Published 4 months ago by Mr. P. Harvey

3.0 out of 5 stars Great bag but annoying Toggles
Published 7 months ago by Stavros

5.0 out of 5 stars i-stay shoulder bag for mobile devices up to and including the iPad, 9 Jan. 2015
Mr. P. Harvey "Phil" (Cornwall, UNITED KINGDOM) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This shoulder bag is surely one of the best looking carry bags on the market for tablets and mobile devices up to around 10" size, including the Apple iPad range. It is beautifully designed and manufactured and is now available at a very reasonably price. I originally purchased one for myself mainly because of its attractiveness and the numerous padded internal compartments and zipped outer pocket. But then I noticed friends and family members buying iPads without much regard to how best to transport and protect them. I duly purchased 3 more i-stay carry bags and gave them away as Christmas presents and they were gratefully received. I have little doubt these bags will protect their contents if accidentally dropped although I have yet to put that feature to the test. The shoulder strap is adjustable, well padded at the shoulder and replaceable, should the need arise. As far as I am aware this shoulder/messenger bag is only available in black & white. I am very happy to recommend both the bag and seller who carefully placed the bags in a cardboard box even though it was unnecessary.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag for an iPad or tablet, 3 Jan. 2013
I bought one of these bags to carry my 10.1 Samsung Galaxy tablet both for work and leisure. It holds the tab well with plenty for padding for protection and space to carry other essentials. Overall, a top tablet bag that is well made and strong.

5.0 out of 5 stars I can carry my bag!, 30 Jan. 2014
Maryon Jeane "maryonjeane" (Shropshire) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Ever since my peripatetic teaching days I have carried my world around with me - any emergency and I'm ready for it, first at the post with anything required. I can stay overnight anywhere at a moment's notice because everything I need is in my handbag. If a client needs me to work urgently, right here and now when I'm out and about, I've got everything right with me. I also have a chiropractor who is putting her child through private school...

Having reverted to a netbook from a tablet (talks straight to my desktop, keyboard...) and having added a mi-fi device to my must-go-with-mes, my need for a way of carrying everything around without resorting to a wheeled trolley finally reached desperation level. So, after much researching, I decided to try the i-stay laptop bag before my back gave up completely.

Wow. I don't know why it works, but it does. If I put all my must-go-with-mes into any other bag, the bag becomes serious luggage and not something you'd want to carry far without wheels or other help (huskies, mules, a footman); if I put it into the i-stay bag, it's manageable. The added bonus that the bag stays on my shoulder rather than slipping down to elbow level and damaging my tendons is the icing on the cake.

The short grab handles (padded for comfort) means the bag can be moved quickly (off the checkout conveyor belt, out of the way before someone sits on it) without trying to wind a long strap round your hand and probably spilling the contents of the bag everywhere or swinging it into someone's midriff. The splayed formation of the bottom of the bag means it can be dumped down without its falling over. The organiser bit at the front of the bag means that business can be done in shops or meetings without exposing all your serious hardware and/or your make-up, half-eaten lunch and spare knickers to public view. Two further compartments (one at the front, one at the back) allow for anything super-private/valuable to be stored against the body and anything constantly needed quickly to be accommodated. The bag's padding makes the bag comfortable against the body as well as protecting contents.

I'm impressed by the quality of the i-stay as well. The material is good (and easily wipe-clean) and the seams are well-stitched. The metal bits (zip pulls, D-rings etc.) are sturdy, rounded, smooth and a good colour (dark pewter).

All-in-all, I only have two minor beefs with the i-stay: firstly there are no built-in fixing loops to which lanyards for keys, purses and torches etc. can be attached, and secondly the horrible white 'flash' on which the logo sits. I have no particular beef with the logo itself (although perhaps it's not quite necessary to have it on every zipper, twice on the strap and yet again on the flash - nine instances on one bag...), but the white flash looks cheap, nasty, and ruins the style of the whole thing - which is otherwise first class. However I've found a shoe dye which tones with the colour of the laptop bag and a black Sharpie and some black alcohol ink sorted out my partner's i-stay messenger bag.

Finally, for the price this is amazing. Some of the bags I looked at would have cost more than my netbook, most of them were deadly boring in style - and none of them offered what is unique about this bag: the ability to carry your world around with you without killing your back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 7 Jan. 2013
I recently purchased one of these ipad bags as I liked the look of it. I really underestimated the non slip strap - it is really great! Extremely happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for iPad Air, 25 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Falcon IS0121 i-stay Bag with Non Slip Strap for 10.1 inch iPad/Tablet/Netbook/E-Reader (Accessory)
This is a great bag for carrying a tablet PC and a few other accessories around. The bag isn't heavy so the strap isn't a big deal, but it really does prevent the bag from slipping so kudos to the people at i-stay for designing that. The bag has a robust design, with quality zippers. It has two separate inside pockets with several compartments and slots, including a padded compartment with a velcro strap for securing the iPad. My iPad Air fits with a little room to spare, even with the SmartCase. Another reviewer mentioned that the outside pocket was a bit too slim and deep. It is a bit tight. It's not really deep but even my smallish female hands won't really fit inside the pocket to dig around for stuff, especially when the other compartments are full. I suppose the front pocket would be OK for storing a passport or plane ticket, though. The bag itself easily fits an iPad, a thin wallet, a mobile, a few pens or some keys and a Moleskine journal or small book. So it's a nice "man bag" (though men might prefer black or red to purple!) or a good replacement for a purse/messenger bag.

I will definitely look into getting an i-stay strap for the next notebook computer bag I buy. I could really see that strap helping immensely with heavy shoulder bags.

The people at bags-direct were really nice and immediately helped me with an enquiry I had, so I can attest to the service there as well. All in all, great product and good service!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great bag but annoying Toggles, 13 Oct. 2014
The bag it is well made, robust and nearly all of the different sections of the bag are perfect especially for full size Ipads, phones, wallet etc all except the front zipper pocket which you would have to have hands the size of a child to make use of and I don't have large hands. The other thing I didn't like was the zip toggles as they were made of metal and clanked when you move and no amount of adjustment made a difference. I decided to send the bag back to amazon for a full refund because the 6 clanking toggles would have driven me mad, if they replace the toggles with silent ones I would happily buy the bag again. What was a real innovation is the strap and that is a really very clever idea so much so I have ordered just a strap for using on either my large DSLR case or a Quality Holdall I often use on trips.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 2 Feb. 2014
Does the job quick delivery and would buy again well padded to protect our iPads
Would be nice to have a phone pouch on it

5.0 out of 5 stars Messenger bag, 3 Mar. 2013
J. Roberts - See all my reviews
Gave not mused yet as I got it for my holidays. On looking it is very well made with plenty of pockets for mobile e readers passports etc. A great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Quality, 25 Mar. 2013
Good protective case for my iPad. Well made, good value, well worth it.
Would recommend it to anyone after small protective bag for iPad !

5.0 out of 5 stars Very handy "man bag" for travelling., 18 Oct. 2014
Sailorjohn (Milton Keynes UK) - See all my reviews
I wanted a practical "man bag" to hold and project my tablet whilst keeping travel documents to hand and I have to say this does the job a treat,

I have an early Samsung Galaxy 10 inch tablet which is a bit meatier than more modern maodels but this bag holds it in a padded section with no problem. There is plenty of room for a passport, pens, specs, mobile, even a charger.

The non slip strap thing works well, it stays on your shoulder even when bending or moving about sorting your main luggage at checkin etc.

A bit pricey, I've since seen similar for a fair bit less but this is well made, looks smart and works well. To be recommend.