on 24 June 2014
We love our new 27in iMac. Though some might say it is overpriced compared to a PC, it is so superbly designed and functions so well. There are no nagging screens telling you updates have to be done and the operating system works wonderfully well compared to frustrating Windows. I was a faithful Windows user until I bought the MacBook Pro a year ago and was then converted (though I do admit to having Windows on this as well as the Apple operating system). For those of you interested, we purchased Windows 7 and installed this without any difficulty on the MacBook Pro). My wife treated herself to this wonderful iMac. Another advantage compared to Windows is that you can actually speak to someone at Apple for support without any delays or difficulties whatsoever. Try doing this with a Microsoft product. This was a "Fulfilled by Amazon" product and we saved £200 compared to the High St price. It was ordered at lunchtime and delivered way up here in Scotland at 9.20am the next day.
22 comments|40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 March 2014
Great unit, capability, functionality and design. First Apple for me (they are overrated generally I feel) but this is a super unit. To not have a Tower is simply amazing. All that capability built into the monitor!!! The limited USB connectivity is overcome buy buying a USB hub and don;t be conned into thinking you need the Apple hub at loads of cash - there are plenty of Mac compatibles out there for c. 15.00. Mouse takes a bit of getting used to but once familiar with it - fantastic thing! Same too for the optional extra Track Pad. Key board is brilliant, just get used to some key home changes compared to standard querty boards. Shop around for this unit as you can save a few hundred pounds compared with Apple store and delivery is quicker too.
on 31 August 2014
I own several mac products, and bought this as it was time to refresh my old iMac which is around 6 years old and was just getting too slow to run the music production software that I most use the iMac for. So, first things first. I'm happy to report that this mac is up there with my macbook pro in terms of functionality, speed and general performance. The 27 inch screen is also fantastic, particularly for complicated software where you need to really maximise your screen space.

As with all things Apple, takes about 5 minutes to get up and running, and recognised all my peripherals without any issues. The sound quality from the built in speakers is very impressive with lots of depth and colour to the sound. The screen (as I mentioned earlier) is simply fantastic, and the performance for running all the usual software (Logic, Adobe, Office, etc.) is ridiculously fast.

Overall, very happy with my shiny new iMac, and would recommend upgrading if you're using one more than 5 years old. If you're using a PC, you'll just be amazed... a computer that just works!
on 7 December 2013
I moved from Windows, which I had been using since I was 12 way back in 1995, to Macs after a laptop had broken for the nth time driving me over the wall. It seems to be always the case that the most drastic decisions are taken when under sufficient provocation and computer purchases are no different.

I enjoyed using my MacBook Pro with its large trackpad and premium feel due to its construction of aluminium and glass. The OS helped a lot too, from Snow Leopard, that rare concatenation of speed, efficiency and beauty, up to Mavericks which is the Snow Leopard of the cloud computing days.

Hence, I decided to go "crazy" once more and purchase a lovely, high resolution'd yet uniquely designed iMac.

Whilst I had reservations about the all wireless tech included with it, I needn't have. The batteries in the wireless keyboard and mouse seem to last a fair amount of time although I would recommend the mouse be switched off when not in use.

It would be nice if Amazon had the option of the magic trackpad instead of the mouse. OS X is so much more pleasant to use with a large trackpad that one can take advantage of the myriad gestures included into the OS.
on 28 November 2014
This is the machine I own. I spent a lot of time deliberating wether to buy it or not, eventually I did and I must say I have not regretted it, it's a dream! From the perfect screen size to the sound from built in speakers everything about this machine oozes quality, including the build and software. It is so easy to use, though I must admit it took a while for me to get used the the new operating system (my first mac, bar an iPhone).

After a couple of years now the machine has slowed down a bit, though the hard drive is over 3/4 full and I could do with cleaning up my files a bit, which does improve that. It has never given me a days trouble, there are no error messages, unlike my last dell PC which was a nightmare...

If you are looking to edit photo's or audio, or even just want a high end machine to browse the web and watch movies from, it doesn't get any better than this. The price will vary depending on the spec you want, so if your thinking of buying one of these, decide on the budget you want and then go for it. You won't be disappointed.
on 9 April 2014
I've been using windows for years decided to try the iMac it's the best purchase i have ever made.
Only purchased a couple of weeks and have no regrets.
on 15 August 2014
Brand new iMac, exactly as specified in sealed Apple packaging, delivered less than 48 hours from placing order. Perfect service from retailer!
on 10 April 2014
Please do not be put off by some strange reviews. This product as far as I can tell when delivered was brand new it had the box the packaging in fact it is probably the most beautifully packaged product I have ever bought! The packaging itself should win an award. The keyboard is a qwerty board and very easy to use. I have no idea if its American or English or from the moon, it works and looks like the rest of the system an item of engineered perfection. The mouse and keyboard are both wireless. Batteries last a very long time

The screen has not given me any issues its glossy but you cannot tell in use. The picture is razor sharp with pin sharp detail. it takes some getting used to simply because it so huge!! I would suggest you don't sneeze or cough on it because it shows every mark. I keep it clean with the cloth provided and a bit of warm breath up close. This keeps it looking good. DO NOT USE ANY CLEANING PRODUCTS OR WATER!!! The system is so quiet I can hardly hear it. If you turn your head and listen hard you can hear a faint fan noise.

I cannot recall what it came installed with Op System wise it updated within 12 hours of being unboxed and plugged in. Its running a version of Mavericks which is simplicity itself. I have been a Window user since the mid nineties, my biggest issue was the change from Windows to the IMAC op system. I am now used to it and I can see why everyone loves a MAC!!

I also splashed out on the Apple USB Super Drive an external disc drive whack is very good.

One small issue would be it has bio manual. I had to buy one and opted for OS X Mavericks 'The Missing Manual' which is excellent.
I can also recommend installing the Apple Microsoft Office package. It has Word, Powerpoint and Excell. All three softwares items are perfect and make the Windows transition an easier.Office for Mac Home and Student 2011, Licence Card, 1 User.

Ignore the doubters and believe the top reviews, I did and I can say its simply a design iCON.
on 17 May 2014
Great item but a bit desapointed with the seller for not describing on the listing the item was made for North American Countries. Anyway it does what it supposed to do.
on 14 November 2014
Amazing machine works really fast and really well. The 27 inch screen is great for face-time, messaging and many more. The system is a bit complicated if you're new to Apple but if you're a regular Apple user then the system is easy to understand. It has a wireless key pad so you can take it with you and connect it to different Apple products. It's really fast and the quality of the screen is fantastic.
It is expensive but it all ads up.

I would recommend this product to anyone.
review image