3.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy vest, flimsy straps, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: Weighted Vest 30Kg (Misc.)
I was searching through trying to find a heavy weight vest for my training. When i found this vest it appealed to me, it was the weight i wanted it looked strong and did not have a glorified price tag. The item came through i think maybe two or three days to deliver and me to recieve it (i had ordered many thinks so i am not enrtirely sure) no longer than three days i am certain, this was impressive as it was during the Christmas rush. Upon opening the box all was as expected it definatly weights the 30kg thats for sure, so as i put on the vest i connected the two straps into the plastic clip buckles at the top and bottom, as this vest is 'one size fits all' i needed to pull the buckle strap tighter to secure it on my body, easy right? No i gave a small consistant pull like you would any other clip buckle strap and then crack, the top buckle snapped, I was fuming! I had just pulled the strap to tighten the vest onto myself and already the big chucky but absolutly excuse my language 'crap' buckle snapped at the bottom where the strap loops through. Despite being angry at this i thought perhaps it was my fault perhaps i fed it through too hard or something, i mean anyone would have thought the clip buckle on a 30KG vest would be sturdy right? Guess not! I then carefully did up the second one and it was fine, untill halfway through my training i heard another snap and the second buckle came off in the exact same place! The area that is meant to take the tension snapped on both occasions and now to cut this long story short i have to tie the thick straps around my body and then together to prefent the jacket moving or falling off. The weight of the jacket can hold itself on to you but when running it will jog around and cause neck and back pain if not secured down.

3.0 out of 5 stars Owned less than 3 months - has signs of wear already, 25 Jan 2014
Richard Griffiths "SoulFireMage" (Bristol UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Weighted Vest 30Kg (Misc.)
On the positive, I'm still using it and for me it works fairly well. I use it along with ankle weights to gain some agility for martial arts movement - in this it's been ideal. Fairly comfortable.

On the negative, the weight pockets on both sides are tearing at the top and the straps at the bottom aren't quite secured in the right places they slip under the front left and right sides and have to be adjusted.

It was the cheapest option at this weight range and I've been using it 2-3 times a week, 1/2 hour to an hour for just under 3 months now. The wear factor is too high for my liking, not sure if I'll buy the same again but I've not contacted Gorilla yet so maybe they would help.

Not bad for the money but not brilliant either, I'll continue to use it until I can't sew it anymore!

Weighted Vest 30Kg