5.0 out of 5 stars TechNet USB 3.0 10-Port Hub
Excellent device.
Comes with a high quality power supply and cables.
It is 'Plug and Play' straight from the box.

I have 5 of these powering my Asic Erupters, That's 50 devices drawing 2.55 watts each device.
Very stable in use.
Windows 7 has no problem driving this system.

One drawback, My Rasberry Pi does not like USB 3.0 so for...
Published 20 months ago by Peo

Wanted a USB3 speed boost over the Trust 7 port hub I've had for years. Decided to get this due to the great ratings.
From day one I was getting drives unmapping/disappearing/disconnecting.
Published 15 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars TechNet USB 3.0 10-Port Hub, 23 Aug. 2013
Excellent device.
Comes with a high quality power supply and cables.
It is 'Plug and Play' straight from the box.

Very stable in use.
Windows 7 has no problem driving this system.

One drawback, My Rasberry Pi does not like USB 3.0 so for this I need alternative Hubs.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bought this as a speed upgrade to replace my Trust 7 port switch. Non-stop issues with this., 6 Feb. 2014
From day one I was getting drives unmapping/disappearing/disconnecting.
Figured maybe the cable was poor (had the same issue with my Trust initially) replaced the cable and in this case have had no improvements. My drives disconnect every few hours. Seemingly randomly.
I try to watch films and halfway through the film it'll disappear

Have on more week in my return window. Likely going to ship this right back..

4.0 out of 5 stars Working perfectly for me, 9 Feb. 2014
Mr Gumby "DH" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: TeckNet® USB 3.0 7 Port Hub + 2 Charge-Only Ports With 12V/4A Power Adapter and USB 3.0 Cable [VIA VL812 Chipset], 2 Year Warranty (Electronics)
This has changed in appearance since I bought mine in October 2013 but the current version appears functionally identical. Mine has performed flawlessly. My USB 3.0 HDD is as fast through the hub as when directly connected to my PC. Power consumption is trivial - almost unmeasurable when there is no load.

There's one really weird thing. The charge-only ports die when the hub is connected to a permanently powered port on my PC and the PC is asleep or powered down, but remain powered if the hub is connected to a standard USB port on the PC.

One star deducted, then, but I'd have no hesitation in buying again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good as a Hub, but not as a USB 3.0 hub, 21 Jan. 2014
I brought this around 2 weeks back. The primary reason for bringing this was to serve as a hub for many USB devices that I have as part of my little home studio (hard disks, external sound cards, and midi controllers). Here are my observations:

The good.
- The build is quite good. Though light in weight, it feels robust.
- installing and starting to use was easy. It is a plug&play device so my windows 7 machine recognized it as a USB3.0 device and I was set to go almost immediately.

The bad:
- The hub has its own power switch. I assumed that if I turned on the power switch, all my USB devices would get connected to my PC. However, I found that both my external hard disks (independently powered) mostly never got recognized using this method. I had to switch on the hub, wait for about 10-20 seconds, and then switch on my hard disks.
- I dont think I am getting USB3.0 speeds on this device when a mix of USB2.0 & USB3.0 are connected. I have one HDD that is USB2.0 and another that is USB3.0. If I connected both the devices into the hub, copying files from my hard disk to the external drives achieved only USB 2.0 speeds (close to 20MBPS). If I however disconnected the USB2.0 drive, I managed to get USB3.0 speeds (close to 50MBPS). So the speed of the hub seems to be dependant on the slowest device connected.

The ugly
My (home studio) applications use a lot of data transfer over USB. I have encountered the Blue Screen of Death (BSD) atleast once every hour when working with intense I/O activities. The hub seems unable to cope with heavy rate of data transfers. And I am really unhappy with this bacause I have never (I mean NEVER) had a BSD on my current setup before. My machine has 4 USB ports and I have 6 devices. It works fine if I connect 3 devices to the hub and 3 directly to my comp. However, if I try connecting all 6 devices to the hub, I am sure to get the BSD within 15-20 mins of working.

I had read the reviews and taken a chance on buying this product. I would not recomend this product for any "Serious" USB hub use. Its however may be an adequate device for "normal" use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, but change the fuse in the mains lead supplied for added peace of mind, 27 Nov. 2013
R. I. Hawdon "Ian Hawdon" (Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK) - See all my reviews
Got this to expand the capabilities of my Mid 2013 MacBook Air (can never have too many USB ports, right?) Whilst it performs fantastically, down to it's rather beefy external power pack, there's one small issue that got my attention.

The unit is supplied with a figure-of-eight power cable to connect to the power pack. On the plug it says "Fitted with a 13A fuse". The label on the power pack says that it's rated for 2.5A of current. In this case, a 3A fuse would be be fine.

Now, a fuse is actually designed to protect the cable rather than the device itself, but I don't believe the cable attached to the plug is capable of delivering over 13A of current over it (i.e. letting the fuse blow if the power pack malfunctions), but what's worse is that the 13A fuse fitted appears to be counterfeit and is not filled with silicon sand, making it a potential fire/shock hazard.

The cable, plug, and power pack seem of good enough quality for the rated 2.5A the power pack is capable of delivering, so I personally ended up switching the offending fuse with a proper 3A one.

With that out of the way, I can't fault the device itself, it does exactly what it says on the tin, and I've quite happily run 10 devices off it simultaneously. The added benefit of having a power switch on it to turn off the power to the devices when you're not using your computer saves you from having to unplug all your devices, or reaching for the plug (which in my office isn't easily accessible). The LEDs that light up next to each active port are a little gimmicky, but do look quite cool all the same.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking hub, but terrible build quality, 20 Aug. 2013
Bought this hub to run some Bitcoin mining devices on. They need quite a bit of power, at just over 550mA each. This hub has a decent 5A@12V PSU, so should have plenty of power to run 10 devices.

Running 4 of the devices made the hub heat up quite a bit, so I decided to pop it open (obviously ruining the warranty), and have a look. I'm quite familiar with electronics, as I build quite a few kits, and do my own repairs.

Well, I was shocked at the soldering and build quality of this hub. Components were barely hanging on, there were blobs of solder everywhere, burnt and melted plastic round the bottom of the ports. It almost looked like it was soldered together by a 4 year old child in a sweatshop during an earthquake, using a lump of metal heated in a fire. Terrible. I did keep the PSU, which is a useful 12v supply.

Threw the hub away, replaced with an Anker hub. It's double the price, but at least it looks like it was made in a factory rather than in some back alley in China.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very handy, 11 Feb. 2014
Very useful device having the fast charging slots for my phone and wireless headphones. Unfortunately have to keep my Logitech wireless mouse receiver/transmitter plugged directly into the laptop as it will sometimes stop working after the laptop sleeps if it is plugged into the hub. But otherwise everything else works fine, printer, scanner, phone, hard drive, headphones and webcam all plugged in and working fine.

(PS does not get hot like some cheap hubs with fast charging do)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. Every bit as good as the others, but much cheaper., 1 July 2014
I bought this because my thin laptop (Dell XPS 13) doesn't have an ethernet port and only has 2 USB 3.0 ports. The unit that I received had "ORICO" branding on it instead of the "TeckNet" branding seen in the product picture. This caused a bit of anxiety. Also, the instructions were useless. So, things didn't look good at first. But... it didn't matter in the end... the thing just worked. I thought I'd have to install special software or drivers, but on Windows 8.1, I just plugged the thing in and the gigabit ethernet and USB 3.0 ports worked instantly. Total plug and play. There are other USB 3.0 ethernet adapter and 3-port hub combo units very similar to this one listed on Amazon, with plenty of decent reviews. This one had zero reviews, but was significantly cheaper than the others. Usually, I'd avoid a product with zero reviews, but because it was almost 50% cheaper than the others, I thought I'd take the risk. And it totally paid off. The product is excellent, works perfectly, and I saved a load of money. With the money I saved, I bought a second one to use at home. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 port hub, 16 Aug. 2013
I purchased this to replace two other hubs that took up a lot of room, this is a lot smaller and works perfectly

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well as a 2.0 hub, but not as a 3.0 hub, 29 Aug. 2014
This functions well as a USB 2.0 hub, but with my laptop it fails to do the job of acting as a 3.0 hub. For example, a USB disk drive that works fine when plugged directly in to the laptop will fail to manifest correctly on the USB bus when plugged in via the hub. This was when the hub is in a USB 3.0 port on my laptop. The disk spins up OK, so the hub is probably able to supply the power: it was the only device plugged in to the hub.

Everything works OK in a non-super-speed, 2.0 port, though the maximum data rate I achieved via the in-built gigabit Ethernet on USB 2.0 was around 200 Mbps. For comparison, a dedicated Belkin USB Gigabit Ethernet Adapter achieved around 400 Mbps using the same set-up.

Other minor niggles: it's rather bulky; it's branded as Orico.

In the end, I purchased a HooToo 3-Port USB 3.0 HUB with 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Converter HT-UE01, and that worked excellently, unlike this product.