Format: MP3 Download|Change

on 18 December 2013
I first saw these guys on YouTube, videos of their busking on the streets of Dublin and of them playing both self penned pieces & covers at home. Even then I realised there was great quality in their voices and musicianship. Every track they produce is well crafted, sung with spot on harmonies between the two brothers, a style so individual born of the apprenticeship busking around Temple Bar.

Prior to the releases through Polydor, they self released an EP in 2011 called It Starts Here, released under the moniker of their forenames Harry & Alfie before adopting their surname Hudson Taylor as a band name. The Arrow Song, Not To Blame and Concrete Walls are my favourites from then, although the remaining two tracks are equally the same quality making it an EP if you can get hold of it, well worth a listen.

in 2012, the Battles and Cinematic Lifestyle EPs were issued, every one of the eight tracks across the two discs a fine piece of work regularly playing out on my iPod.

Osea is their latest offering in 2013 is excellent all round, continuing on from their two previous four track EPs with Polydor. Care, Second Best and Beautiful Mistake are just sublime. Having now seen them live twice, the progression of their popularity is gathering pace, the most recent gig heaving with fans who could not be held back from singing along word for word to every song on the setlist.

Definitely a couple of guys to keep your eye on, they will be BIG! I can't get enough of listening to their individual and easily recognisable style.
review image
on 15 October 2013
Excellent, love the sound. Especially Care, with the harmonies. A fresh, strong sound. Looking forward to more, enjoying the two previous EP's as well. Brilliant.
If you have come across Hudson Taylor then you'll know their songs are solid but soundful. (Is there a word soundful. There is now:- I've just invented it.)

This is lovely and tuneful. And Soundful.
on 16 April 2014
I read about these in a Sunday paper and found them on Youtube. WOW.. WOW..
They are fantastic I can't stop listening to them they are the ONLY music in my car at the moment. I looked for tickets to their next concert in London, but DISAPPOINTED it is standing only... sorry lads no good to me. I need a seat. Maybe they can do another concert with seating (hope they read this).....
on 25 March 2014
Very good introduction E.P. For me, as i'd not really heard of them before. Melodic and powerful collection of songs, with lovely lyrics. Would recommend to anyone who likes the sound of bands with a folky/rock vibe.
on 10 December 2013
I discovered Hudson Taylor supporting the Rolling Stones this summer and love them.

These boys write their own songs, they sing beautifully and so would highly recommend that you try them!
on 18 March 2015
Delivery, packaging and product all good.
on 10 January 2015