5.0 out of 5 stars This book will help you to change your life!
I bought this book because I was really impressed by the sincerity, commonsense and advice in Liz Hemingway's book on the subject of problem drinking. In 'I Need to Stop Drinking' I was totally blown away by her searing honesty and helpful suggestions. I just wish that I had found a book like this years ago. It was a revelation to me.
So when I saw that Liz had...
Published 11 months ago by Fiona Anderson

1.0 out of 5 stars conned
I thought the book was great until I realised that the book was actually an advertisement for her other book if I'd known this I would have just bought the other book
Published 9 months ago by dee

5.0 out of 5 stars This book will help you to change your life!, 6 Oct 2013
This review is from: Stop Drinking Start Living!: Get rid of hangovers and regrets forever! (Kindle Edition)
So when I saw that Liz had published another book about problem drinking I just had to buy it.

This new book continues with the theme of hope and is very inspirational. You can tell by the way Liz writes that she has been through the mill with her alcohol problem. Liz lays bare her feelings and experiences at the hands of the demon drink to help and inspire people, like me, who need to see that it is possible to say that you have had enough of drinking, really mean it and actually do something about it.

I also enjoyed reading the stories of ordinary men and women who had the strength to stop drinking after decidng that enough was enough. The book has an interesting and thought provoking chapter on using the Law of Attraction to strengthen your resolve.

Since reading Liz's first book I have managed to stay sober for over six months. I cannot believe how easy it has been and if someone had told me that one day that I would be a happy ex-drinker I would have laughed in their face!
Thank you so much Liz for helping me get my life back on track.
-_

5.0 out of 5 stars My Life Story, 18 Mar 2014
I started reading this book and couldn't put it down. My whole life from being the eldest child and what my family life was like, to how I drink and think was in this book! I had to stop to gather my senses as it was so surreal. How did this author know so much about me?

Babs

5.0 out of 5 stars A Truthful, Inspiring Read, 3 Aug 2014
An excellent and inspiring read. The writing style is jargon free and honest and tackles the issues from an emotional, physical and spiritual point if view. So many times throughout this book I found myself relating to the thoughts and actions described and in equal measure related to the positive future I desire.
I would highly recommend this book to anyone who is travelling the same path at whichever point they may be. I will read it again without doubt and will likely dip in to the quotes for an instant hit of motivation as and when.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant I read it and have been able to stop ..., 2 July 2014
Brilliant I read it and have been able to stop now week 2 and 2days feel great 1 day felt it a bit but re read you book again thank you so much for sharing this has been a great help thank you thank you thank you again

5.0 out of 5 stars A decision at last, 10 Aug 2014
After years of mindless drinking every evening of my life, I have finally decided to kick the booze for good! My biggest fear was living in a world without alcohol but Liz Hemingway shows there is nothing to fear and everything to gain, this is a very inspirational book.
JG

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye Opener, 15 Oct 2013
This book is exactly what I needed to read. Living a hectic life and socialising lot, it is easy to fall into the 'habit' of drinking and the longer it last, the more difficult it is to 'resurface'. After reading so much in the press about the rising problem of female drinking, and questioning myself, I decided to do some research and found this gem. A true experience of someone who has been there and is now in a better place, a lot of advice is given on how to get on the other side. Health advice and everything to start your new life with out alcohol. I know what my Christmas presents to a few friends are going to be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful book!, 26 Oct 2013
This is one of those books that can change your life. Stop Drinking Start Living by Liz Hemingway is a stirring book told by an author that not only can write beautifully, but also has the courage to share a personal experience that so many endure needlessly. Hemingway shows how to escape the "bully." There are so many people I want to share this book with, but it's usually better to find these things on your own. If your reading this review, then you found it - it's time to change. Highly recommended 5- stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing, 1 Dec 2013
I have to say a big thanks to Liz Hemingway for having changed my life. I have read many books around alcohol but this one really helped me change. Also this is a smaller book and unlike most others took little time to go through. As a result in a couple of hours it turned around my potential future of continuing with the distructive life journey I have been on. My only regret is not having found this book years ago. Thanks you :)

5.0 out of 5 stars This book can save your life!, 24 Dec 2013
Please don't take it lightly. Many people are dying from alcoholism. People are hurting others physically and mentally. People are doing things to themselves or others that they would never do without this poisonous drug. Lives are being ruined; families are being destroyed. Alcoholism is one of the worst deseases you can or will ever encounter. The only path available for the chronic alcohol user is jails, institutions or death. If you can't stop for yourself, stop for the person you love the most. This is a book that can save your life! It can save the life of a friend or loved one. If you are one of the sick and suffering or know anyone who is please get them this book.

One thing that stops many alcoholics from getting help is the fact that they feel they may have to become public and go to meetings and get labeled. Ms. Hemingway offers alternative to traditional meetings. She gives a step by step easy to follow yet hard to do approach. Her techniques are simple but they are not easy. However by following her guidelines, you can kick the habit and start living. She offers advice not only on quitting the habit but how to live and enjoy life once the habit is kicked. She offers advice on what to do, eat or how to get your thinking in order. She shows you how to recognize whether you have a problem or not. She goes on to show you what to do if you do.

Her book is thoughtful and caring. There is so much value in the section where she advices you what to do if you don't want AA meetings. If you're reading this and have never drank, don't. One is too many and a thousand is never enough. So save your life now or the life of a friend or family member. Get them this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great help, 28 Jan 2014
Thanks Liz. I have recently read your previous book. After reading both books I feel much more at ease with ditching the booze! 30 days and counting!