4.7 out of 5 stars1,186

on 4 October 2015
With my Geforce GTX 980 this 5M cable cannot cope with 3840x2160 resolution. At 30Hz refresh rate it will display okay, but it cannot do 60Hz. Tried yCbCr 4:2:0 and RGB. The signal drops every 30 seconds or so. My Samsung UHD TV (UE55JU7000) says there is no cable connected. No problems at full HD (1920x1080) using yCbCr 4:4:4 and below. Now I'll have to find a better cable.
on 10 March 2013
There are lots of stories about concerned that long cables reduce picture quality. This cable seems to show none of this and works really well. The plugs are solidly constructed, but are streamlined and narrower than some of the others on the market meaning you don't need to dill as big a hole to push it through.
It does come quite tightly wound so it takes a bit of uncoiling, but not a big enough problem to loose a star.

Excellent.
on 25 October 2015
After struggling to fine a cable that will support 60hz @ 4K 4:4:4, I had seen these recommend in various forums online. I have had zero issues using my GTX 980ti at the aforementioned resolution when other cables gave me nothing but issues primarily picture drop outs or the inability to select 4:4:4 @ 60hz from the nvidia control panel. Great cables for the price and a great buy for people running 4k displays from their PC.
on 2 July 2015
I bought 2 of these leads and in less than 10 months both sets have broken down and no longer support my TV. They may be cheap, but not good value!!
on 2 May 2016
This cable was kindly provided to me via KabelDirekt to provide an unbiased and honest review.

First and foremost, this is a budget oriented HDMI cable - it uses high quality components whilst still being great value for money. Supporting HDMI 2.0 & 4K output, its sporting the latest HDMI standards so if you have or ever upgraded to a 4K TV - this cable is going to be compatible and future proofed.

The main benefit is the quality of the internal and external shielding. The cable is lined in a strong, thick TPU like material thats not going to be easily damaged. The blue plastic on the sides of the connector is of a strong plastic, but it shows its value as a budget style cable, and is not as premium (but is mainly aesthetic).

After running through some tests, I have had absolutely no issues with picture quality, sound or compatibility, the cable just works as expected.

This cable is not the top of KabelDirects cable line - their Pro series HDMI cable swaps the blue plastic connector with metal connectors, and the cable lining is made with a tougher nylon braid instead of a TPU material - but is a little more expensive.

If you're looking to upgrade your cables but are maybe a little tight on budget, then this is one of the best budget cables you can buy. Personally, I would step up to their 'Pro' series whilst it won't make a difference in picture quality, you'll be getting tougher and better looking cables.
on 17 July 2013
I bought this cable to route from the sky box to the TV on bottom bunk bed in my cabin offshore. A high quality cable with good flexibility that allowed me to route it around the corners of the room neatly and easily.
This HDMI cable is actually better than a Sony HDMI cable and it's cheaper too. I have tried this HDMI cable out on many things including blu ray player, computer etc... I will purchase more after this product test. Also these HDMI cables are longer than the standard cables which is better all round and helps with not being restrained to a certain place just because the HDMI cable is not long enough. This is a standard with KabelDirekt who are excellent if you need help and support.
on 7 April 2013
The cable seems well made and works flawlessly. I use the cable to transmit my video from my PC to my TV and it does this in full HD with 5.1 surround. I have also tested it with 3D video and works spectacularly well. For the price it is perfect for anyone needing a long hdmi cable.
on 30 April 2016
I bought this item about 5 months ago. I bought this cable to route from my BT vision box to my TV. It's a high quality cable with good flexibility that allowed me to route it around the corners of the room neatly and easily. The picture quality was great. I recommend this product to all my friends. They said it was great and they would advise buying it if you need it! I've had lots of cables that have broken, this hasn't and is by far the best cable I've tried yet!
on 15 December 2012
Hooked this up for my ipad to tv and wow a clear and true hd connection. The length is perfect and don't let anyone tell you that the longer the wire the quality is reduced. I'v tested this ( and re-tested!) with shorter hdmi cables and my sky hd box and seriously there is no difference. Very pleased with this at such a good price compared to similar length cables on high st. As for the 7.5m claim iv checked and its close... 7.42m to be exact. Hope this helps.