5.0 out of 5 stars Simon and Garfunkel's REAL debut!!
I would firstly have to agree with the previous reviewer and say that this is a remarkable re-master.I did have this album on vinyl and cassette many year's ago but the quality of sound here is a huge improvment and the best re-master I have ever heard.
Published on 14 Jan 2002

1.0 out of 5 stars Sounds of Silence - totally not the original CD
Published 11 months ago by Twig Hall

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Simon and Garfunkel's REAL debut!!, 14 Jan 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Sounds Of Silence (Audio CD)
The album itself, is of course classic S&G fare, with some of the song's appearing to be full of youthful energy and exuberance.Behind this is of course the typical deep meaning and thought of Simon, with the beautiful 'Kathy's Song' and 'Leave's that are Green' real stand out tune's.That said there is not one bad track here and anybody who like's S&G will not be dissapointed if they purchase this.The more well known tracks like 'I Am A Rock' and the title track are all well complemented with the remainder gem's on this album.The original album contained 'Homeward Bound' but for some strange reason its been migrated to the 'Parsley Sage....' album.Still an excellent album though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant but no 'Homeward Bound'!, 20 May 2005
This review is from: Sounds Of Silence (Audio CD)
One of the first LP's I bought as a schoolboy in the sixties and virtually unplayable after all this time. Great to have it on CD except for one major downer......it doesn't include Homeward Bound !!!!!! This CD has identical artwork to my original vinyl copy so it should have Homeward Bound. A glaring omission by some penny pinching record exec has flawed this masterpiece.
Carey, Pontypridd, May 05

5.0 out of 5 stars Still amazing after all these years, 20 July 2013
This review is from: Sounds of Silence (Audio CD)
Catching up buying CDs to replace LPs I played and loved 40 odd years ago. This set of songs still spectacular with memorable lyrics, production and sound quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Memories, 9 July 2013
This review is from: Sounds Of Silence (Audio CD)
I am sure so much has been written about these two expert singers and writers, all of which I can only confirm. Sheer brilliance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius!, 24 May 2013
Possibly my favourite album of all time, not a bad song or even any fillers! Favourites are The Sound of Silence (obviously) and I am a Rock. Vinyl arrived within 5 days, very good condition, only slight creases on cover, unscratched and plays perfectly!

5.0 out of 5 stars S & G At their best!, 28 Feb 2013
This review is from: Sounds of Silence (Audio CD)
Buy it! It's Simon and Garfunkel at their best. My personal favourite is Richard Cory. I play it all the time if you buy it I think you will too. A true classic of it's time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eternal, 9 July 2014
N. C. Grace "amazingrace" (leicester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sounds Of Silence (Audio CD)
Bought for 20 yr old daughter. She loves it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Sounds of Silence - totally not the original CD, 15 Oct 2013
Twig Hall (NEWHAVEN, E Sussex, GB) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sounds Of Silence (Audio CD)
I ordered this a long time ago to replace one I lost. However, I found the original and never played this one I got on Amazon until yesterday. Even though the CD tells you that the songs were recorded in the 60s, every track listing has another 1990s date next to it and none of the tracks are original. I absolutely hate this CD for that reason. I have been totally tricked. The songs are all recorded by Simon in the 1990s and are not the recordings from the 60s that I know and love. What a waste of money and how deceitful to sell it in this way without telling the buyer - indeed maybe the seller didn't check?

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 July 2014