5.0 out of 5 stars Great!
This is a great product, works well, and thanks to that I now floss easily every day.
My teeth are very close together, which means that I always struggled to floss, not anymore a problem!
You can use it in your bathroom thanks to the bathroom plug, and the fill volume is enough to clean the whole mouth with one fill.
I started putting the strength to the...
Published 7 months ago by Cecile Villemant

3.0 out of 5 stars Hit and Miss
I had dental implants fitted in 1998,and the dentist recommended a Waterpik. It had to be used in the kitchen, where there was a power socket, it had no ‘pause’ button or pressure dial, and the force actually dislodged the implant twice. I didn’t get on with it and I stopped using it after a few months.
Sixteen years later, I still have the...
Published 19 days ago by Cybertog

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 24 May 2014
This review is from: Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser (Personal Care)
I started putting the strength to the max, but it actually works at a lower setting, which gives you more time before it gets empty. I mix a little bit of mouth wash with warm water and make sure I rinse the device with clean water after each use, and so far, have not had a single issue with it (have had it for more than 3 months now).
When I told my dentist I was using it, she told me to carry on like that, as she was happy with the cleanliness of my teeth.
Overall, money well spent, I don't think I could live without one now!

4.0 out of 5 stars It does what it claims !!, 5 Aug 2014
This review is from: Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser (Personal Care)
I brought this when I was having trouble with a cavity in my wisdom tooth. My visit to the dentist got me the usual regular flossing advise. And I don't like flossing - the sheer thought of placing strings between my teeth does not gel with me :-(

Unlike some reviews, I would say that the pump is quite noisy. Using it in a bathroom at night will wake a medium-light sleeper in the bed room. It is of a decent size. Unless your bathroom has a spacious platform for the basin (like some 3-4 star hotels), you will require some "space-planning" to store and use it regularly.

The recommendation is to start with a pressure setting of 3-4 and move up to 10. I would highly recommend to follow that. My initial days of trying to start at higher settings only led to bleeding gums. But regular use has brought me to a comfortable level of 9-10 setting.

I've really not used any of the attachments except the basic jet tip. I tried using the tongue cleaner and the pik pocket attachment. But did not really develop a liking to it. I did not see any benefits of using any other attachment.

I use the WaterPik before brushing at night. It is quite satisfying to see the flushed out food particles fall out. Hence my title - it does what it claims. Another advantage is that it thoroughly rinses your mouth. That in itself leave you with a fresh feeling.

The only 2 minor complaints I have with the product (hence the 4-stars):
- The plug is a European plug. It needs a UK plug adapter. I don't think that was clearly mentioned in the product description.
- I would rather get 2 jet tips instead of 1 and do away with the tongue cleaner. That way, me and my wife can use it. I had to buy an additional replacement tip for my wife.

5.0 out of 5 stars No problem, 17 Jan 2014
This review is from: Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser (Personal Care)
This is an excellent product at a very good price. I would recommend Waterpik to anybody, well anybody with teeth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd bought one years ago, 5 Oct 2014
S. Capes - See all my reviews
This review is from: Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser (Personal Care)
I bought this when my dentist told me I had early signs of periodontal disease and I've had it for a few months now and am really pleased with it. The jet is very powerful and washes stuff right out of the mouth that floss just moves around. It runs for a good time on a full tank too. I rarely need to re-fill it - only if something stubborn feels stuck. I still use floss on a few teeth that are very close together as things like celery strings get caught between the teeth and can't wash out but it's so much faster and easier than flossing every gap and it gives the gums a massage too. I am now using it on setting 6 which was too painful at first and I did get a bit of bleeding early on but never do now. I had two slightly loose wisdom teeth on one side that the dentist had said could become a problem. It hurt to use this around them at first but one has tightened up completely and even at setting 6 I get no discomfort from it, the other is much better though still a little uncomfortable on one side but I am certain that continued regular use will tighten that one as well.

As others, and the instructions, say, you do need to close your lips around it and keep your head low over the basin or it splashes everywhere but after a few uses you can feel when you're pointing it in the right places so no need to see it in the mirror.

It is more comfortable is you use warm water as recommended.

This Ultra version comes with lots of extra attachments that store neatly in the lid but to be honest I haven't used anything other than the normal jet tip so the Ultra version may not be worth the extra cost.

A bonus for the ladies - it cleans under the setting of my diamond ring beautifully, though it does spray around a bit!

3.0 out of 5 stars Hit and Miss, 9 Dec 2014
This review is from: Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser (Personal Care)
Sixteen years later, I still have the implants. I saw this model, with pause button and adjustable dial, which was the main reason why I bought it. I have used it for a week, and find this model much easier to use, due to those two features.
However, having tried some of the other attachments, It is very difficult to be as precise as the information claims, when using them; you have to lean forward over the basin, with your mouth slightly open, to use the Waterpik. Therefore you can’t look in a mirror to see what you’re doing. Most of the cleaning has to be done by ‘feel’ and guesswork.
I’ve tried the ‘pocket pik’, but I can’t locate the gumline accurately enough, let alone hold it at the recommended angle for optimum use, so won’t bother with that one again. I haven’t used the other attachments. I don’t see the point of the tongue scraper-I wonder if having water squirting towards my epiglottis could trigger a gag/choking reflex.(I’ve always used a small teaspoon, which works fine.) I don’t use the toothbrush, as I have an electric one. The other small brush might be useful for cleaning braces, if you wear them, which I don’t.
So, to sum up, to a certain extent, I knew what I was getting, and happy to find a model with pause button and adjustable dial, but disappointed that I find it so difficult to use the attachments exactly as described. It does clean under my implants-the main reason for buying this Waterpik, but there is still plaque around my teeth, so I will still floss manually. (Old habits die hard.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!!!!!!!! Simply Amazing, 27 May 2014
Mr. O. Khalid - See all my reviews
This review is from: Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser (Personal Care)
Recently we buckled down and started taking care of our oral hygiene, and after a lot of research on-line and dentist recommendation we ordered the water flosser and it was money well spent. We use it religiously two times a day, and its not only more effective than regular flossing but I found its more fun, easier, and faster.

I was afraid it might be a bit bulky, but it's really not that big. I got extra tips for the water flosser so me and my wife share the machine and just change the application tips.

I was told by my dentist I had periodontal disease with 5-7mm pockets in several areas of my mouth. Between my Dental hygienist appointments and religiously using this water flosser and an electric toothbrush my dentist was very happy how quickly my gums attached back onto my teeth and how 95% of my gums are at a healthy 3mm measuring. I'm very pleased and I highly recommend this product, and have been raving about it to family and friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for braces, 2 Aug 2014
This review is from: Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser (Personal Care)
I currently have braces and was struggling to get my teeth as clean as I wanted them to be. My dentist suggested that I should get a water flosser. After reading a number of reviews I chose this because it had a brush for braces as well as the water jet. It did take a bit of getting used to (make sure that you have your head bent down over the sink!) but once you get the hang of it it is quick and easy to use. I am very glad that I chose one with such a big water tank. On setting 2 the water jet lasts for around 90 seconds.
I was previously using the Oral B Superfloss which was good but very time consuming.
I would highly recommend the Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser for anyone with braces.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works as described, 10 Jun 2014
This review is from: Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser (Personal Care)
The flosser seems to work well enough, but wether it is actually doing what it is supposed to really depends on what my dentist says on my next visit.I didn`t like the idea of tape flossing, so he recommended the Waterpik. (I don`t know if he is on commission!!),so when he examines next time we shall see.It is a bit tricky getting the technique right, but after a few goes you don`t send jets of water all over the bathroom mirror.
I can`t say it is no good because, as I say, it does shoot water into the mouth, which is what it is meant to do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best way to floss, 31 Mar 2014
J. McNamara - See all my reviews
This review is from: Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser (Personal Care)
I have slightly irregular bottom teeth and was forever shredding dental floss when flossing, this meant I had pieces of dental floss getting stuck between my teeth that was difficult to remove. Since using the water flosser I no longer have this problem. My teeth feel noticeably cleaner and no area is out of reach.

Pros:
Cleans teeth remarkably well
No need for floss
Will not damage your teeth or remove fillings, unlike floss
Can be set for as gentle or intense as you wish
Can add mouthwash to the tank for extra cleaning
Comes with a variety of heads

Cons:
On the intense setting you might need to fill the unit more than once, but it's a simple procedure that takes seconds.

Certainly a worthwhile investment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product but......., 25 April 2014
This review is from: Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser (Personal Care)
This is great for cleaning between teeth and mouth feels very fresh after use. Would have given 5 star rating but cable on it is not very long and have to use it in the kitchen with an adapter as the shaver point in my bathroom is not close to wash hand basin. Good range of different heads so great for getting into those places a normal toothbrush does not reach.

Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser