including whether they truly exist. But one night, after visiting with her dead grandmother, Hannah runs into a werewolf and can't help but feel a thrill of attraction towards him. But things aren't as simple as that, not only does Hannah have to discover just who Caleb is, but as the Alpha of the Rowan pack he has an obligation to solve the murders and disappearances of shifters near his territory. On top of that Hannah's mother isn't telling her the whole truth about her past, and there seems to be a little thing about a family curse.

Link to Goodreads
Link to amazon

When I started reading Charming the Alpha I couldn't help but catch some of the similarities between it and Little Red Riding Hood, but I also found that the similarities faded a bit. There did remain some towards throughout but it was still its own story.

Hannah is pretty much a rebellious teenage daughter, not believing what her mother and grandmother told her growing up, though in this case I guess she was kind of right to. There was an interesting dynamic between Hannah and her mother, it almost seemed to be more of a friendship than a parent-daughter relationship, mainly because of the freedom that Hannah seemed to have.

There were two main plot lines going on through Charming the Alpha, and they were linked in places. Firstly there was the love story between Caleb and Hannah, which was the classic true mates line, though there were some changes to it, such as Hannah's questionable status as a human/witch/werewolf/other supernatural being and Caleb's other duties. This also links in to the story of the disappearing shifters which adds a level of drama to the book that wasn't there before.

This is probably a more intense paranormal setting than I normally read, as in a whole town seems to know about the paranormal stuff, Charming the Alpha is certainly an engaging and fun read.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too rushed, 19 May 2014
Enough content and story to have made a good book but it was too rushed. All situations/scenes were rushed through with not enough detail which made it unrealistic (yes i know shifters and witches are unrealistic)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 11 May 2014
Great book, clear story line really enjoyable , would definitely pay for it but I got it free. Bonus !

2.0 out of 5 stars Freebie...., 5 May 2014
Just ok.
There was no depth to this story.
It had the potential for so much more.
Sorry to say,I could not recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 3 May 2014
This book was so well written and I thoroughly enjoyed the storyline,,well worth the money..I would recommend to fellow readers

5.0 out of 5 stars The wolf and the witch wolf, 23 Mar. 2014
This first book was very enjoyable and fun to read I'm looking forward to the other books in this series .

3.0 out of 5 stars Shifter story, but didn't connect, 6 Mar. 2014
My Thoughts - 3 out of 5 Unicorns - I liked it!!
***Part of the Fated Mates Anthology which I received from the publisher for an honest review, but I bought it because I liked it :)

The cover is great, and you definitely think shifter when you see it :)

This is the 2nd story in the Fated Mates Box Set that I just bought. This story had me confused in the beginning, and while the confusion cleared up, I just didn’t connect with any of the characters. I’m thinking it is because this is the first book in the series, but not sure it could be my head cold and headache. Hannah is sort of naive as a character in my opinion because she never asks questions and knows nothing about her community that is full of shifters. Caleb protects her, but you do not know much about him.

I think if you like shifter books that you will enjoy reading this story. I am definitely going to continue reading more by this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 July 2014
really good read ..... thank you

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 19 Sept. 2014