4.0 out of 5 stars Loved this one!
*******4.5 stars********

Layla Carson is back!! I wasn't a fan of Layla after reading Now and Then I think I went as far as calling her a bitch, I didn't really warm to her and didn't like the games she played. However she had somewhat redeemed herself by the end of the book and I was looking forward to reading this book, and her story.

Layla...
Published 8 months ago by MISS D H D FEARON

1.0 out of 5 stars CRAP
What a load of CRAP, YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS, I ended up reading this book just to see how bad it could get. Brenda Rothert "if that's the so called author's real name" needs to WAKE up and smell the coffee. HELLO HELLO Brenda, did you write this book on your lunch break, please don't write another one.
Published 1 month ago by Michael Dickinson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved this one!, 7 Nov 2013
*******4.5 stars********

Layla relationship with her sister is a little better she has realized she can't go on acting the way she does by have lots of meaningless sex with men, and she needs to focus more on herself, and what she really wants out of life. The more I got to know Layla in this one the more I found myself liking her, l saw a different side of her, and in some aspect I could totally relate to her.

Ben Montrose is a former Marine now working as a cop who Layla meets while working on a case. Now I'm not going to lie I definitely had a thing for him. He was an alpha male but not over the top was hot and sexy with his muscles, and had a way with words that would make any girl go weak at the knees. ;)

I really liked the storyline, I won't say too much as I don't want to give it away. But what started out as a fun challenge for 4 weeks turn into much more. The chemistry, and the sexual tension between Layla and Ben was off the charts. They work well together, and are so much alike both fiercely independent who like to be in control, and they have a few issues when it comes to relationships.

I liked how the relationship developed, and that they didn't just jump straight into bed together, they waited hence there was so much sexual tension between them. Even I was getting hot and sweaty at one point.

It was great to see Emma and Cole back, but Cole annoyed me he was a bit of an a**hole, and yes you have guessed it I wanted to punch him at one point. I like Melanie she made me laugh.

Overall this was such a great book, which I liked more than the first. Brenda Rothert has done it again, `Now and Again' was an entertaining sexy steamy read that I had to read in one sitting. I loved the little angst that it had, the mystery, the romance, the banter and the dirty talk. I could feel the chemistry, the sexual tension, and the passion.

Like Now and Then there was no cliffhanger ending, but also no epilogue, but I didn't mind it didn't need it as I got my HEA, and discover that the third book and final book in the series Now and Forever is scheduled for release in January 2014. It's about Emma and Layla, and I can tell you now I have my hand in the air waving as I'm looking forward to it, can't wait!

Some of my favorite quotes

"You want to be the man who tames the untamable. We're too much alike. Ben Both dominant and controlling. I don't want to lay in bed passively while you amaze me with your skills I want to be on top amazing you with mine." ~ Layla

"I'm surprised how attracted I'm to your combative nature. But you're under my skin now. I don't want a compliant woman _ I want you" ~ Ben

Ben...he gets me. He knows how to handle me. I've never met a man who complements me but he does. When we're together, I don't feel like an aggressive b***h. I just feel like a woman who knows what she wants. And when he looks at me... I feel beautiful. In more than a t**s and a** way" ~ Layla

"She got this façade for not caring, but I can tell that deep down she want me to chase her. And damned if I don't want to catch her." ~ Ben

"Layla. I love you, too. I do, I want to be with you. I want to share the ups and downs with you." ~ Ben

"What are you going to do tonight? I'd tie him up and ride him till dawn"~ Melanie

"Neither one of us is perfect, but is it possible we're perfect together, Cupcake?"~ Ben

5.0 out of 5 stars Very involved and tense, 12 May 2014
This review is from: Now and Again (Kindle Edition)
I found this a very powerful and deep book I 'really enjoyed it and I am looking forward to reading the final book and I can't wait. this book was so well written so I look forward to reading more well done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely read!, 9 July 2014
This review is from: Now and Again (Kindle Edition)
Love this series and really enjoyed this book and reading Layla's story and meeting Ben. I loved that we still read about her sister Em and Cole from the first book too and it all just fit nicely together. Well worth the read, enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars You will enjoy!, 7 July 2014
This review is from: Now and Again (Kindle Edition)
Lovely story, easy reading.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 14 Jun 2014
This review is from: Now and Again (Kindle Edition)
sexy, easy holiday read, can put it down but want to pick it up again, good story lines, not just sex, would recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars a good read, 10 Jun 2014
Have read #1. & #2. In the series... Can't wait to read. #3
A great set of stories.... Unable to put the book down when I start to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 9 May 2014
This review is from: Now and Again (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed reading all the Fire on Ice books, I would definitely recommend these books to anyone who loves an easy read

5.0 out of 5 stars wow, 29 April 2014
This review is from: Now and Again (Kindle Edition)
you read about Em and Cole in the 1st book now you read about Em's sister Layla in this one and learn more about her attitude to her work and those around her. Will she meet the one who can love her and she can truly love back and not be a player????

well you'll have to read to find out and lets say you wont be disappointed Congrats Brenda on another smash hit!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it..., 15 April 2014
This review is from: Now and Again (Kindle Edition)
I would recommend to anyone who loves a Romance. It was a quick and easy read, I couldn't put it down. Love the characters and enjoyed both books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another one I coudn't put down, 14 April 2014
This review is from: Now and Again (Kindle Edition)
Brilliant all 3 of them, couldn't put them down, characters are great and are stand alone books but better to read them all if you can

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›