5.0 out of 5 stars Really impressed with the clock
It is that time of year again with the days getting shorter. I dread this time of year as I know I will have problems arising in a morning. This is an all too familiar story I am sure to a lot of people. I am sure I suffer from SAD although I have never been tested - is there such a test? Anyway I decided to search for a light up alarm clock.

Some are very...
Published 19 months ago by Allan Martin

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work great
Money's worth it's not I used this once as my dawn light broke and searching the net this popped up after receiving in the post opend up the box to find budgetly made plastic alarm clock but hey gave it ago and it doesn't work the light isn't bright enough to make any difference to waken up as I woke to a dimley lit corner of the room and it doesn't stay on long enough to...
Published 18 months ago by paul

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Really impressed with the clock, 11 Oct. 2013
This review is from: iBoutique® Premium Natural Sunrise Digital Alarm Clock / Dawn Simulator - IBSUN001SW (Soft Silver) - 30-day Money Back Guarantee (Electronics)

Some are very expensive but I found this model to be at a good price point in comparison. Taking it out of the box, it is very lightweight and perhaps the plastic is a bit flimsy but I guess this is reflected in the price. The controls are a little fiddly however the instructions provided are very clear. It doesn't take long to find your way around. After some test-runs I had the light alarm activating as expected. It is also reassuring to know that there is a back-up audible alarm.

Does it work? Well, the clock uses LEDs to save electricity - not a bad feature given the price of electricity these days. The clock does again begin illuminating 20 minutes before it is time to get up. The intensity increases and light output eventually is good - strong enough for me anyway. It has a snooze ability also were the light will re-activate after a few minutes.

To summarize, this is nicely designed, simple alarm clock that does as it says. One final point, is that it includes a mains adapter as some models run off batteries only and I understand they eat batteries. This one also take batteries if for example you went camping maybe and didn't have a power source.

I am sure anybody who suffers from dark mornings with SAD or otherwise, would be delighted with this unit.

4.0 out of 5 stars So much easier to wake up, 10 Mar. 2014
A. Walmsley (UK) - See all my reviews
I Like the unit overall and does help with waking up. Simple to use and easy to set, would recommend,

5.0 out of 5 stars Great budget priced sunrise clock, 29 May 2015
This is a great cost effective wake up light / sunrise alarm clock that is much better value than the offerings from the likes of Philips & Lumie. It might not quite have all the bells and whistle of some of those models but don't let that put you off.

The first thing I like about it is that it uses LEDs - many of the other clocks use higher wattage bulbs and that means more energy. The clock can run off batteries or mains - adapter included. Brighness gradually illuminates to full brightness when you want to wake up. Light output is reasonable and more or less on a par with more expensive models - some are brighter but the light is adequate. The light is a cool white light when it is fully turned on.

The clock also has a snooze facilty which is useful and a backup audio alarm. The audio alarm can be deactivated but it is a nice safety net especially as you get used to the clock. While on this subject, you must allow your body a good few weeks to adjust to the light - especially if you have not used a sunrise clock before. Don't expect any sunrise clock to perform miracles within a week of buying - it just ain't going to happen. I suffer from mild S.A.D. and I delighted how it has helped me in combination with other products like daylight bulbs.

Instructions are fairly easy to follow and I had mine set up in around 10 minutes. Once you set your alarm you can just simply set and forget and it will light up each day at the same time. Just note however if you cut the power, you will have to re-program it which is a bit of a pain but not a deal breaker.

With the 30-day money back guarantee and warranty I feel you have nothing to lose in trying this instead of more expensive models. Should my experience change over time, I will amend this review but for now I am delighted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Arrived quickly - great product, 15 Nov. 2013
Needed a wake up alarm clock as I really suffer this time of year. Setting up was relatively painless and I now find it a whole lot easier to rise in the morning. Please with the purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, but doesn't stay on long., 2 Jan. 2014
I do recommend it, it does wake you up prior to the alarm going off, as the room fills with light and its not too bright.
However, the light only stays on for 1 minute, which is not long enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars cheaper option, 30 Mar. 2014
My other branded one had broke, this was a cheap alternative and so far works well, will use it more during the winter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with this, 11 Dec. 2014
Has both a sound alarm which buzzes and a light feature. The light come on about 20 mins before the alarm goes off. Very pleased with this product

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic. Easy to use and really helps with S, 12 Nov. 2014
Fantastic. Easy to use and really helps with S.A.D. Highly reccommend it

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 5 Jun. 2014
The only issue with the light is it could have been brighter but compared to the other price wise still a great product that wakes you in a much nicer way

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Dec. 2014
Great for early morning job

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›