4.0 out of 5 stars Imac 27" Is Impressive

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: Clearly a used product, Disgraceful
Published 6 months ago by mac

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Imac 27" Is Impressive, 28 Mar 2014
This review is from: Apple iMac 27-inch All-in-One Desktop PC with Magic Mouse and Wireless Keyboard (Intel Core i5 3.2GHz Processor, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB HDD, 7200rpm, Face Time HD Camera, OS X Mountain Lion) (Personal Computers)
Great unit, capability, functionality and design. First Apple for me (they are overrated generally I feel) but this is a super unit. To not have a Tower is simply amazing. All that capability built into the monitor!!! The limited USB connectivity is overcome buy buying a USB hub and don;t be conned into thinking you need the Apple hub at loads of cash - there are plenty of Mac compatibles out there for c. 15.00. Mouse takes a bit of getting used to but once familiar with it - fantastic thing! Same too for the optional extra Track Pad. Key board is brilliant, just get used to some key home changes compared to standard querty boards. Shop around for this unit as you can save a few hundred pounds compared with Apple store and delivery is quicker too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, 17 May 2014
Great item but a bit desapointed with the seller for not describing on the listing the item was made for North American Countries. Anyway it does what it supposed to do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply stunning.........., 10 April 2014
Please do not be put off by some strange reviews. This product as far as I can tell when delivered was brand new it had the box the packaging in fact it is probably the most beautifully packaged product I have ever bought! The packaging itself should win an award. The keyboard is a qwerty board and very easy to use. I have no idea if its American or English or from the moon, it works and looks like the rest of the system an item of engineered perfection. The mouse and keyboard are both wireless. Batteries last a very long time

The screen has not given me any issues its glossy but you cannot tell in use. The picture is razor sharp with pin sharp detail. it takes some getting used to simply because it so huge!! I would suggest you don't sneeze or cough on it because it shows every mark. I keep it clean with the cloth provided and a bit of warm breath up close. This keeps it looking good. DO NOT USE ANY CLEANING PRODUCTS OR WATER!!! The system is so quiet I can hardly hear it. If you turn your head and listen hard you can hear a faint fan noise.

I cannot recall what it came installed with Op System wise it updated within 12 hours of being unboxed and plugged in. Its running a version of Mavericks which is simplicity itself. I have been a Window user since the mid nineties, my biggest issue was the change from Windows to the IMAC op system. I am now used to it and I can see why everyone loves a MAC!!

I also splashed out on the Apple USB Super Drive an external disc drive whack is very good.

One small issue would be it has bio manual. I had to buy one and opted for OS X Mavericks 'The Missing Manual' which is excellent.
I can also recommend installing the Apple Microsoft Office package. It has Word, Powerpoint and Excell. All three softwares items are perfect and make the Windows transition an easier.Office for Mac Home and Student 2011, Licence Card, 1 User.

Ignore the doubters and believe the top reviews, I did and I can say its simply a design iCON.

5.0 out of 5 stars A joy to use., 7 Dec 2013
I moved from Windows, which I had been using since I was 12 way back in 1995, to Macs after a laptop had broken for the nth time driving me over the wall. It seems to be always the case that the most drastic decisions are taken when under sufficient provocation and computer purchases are no different.

I enjoyed using my MacBook Pro with its large trackpad and premium feel due to its construction of aluminium and glass. The OS helped a lot too, from Snow Leopard, that rare concatenation of speed, efficiency and beauty, up to Mavericks which is the Snow Leopard of the cloud computing days.

Hence, I decided to go "crazy" once more and purchase a lovely, high resolution'd yet uniquely designed iMac.

Whilst I had reservations about the all wireless tech included with it, I needn't have. The batteries in the wireless keyboard and mouse seem to last a fair amount of time although I would recommend the mouse be switched off when not in use.

It would be nice if Amazon had the option of the magic trackpad instead of the mouse. OS X is so much more pleasant to use with a large trackpad that one can take advantage of the myriad gestures included into the OS.

5.0 out of 5 stars imac 27in, 24 Jun 2014
We love our new 27in iMac. Though some might say it is overpriced compared to a PC, it is so superbly designed and functions so well. There are no nagging screens telling you updates have to be done and the operating system works wonderfully well compared to frustrating Windows. I was a faithful Windows user until I bought the MacBook Pro a year ago and was then converted (though I do admit to having Windows on this as well as the Apple operating system). For those of you interested, we purchased Windows 7 and installed this without any difficulty on the MacBook Pro). My wife treated herself to this wonderful iMac. Another advantage compared to Windows is that you can actually speak to someone at Apple for support without any delays or difficulties whatsoever. Try doing this with a Microsoft product. This was a "Fulfilled by Amazon" product and we saved 200 compared to the High St price. It was ordered at lunchtime and delivered way up here in Scotland at 9.20am the next day.

5.0 out of 5 stars iMac 27-inch PC, 9 April 2014
I've been using windows for years decided to try the iMac it's the best purchase i have ever made.
Only purchased a couple of weeks and have no regrets.

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: Clearly a used product, Disgraceful, 16 Feb 2014
Firstly, I thought my order was going to come from the UK but it ended up coming from the states which immediately made me suspicious. There was no effort to provide me with a UK power cord and when I enquired I was sent a cheap travel plug adapter which clearly shouldn't be used on a personal computer. The keyboard was a US layout which confused me but was told It couldn't be changed. When It arrived it wasn't in it's official box but a flimsy brown box and it looked clearly used without any protective casing or plastic. Absolutely disgusting, obviously a refurbishment scam. Awaiting a refund from Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars buddy 42, 12 April 2014
fantastic absolutely love its great features and quick start are incredible i love everything about it would recommend this to any one

5.0 out of 5 stars my mac so fast, 14 April 2014
for years i have had a windows pc but this mac is so fast i still cannot be leave the speed.
well done mac.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best piece of hardware I've ever purchased, 11 Feb 2014
I've been using a PC since DOS 6.22, yet most of you reading this won't have a clue what that is. Lets just say I've always used a PC, but in recent years have been getting familiar with Apple products such as the iPhone and iPad etc. I do a bit of photography and video editing too and wanted some thing with a bit more grunt than my Sony laptop.

The iMac is awesome, apart from obviously how it looks etc the OS X Operating system is really easy to use and if you are the first to use a PC/Mac I would definitely say the Mac is easier to use.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›