5.0 out of 5 stars 5:2 Your Life
I'm not usually a fan of self-help books, but I was interested in a follow-on to the fabulous 5:2 Diet and 5:2 Recipe books by the same author, so I took a look at the Kindle sample.

And bought the book as soon as I'd read the sample!

Published 8 months ago by Imogen Howson

I bought this book on a whim. It was a cheap kindle book and, having enjoyed great success with "The Fast Diet: The Simple Secret of Intermittent Fasting: Lose Weight, Stay Healthy, Live Longer", I was also attracted by the 5:2 reference.

Published 5 months ago by nigeyb

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars 5:2 Your Life, 12 Dec 2013
Imogen Howson (Nottinghamshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 5:2 Your Life: Get Happy, Get Healthy, Get Slim (Kindle Edition)

And bought the book as soon as I'd read the sample!

The author's style is one I find particularly appealing, and just the first few activities seemed so much fun, and so potentially useful, that I really wanted to read the full thing.

It's so well set out: I love the idea of committing to the 5:2 way of eating and an "improve your life" plan at the same time, and having them work in complement to each other.

I've only just begun the activities, but I've already found some amazing tips. I love the Pomodoro Technique, the Whirlwind List, and the Pleasure List, and I'm looking forward to getting to better grips with my dreams and goals.

Oh, and the Diet section of the book has some gorgeous new recipes I want to try out!

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic new book by Kate Harrison, 22 Dec 2013
This is a fantastic book, full of great ideas. A totally new concept in dealing with life and day to day tasks. Easy to follow guidelines to creating more time in your life to do the things you love. I would never have thought of using the 5:2 principle on daily life issues. I have been following the 5:2 way of life/way of eating for over 10 months, and it has totally changed my life, not only my weight, but health too, in a big way! Although am generally a very organised person, I thought I'd give '5:2 your life' a go, The plan is done over several weeks, and I am only part way through, but so far, I would have to say that this is still extremely useful even for organised people like me. Really well worth reading, I would highly recommend this book to anyone who would like to feel more in control of their life.

5.0 out of 5 stars def. worth a read!!, 8 Feb 2014
This is a great read, much easier to follow that some traditonal diet books. The way it's written makes you almost feel like its advice your best mate has written down for you. I could read kate harrisons books over and over (infact I have), the advice given is also top notch, I have lost 16lbs since following the 5:2 eating plan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great concept, 9 Feb 2014
This has to get 5 stars. I've been following thew 5:2 way of eating (it's not a diet!) for just over a year. I love the idea of trying the concept to the rest of my life. Haven't finished going through all the techniques, but I love the Pomodoro technique and I'm using the other ideas throughout my week.

4.0 out of 5 stars Self help guide, 3 Mar 2014
I found the book benefical in ways to help me condition certain daily activities. If you can bring yourself to keep up to the daily tasks, then i am sure this is a good book to follow. When reading the book i did find myself more positive at that time so it can be very useful book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 28 Mar 2014
Really enjoyed this book. Much more content than a usual Kindle book and good links to resources. I recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does Exactly What It Says On The Cover, 11 Dec 2013
I don't normally write reviews but I've been doing the 5:2 Diet using Kate Harrison's first book for just less than a year and it's made a massive difference to me. I have more energy and have lost weight, even more so following recipes from her excellent 5:2 Recipe book. So when I saw there was a follow-up designed to extend the 5:2 ideals into other areas of our lives, I downloaded it straight away. And this book doesn't disappoint - written in Kate Harrison's approachable and understanding style, she gives you all the tools you need to shape up the 5:2 way. I'm really looking forward to using this book to revitalise my life in 2014 - if I ever get it back from my wife, that is.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun way to change your life!, 15 Jan 2014
R. Ng "literary chick" (U.K.) - See all my reviews
Turning over the possibilities of New Year resolutions in my mind I found myself downloading this book after hearing about it from a friend. I think if you're a little wary of self-help books, as I am, then this is a good one with which to take the plunge as it is written in such a friendly, understanding way that I felt absolutely okay in just reading the whole thing through first, rather than following everything to the letter. Indeed, the author suggests that if you don't wish to follow her plan you can cherry pick and create your own DIY 5:2 your life plan.
I haven't done the 5:2 diet, but the concept sounds more appealing to me than any other diet plans I've come across. And I really like the way Kate has applied this idea towards changing your life. Change, big change, can be hard, which is why so many New Year resolutions are broken after just a few weeks, and so breaking it down into small, manageable, fully explained segments is a great idea. I like the way the weeks are themed, taking you on a journey as you investigate your life, how it is now, what you might want to change and, more importantly, why you want to change it. There are plenty of options rather than a rigid 'you must do this' approach and, as I said, it's written in such an approachable way that you feel like Kate is just one of your friends, helping you out.
Although I haven't begun to try the different activities yet there are already some which really captured my imagination - using timers and having a whirlwind tidy up stand out for me as being instantly useful. Kate has researched all the ideas fully, citing any relevant studies and making her own useful observations. There are interesting links, notes about helpful apps to try, plans to download and lots of different ideas which will help the book appeal to lots of different kinds of people. Each chapter has a little quiz which you don't have to do, but if you like filling in those quizzes in magazines at the hairdressers then you'll enjoy them here! There are reviews of what you've been doing, how you're getting along, little reminders and nudges and lots of personal anecdotes that make you laugh and help you feel like you're not alone in struggling with day to day clutter or finding some form of exercise that you can bear to do more than twice a year.

3.0 out of 5 stars A hot-potch of various tools and techniques to create change in your life, 19 Mar 2014

The 5:2 part of the title is misleading. The book is actually a hot-potch of various tools and techniques to create change in your life and, as such, is very similar to countless other self-help books. The style is easy, chatty and encouraging.

Given my circumstances and life stage, most of the exercises were irrelevant to me, however I imagine for some readers, particularly those who have not previously tried to take a step back, and think of ways to improve their lives, it could be very helpful. At the current price of 1.99 it's great value for anyone who is tempted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful book., 12 Mar 2014
I find this book really useful, full of good ideas and lovely recipes. Nothing more need be said. Thank you

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›