5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Series. Can't Wait to Buy it.
Published 6 months ago by Jenny Grey

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh God No!!!!
Published 3 months ago by Ann

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Series. Can't Wait to Buy it., 28 Dec 2013
This review is from: Atlantis [DVD] (DVD)
I have loved every moment of this series. The characters have really grown on me since the first episode and I am going to miss it so much on a Saturday night. I can't wait to buy the box set when it becomes available and hope like mad a second series will be made. I love the Greek myth elements of the stories and the mystery that surrounds Jason. It has made me laugh, cry and gasp with excitement. I thought it was fantastic.

Although there were some areas that could be improved upon, I think this is a really solid start to a cracking series. You have to give programmes a chance to settle down and hit their stride. I am sure it will go from strength to strength, given the chance. Why people have to comment on their TV license fees being wasted, I don't know. There are a great many programmes that are made that I wouldn't want to sit and watch, but that's how it goes. The BBC make a variety of programmes that will suit all kinds of different tastes. I, for one, am glad that my money went on this offering. May many more series follow!

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh God No!!!!, 17 April 2014
This review is from: Atlantis [DVD] (DVD)
I wanted to love this, I really did, but this shows however good the sets are, however amazing the look you just can't get by without a good script and a good leading character. Jason is about as one dimensional as one of Pythagoras' triangles and you just don't care if he wins or looses. In fact 3 episodes in I was kind of hoping he lost to put us all out of our misery. Trust me if you want some good old fashioned rip-roaring adventures stick to Merlin or the new Musketeers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 8 May 2014
D. Smith "cav mad" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Atlantis [DVD] (DVD)
I got rather hooked on this fantasy programme.

The important thing is not to get too hung up on historical accuracy and enjoy the interplay between the Jason, Hercules and Pythagoras and their adventures over the 14 episodes.

Those involving Jason's growing romance with Ariadne are very good and my personal favourite is Rules of Engagement.

Overall a good first series and really looking forward to season 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Really like this, 29 Jun 2014
This review is from: Atlantis [DVD] (DVD)
Great series if a little silly but what's wrong with that. Well made and well acted with great stories

4.0 out of 5 stars Good combination of action and comedy, 16 Jun 2014
This review is from: Atlantis [DVD] (DVD)
Description of this series was challanging.
On a rainy sunday watched the whole series.
The humor together with Greek mythologie is good combination

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting new series, 31 Dec 2013
Nadia "Fleet UK" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Atlantis [DVD] (DVD)
I've always loved Greek Mythology so this series appealed even before I watched it. I wish people would stop comparing it to Merlin. Yes, it has the same writers and I guess the humour is similar and yes it occupies the same slot on a Saturday, but really, if a drama about an axe murderer occupied the same Saturday slot, would that be compared to Merlin too? Atlantis has a slightly darker feel to it, and I really think the writers have skillfully taken several elements of Greek Myths to combine into an original story with all the classic feeling of a Greek myth: quests, heroes, tragedy, love etc. If I wasn't such a Greek Mythology nerd, I wouldn't have known which stories they'd pinched from, and if it gets kids reading the Greek myths, then hats off to it. I suppose if the Merlin comparisons have one thing right, it's that the cast doesn't quite jump out at the viewer the way the Merlin actors did. They really were an amazing set of actors, but the Atlantis cast are just finding their feet. Mark Addy stood out in particular and I really like the writers' take on the Herculese character. Jason is the true hero, of course and I for one enjoyed every second of his screen time. As with any series, be it book or TV show, the first series is always the foundation. Writers use it to experiment with and establish their formula and look back over it at the end to fine tune any mistakes. Atlantis is still finding its feet and some epesodes were better than others but it has plenty of strengths and some twists I never saw coming. In summary, it takes a bit of getting into but I believe it is a promising start and we can expect good things from the second series. I've never yet seen any TV series I loved from the first epesode, not even Merlin.

4.0 out of 5 stars wiley humorous mark addey can best remembered as king barratheon out of game of thrones ..., 2 July 2014
This review is from: Atlantis [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
from the same stable that created bbc wales merlin, when merlin finished
a new show was needed for the sat night prime slot, wiley humorous
mark addey can best remembered as king barratheon out of game of thrones
and in the knights tales

5.0 out of 5 stars grate, 27 Jun 2014
This review is from: Atlantis [DVD] (DVD)
got the d v d for my son as he collects them,i will get more when i can,thank you susan ann mary

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant series - can't wait for season 2, 28 May 2014
This review is from: Atlantis [DVD] (DVD)
I love seeing the interplay between the main characters, not to mention the love interest between Jason and Ariadne.

I adored Merlin, and this has so many elements of this series and its strengths in mythology. A MUST HAVE for the collector!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great siries, cant wait for the next one, 27 May 2014
D. J. Astall "Megabyte" (Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Atlantis [DVD] (DVD)
Great Series; the DVD contains other features that are great to watch as well. Very funny in parts and good action as well. Well worth buying

Atlantis [Blu-ray]
Atlantis [Blu-ray] by Jeremy Webb (Blu-ray - 2014)
12.50