4.0 out of 5 stars Some people might read the synopsis of this book...
...and think that it's just a book for blokes, that turns women in to sex objects. That is only partly true! I started and finished reading the book with my feminist views intact, but I think blokes would enjoy it for the cringey sex moments and (sometimes brutally) honest appraisal of what it's like for single guys looking for love.
Fisher's quest sounds selfish and...
Published 22 months ago by Debs

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny easy to read
Thoroughly enjoyed reading this book.
It's funny easy to read and touches base on some key issues in life. Worth a read
Published 11 months ago by Carolyn

4.0 out of 5 stars Some people might read the synopsis of this book..., 17 Nov 2012
Fisher's quest sounds selfish and a bit slutty, but is really a story about a guy who just hasn't found the right girl yet, and when he does, it's a Richard Curtis-esque love story that you hope will work out.
Andy Jones manages to strike the balance between lad and chick lit in a way that only few authors (Nick hornby, Tony Parsons) have before. The book does have some pretty racey moments in it (ones that would make your mum blush)but it is also well written (50 shades of Grey readers take note!) and easy to read. That's a highly recommended, must read review from me. I loved it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 14 Feb 2013
Really enjoyed, laugh out loud funny so many times and yet also a poignant look at the relationships in Fisher 's life. In particular with his best friend El. Definitely worth a read

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it, 29 Dec 2012
I blinking loved this book. I have no idea how you are unpublished as you connect so well emotionally to the reader. It was interesting to read a man's perspective on modern dating and love/ life and refreshing to see one who admits the flaws.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 29 Aug 2013
Leri (North Wales) - See all my reviews
Loved this book. Clever the way it draws you in from the first page. Have read a few books lately from male pov and this was another great one. Well drawn characters that got your sympathy and interest. You want to know more and what will happen to them. There was more to the book than I expected and that was a pleasant surprise. Would like to know if this author has written anything else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, a must read, 9 Mar 2013
I love this book, hilarious, romantic and absolutely brilliant. I was drawn in by the first page, and couldn't put it down. It's not you typical story, and I'm sure not everyone would share their "number".

The whole story is brilliantly written with the build up and guessing who will be girl 99.

I highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and easy to read, 7 Mar 2013
Great read, funny and fresh. Good insight into what's going on inside man's head. Will be waiting for more releases from this author. 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a read., 14 Sep 2014
James T (Glasgow, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Girl 99 (Kindle Edition)
Loved this book. The main character Fisher is a likeable character whose take on his everyday and night time escapades make enjoyable reading, some great lines in this book and some of the ways in which the main character makes his observations about the situations he inevitably finds himself in, are well written and very quotable. I hope this isn't a spoiler but a good ending, story stops at a place where there is NOT too much left to the imagination you kinda know how the story pans out for the main characters (I always feel a little cheated by cliff hanger endings).
An awful lot to like in this book, so much so that I read it in two sittings as opposed to my normal hour of reading before bedtime.

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good, 19 July 2014
I must admit I have had this book on my kindle for quite a long time as I wasn't really sure it was going to be my kind of thing. But I have to say I really enjoyed it. So much so that I'm writing my first ever review. It made me laugh out loud on a number of occasions. If you like Tony Parsons or Nick Hornby novels I would recommend this book to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book - the new Nick Hornby, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: Girl 99 (Paperback)
A really easy, funny and engaging read - the perfect holiday / switch off book. Looking forward to discovering more of Andy P. Jones work

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting take on romance, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: Girl 99 (Kindle Edition)
You can't help but dislike this character or his way of life, but he grows on you throughout the story. A man's view of casual "dating", which on one hand is stomach churning, on the other interesting. It has very funny moments like "bounthy, bounthy" girl and the stalker estate agent, but the most likable is El his best friend. Personally I wouldn't get along with this chap if I met him, but there is something about him, especially when he meets the one and is forced to change his ways. I have given it 4 stars at it is a change reading a book written by a man and it is well written. A few typo errors crop up as the book reaches the end, needs 're checking.

Girl 99