5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!!!!!!!! Simply Amazing
Recently we buckled down and started taking care of our oral hygiene, and after a lot of research on-line and dentist recommendation we ordered the water flosser and it was money well spent. We use it religiously two times a day, and its not only more effective than regular flossing but I found its more fun, easier, and faster.

I was afraid it might be a bit...
Published 12 months ago by Mr. O. Khalid

3.0 out of 5 stars Like it. Might love it eventually.
Firstly so prefer this over using floss!!
But to be honest I don't floss enough & even with this I've yet to do it regularly.
Least with flossing you pick some tape and get on with it.
This isn't much more effort, but we unplug & tidY away into cupboard after use, so easy to forget.
Pretty good, but takes some technique not to squirt the water all over...
Published 9 months ago by craig thomas

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!!!!!!!! Simply Amazing, 27 May 2014
Mr. O. Khalid - See all my reviews
This review is from: Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser (Personal Care)

I was afraid it might be a bit bulky, but it's really not that big. I got extra tips for the water flosser so me and my wife share the machine and just change the application tips.

I was told by my dentist I had periodontal disease with 5-7mm pockets in several areas of my mouth. Between my Dental hygienist appointments and religiously using this water flosser and an electric toothbrush my dentist was very happy how quickly my gums attached back onto my teeth and how 95% of my gums are at a healthy 3mm measuring. I'm very pleased and I highly recommend this product, and have been raving about it to family and friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommendation, 9 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser (Personal Care)
I recommend these to all my patients with periodontal involvement, I have just upgraded from the WP-100, I would sell from my surgery if there was a profit to be made

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 24 May 2014
This review is from: Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser (Personal Care)
This is a great product, works well, and thanks to that I now floss easily every day.
My teeth are very close together, which means that I always struggled to floss, not anymore a problem!
You can use it in your bathroom thanks to the bathroom plug, and the fill volume is enough to clean the whole mouth with one fill.
I started putting the strength to the max, but it actually works at a lower setting, which gives you more time before it gets empty. I mix a little bit of mouth wash with warm water and make sure I rinse the device with clean water after each use, and so far, have not had a single issue with it (have had it for more than 3 months now).
When I told my dentist I was using it, she told me to carry on like that, as she was happy with the cleanliness of my teeth.
Overall, money well spent, I don't think I could live without one now!

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic! my teeth have never been so clean!, 14 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser (Personal Care)
I have periodontal pockets, bad plaque and gum disease. This along with gum cleaning by dentist was my last hope. Its easy to use, if a bit messy! But you get used to it. Its a nice size, very compact with the other attachments safely stored in the lid. You will be amazed how much you miss with just your toothbrush!

4.0 out of 5 stars It does what it claims !!, 5 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser (Personal Care)
I brought this when I was having trouble with a cavity in my wisdom tooth. My visit to the dentist got me the usual regular flossing advise. And I don't like flossing - the sheer thought of placing strings between my teeth does not gel with me :-(

Unlike some reviews, I would say that the pump is quite noisy. Using it in a bathroom at night will wake a medium-light sleeper in the bed room. It is of a decent size. Unless your bathroom has a spacious platform for the basin (like some 3-4 star hotels), you will require some "space-planning" to store and use it regularly.

The recommendation is to start with a pressure setting of 3-4 and move up to 10. I would highly recommend to follow that. My initial days of trying to start at higher settings only led to bleeding gums. But regular use has brought me to a comfortable level of 9-10 setting.

I've really not used any of the attachments except the basic jet tip. I tried using the tongue cleaner and the pik pocket attachment. But did not really develop a liking to it. I did not see any benefits of using any other attachment.

I use the WaterPik before brushing at night. It is quite satisfying to see the flushed out food particles fall out. Hence my title - it does what it claims. Another advantage is that it thoroughly rinses your mouth. That in itself leave you with a fresh feeling.

The only 2 minor complaints I have with the product (hence the 4-stars):
- The plug is a European plug. It needs a UK plug adapter. I don't think that was clearly mentioned in the product description.
- I would rather get 2 jet tips instead of 1 and do away with the tongue cleaner. That way, me and my wife can use it. I had to buy an additional replacement tip for my wife.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't live without it!, 20 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser (Personal Care)
I purchased my waterpik about 6 months ago. I could now not live without it. I have flossed my teeth for most of my adult life...religiously every day. However I now have the early stages of periodontal disease (mainly due to age 39 and genetics) and have now introduced this into my dental routine which also includes a brush called Gumsaver (a must if you have bleeding gums). My gum health has improved significantly and my gums are now healthy and pocket sizes reduced - my dentist is delighted. I've recently also had my teeth straightened and this is an absolute must if you have fixed braces. The debris that Waterpik removes from your mouth is amazing even after flossing...I regularly just use it after meals to remove food from between teeth. You do need a shaver socket next to your sink and it does take a bit of getting used to and I find it strange not being to look in the mirror when you're doing it! You're mouth will never feel cleaner or healthier. Can not recommend enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars No problem, 17 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser (Personal Care)
This is an excellent product at a very good price. I would recommend Waterpik to anybody, well anybody with teeth.

4.0 out of 5 stars WaterPik Ultra Water Flosser, 31 Mar. 2015
southcoastreviewer (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser (Personal Care)
I have various inherited issues surrounding dental hygiene, which led me to the purchase of this. I recently changed dentists; interestingly, my previous dentist (and hygienist) told me, when I asked them, not to touch these devices with a bargepole. They said they were dangerous in unskilled hands (much like The One Ring and Grabthar's Hammer) and could cause more damage than good.

My new dentist (and hygienist) basically did this: buyonebuyonebuyonebuyonebuyonebuyonebuyonebuyonebuyonebuyonebuyone.

So, I did. I bought this one.

I did a lot of research before opting for this particular brand and model. Having a hands-free unit was not particularly necessary for me, and I was interested to read a lot of the reviews where water ingress into the battery over time basically killed off the unit. Don't want that. I have a shaver socket pretty much next to my sink (as far as the regs allow) so I can plug this in and still easily use it, without spraying a fine mist of water over my kitchen like some scrupulous steam cleaner.

The water tank is generous; I can get through a full clean, even on the highest-level jet setting, without having to refill. I have had no issues with the power switch or the stop, though I do find that with certain heads (the interdental one for example, where they say to use it on the lowest setting only) the stop button doesn't work properly. As it works with others, I have to blame this on the heads rather than the button. The button doesn't have any issues with sticking, so far.

The unit is reasonably noisy, but as it's mains-powered and has a water tank, this is to be expected. It hasn't woken up or disturbed anyone else in the house, but it's something to consider, especially if you have younglings that are easily-woken.

The clean itself is immaculate. I've had no issues with any of that, and I certainly don't think I'm doing myself any more harm than good. My dentist's comments have been very positive since I've got this. I use a bit of clove oil (and I mean a very little bit) when cleaning, instead of the suggest mouthwash. Always empty the tank when done, and make sure you've pumped all the water through the tubing. This should help as far as future cleanliness has concerned.

Prior to buying this, I used TePe wire brush thingers. Never again. They don't even hold a candle up to this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd bought one years ago, 5 Oct. 2014
S. Capes - See all my reviews
This review is from: Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser (Personal Care)
I bought this when my dentist told me I had early signs of periodontal disease and I've had it for a few months now and am really pleased with it. The jet is very powerful and washes stuff right out of the mouth that floss just moves around. It runs for a good time on a full tank too. I rarely need to re-fill it - only if something stubborn feels stuck. I still use floss on a few teeth that are very close together as things like celery strings get caught between the teeth and can't wash out but it's so much faster and easier than flossing every gap and it gives the gums a massage too. I am now using it on setting 6 which was too painful at first and I did get a bit of bleeding early on but never do now. I had two slightly loose wisdom teeth on one side that the dentist had said could become a problem. It hurt to use this around them at first but one has tightened up completely and even at setting 6 I get no discomfort from it, the other is much better though still a little uncomfortable on one side but I am certain that continued regular use will tighten that one as well.

As others, and the instructions, say, you do need to close your lips around it and keep your head low over the basin or it splashes everywhere but after a few uses you can feel when you're pointing it in the right places so no need to see it in the mirror.

It is more comfortable if you use warm water as recommended.

This Ultra version comes with lots of extra attachments that store neatly in the lid but to be honest I haven't used anything other than the normal jet tip so the Ultra version may not be worth the extra cost.

A bonus for the ladies - it cleans under the setting of my engagement ring beautifully, though it does spray around a bit!

UPDATE: Nearly a year later I have just returned from my annual check-up and my dentist was very complimentary about how clean my teeth were. Better still, she said I now have no "pockets", so no periodontal disease - my gums have healed! Also, for the first time, there was no bleeding when she did the scale and polish. I still enjoy using my flosser, though it can be a bit noisy, and I sometimes just fill it up again for another round to give the gums a bit of a massage.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected, but some caveats., 18 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser (Personal Care)
Delivered within a week, and I'm still getting used to it. Would suit me if the mains lead was a bit longer - only just reaches my shaver socket.
I opted for this model rather than the stand-alone one because I was interested in the "pik-pocket" jets (and because of a general distrust of rechargeables), and fancied having a bigger reservoir. But beware, this model is quite noisy - don't use too late at night, after others have gone to bed !!! Also, I did not appreciate that the pik-pocket jet type is apparently intended for use only run on setting 1 (lowest pressure/pulsing) - possibly because the point of this type of jet is formed by a flexible rubber insert. For more power, you need to use the normal "classic jet". For this, I agree with another reviewer, a setting of 4 (out of 10) is sufficient.
The "toothbrush" jet may LOOK like the rotary brushes for some electric toothbrushes, but the bristles are static and do not rotate, you merely get a jet of water out of the middle.
Points to watch
- if allowed to dangle with water in the tank, the jet (or holder) will leak water even with the power turned off - e.g. onto the floor (!), so always replace the holder vertically in the clamp on the main body, and preferably empty the feed tank after use.
- using the pause button to stop the flow needs practice. E.g point the jet downward with the power switched off so that the jet leaks (previous point), press the button making sure the flow has stopped, THEN turn on the power and transfer to the mouth.
- the jet angle is mostly fine but it is hard to reach right behind the wisdom teeth if you need that. Remember you can rotate the jet in the holder for different parts of the jaw, rather than twisting the holder.
- expect some water dripping down your forearm, at least initially !
- using a medicated mouthwash rather than plain water could make the above points more awkward.

Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser