5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing like young love!
Published 17 months ago by Mrs. P. D. Bond

2.0 out of 5 stars I'm sorry but not good
Published 16 months ago by Beverley

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing like young love!, 5 Oct. 2013
This review is from: My Hero (Kindle Edition)
When I first saw this book I wasn't going to buy it as the cover suggested it had something to do with that ridiculous hand egg game American's are so fond of. Fortunately someone told me to read it anyway and the other character is a diver (yes think Tom Daley!) Either way, apart from a joint need for the boys to keep fit, the actual sports do not intrude too much onto the story so if sport is not your thing you don't have to avoid the book.
It tells a lovely story of two boys who initially become friends based on a brief meeting years ago, Rich is gay and out and Johnny is straight but to start with friendship is the only thing on their minds, until Johnny gets curious. What I love about this story is the way their families come into it, Eric has problems with his father but they started before he told him he was gay, Johnny's family however are wonderful, especially his cousin Anita who had me in tears of laughter. It seems that sometimes families know more than you know yourself and the problem with Rich's Dad is deeper than he could have imagined. The interaction with the others at their college is also very well written as is Johnny's struggle to understand exactly what he feels for Rich.
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this story it seemed different from other college stories I have read, perhaps less angsty but not mushy, anyway it was great - thanks Max xx

2.0 out of 5 stars I'm sorry but not good, 13 Nov. 2013
This review is from: My Hero (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book after reading the reviews and whilst I have no desire to rubbish a writer's work, glowing reviews regardless, are unfair to the next prospective reader. There is very little story here, the only realism is in the many ways the author describes what a very hairy man looks like covered in food and various bodily fluids! We should expect better from this genre now.

5.0 out of 5 stars A proper gay erotic novel, 9 Nov. 2013
This review is from: My Hero (Kindle Edition)
If you're after a hot, steamy gay literature then this is it. Entertaining, likeable characters, story has a good pace, nothing to dislike. Loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent, Addictive read, 23 Dec. 2014
This review is from: My Hero (Kindle Edition)
I have only read one other Max Vos book which I loved and the blurb for this book has me hooked immediately.
The character Rich and Johnny are so likeable and relatable you can help but root for them.
I couldn't put this book down and I shall certainly be reading many more from this author

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent dynamics of gay relationships wrapped in a story., 2 May 2014
This review is from: My Hero (Kindle Edition)
Max has written a wonderful story around relationships ... the son/father relationship particularly resonated with me as it was similar to how I was with my dad!
The 'complication' of potential sporting stars
being gay also brought a real issue into the
story. A great read.

4.0 out of 5 stars easy read, 6 Jan. 2014
This review is from: My Hero (Kindle Edition)
Lovely simple romantic gay love story. Sexy and dirty too, but lovely happy ending. I would recommend this read indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars great read!, 26 Nov. 2013
gm83 (Untied kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Hero (Kindle Edition)
I'm quite new to the whole m/m reads, after reading try I realised that I actually really enjoyed them but have to say I found most to be disappointing.. Not enough story and all sex but this has such a good combo of the two. Really liked both characters and felt they were so well suited

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book a MUST read!!!, 30 Oct. 2013
This review is from: My Hero (Kindle Edition)
Perhaps the best book i've ever read on the subject.
Fantastic story, very human characters, and VERY SEXY.
Once you start it you can't put it down...

5.0 out of 5 stars My Hero, 19 Oct. 2013
This review is from: My Hero (Kindle Edition)
Well another beautiful romantic novel that kept me reading this book all of the time until I'd finished just to read the outcome, and I wasn't disappointed at all. Yes I enjoyed this book even though I nearly didn't bother t read it at all.
I'd recommend this book to anyone who likes a good romance with a few tears thrown in that kept blurring my vision sometimes.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Reaction, 18 Oct. 2013
This review is from: My Hero (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed the storyline and the characters but found the bluntness and coarseness of some the description and vocabulary a turn off. This was a real shame; more finesse in this area would have made the story more compelling.

My Hero