Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.99

on 30 November 2013
Iv heard and seen so many different views and opinions about trivium over the years. There a great bunch of guys and i managed to meet them in 2012. Every album they have released has had mixed reviews and this new one is no different. Vengeance Falls is certainly a new direction for metal worldwide. Fast technical solos and heavy riffs will leave you wanting more. I reordered mine and havnt actually listened to anything else in my car since it arrived.

Matt the vocalist and rhythm guitarist has really grown on this album. His iconic screaming is still there but he concentrates more on clean good vocals that will have you singing along, i know i do! During and before recording he worked with some of the best vocal trainers to really enhance who HE is. The drums will keep your head banging from the word go and Paolo's bass playing is some of his best.

Overall the album is some of the guys best work since they started back in 2003. Seeing as they are still in there twenty's they have a very bright future ahead and i highly recommend this album to anyone who hasnt listened to them before.

People have moaned about a disturbed influence on this album. Im sorry but there is ONE track that you can KIND of hear it. Im a fan of both bands and to me this is Trivium in top form so ignore all the people who say it! I honestly dont see it. :)
on 8 November 2013
This is Trivium at their finest. This album is probably their best next to Ascendancy. Having bought all their previous albums barring the Crusade (which, in my opinion was something of a let down, but this isn't about that) I figured that this would have to be something big, particularly after In Waves which had some massive songs which translated almost perfectly onto the stage: I saw them live after purchasing and they blew me away again.

Vengeance Falls has some songs that deal some seriously crushing blows to the ears when listened to via headphones. Many songs are eardrum butchery in the sense that they're unrelenting and brutal and it's just a FANTASTIC album to listen to. It's got a couple of songs on there that will make you want to seriously rage and start a moshpit where you are. I'm not exaggerating there. Strife is a brilliant song. Through Blood and Through Dirt and Bone is another immense track.

I just love this album. I have basically played it on repeat until the brink of insanity.
on 5 January 2014
Normally, it takes me a few listens of a Trivium album to properly appreciate it and start going on about it every waking hour and day. It took me all of one listen to fall in love with Vengeance Falls. Yeah, it's not got as much screaming in it as most of the previous releases, and there aren't as many shredded solos, but actually that didn't matter in the end. The riffs are inventive, the melodies fantastic, the song structures original and well thought-out, and the overall effect excellent. As a metal-studded cherry on top of this iron-welded cake, Matt Heafy's singing is the best I have ever heard it. Seriously, listen to Through Blood and Dirt and Bone. Just listen to it. I'm pretty sure Heafy and Beaulieu have been taking some kind of finger steroids too, judging by some of the solos (don't worry, they get some great melody in there too). The whole album has a great variety of delights, ranging from the kind of anthemic tunes that make you want to grow rocket engines on your feet and conquer the moon (for example, To Believe) to drops heavier than a mountain on a trampoline (Wake). Buy this album.
on 4 November 2013
I'm sure Trivium know what music their fans want to hear and they know what they need to write to keep us happy...but why don't they do it? If you were totally new to Trivium and heard this record, I fear you would not return to check out the older stuff, and that would be a shame. I have been following Trivium since 2005 and i'm close to giving up to be honest. I seriously believed these guys would be the next generation of festival headliners once the likes of Iron Maiden and Metallica had hung up their guitars but unfortunately it could take a while with Trivium writing this sort of material. I recommend you check it out but if you are new to Trivium then I would check out Ascendancy and Shogun first. Meanwhile I will wait patiently for the next effort.......
on 12 November 2013
At first the album didn't really stand out to me too much although I really dug this more Thrash Metal approach and less Screaming and Metalcore influence. A few weeks later and I'm loving it. The songs are all fast heavy and catchy. Absolutely amazing 9/10
on 6 February 2016
Let's get to the obvious elitist quaral,David Draiman the vocalist in Disturbed produced this album. It this a blessing? yes. Is this a curse? If you think it makes the songs worse. I do not.Personally I think Draimans involvment abundantly develops Matt heafys vocal confidence and overall technique on Vengence Falls. The album is blistering and Euphoric from start to finish. Every track is played with power and ferocity. The drumming is also the driving force on v.f.,very speedy,pummeling,and most of all groovy. This is the sound of a future world where trivium are the vigilante warriors destroying the cyborgs! Now the melodies are very apparently draiman influenced,you can almost hear him singing them or atleast coaching matt heavy how to hold his notes in the studio,but it does no harm to the music,for me the music on here sounds more focused without too much screaming,it stands firm with matts vocals towering each melody with collosal leadership of the band. Some tracks sound similar,but the concept idea works,it all feels like concept album so i treat it as such. Solid trivium album.They sound alive on this.
on 25 November 2013
Great album! It's the most melodic work of Trivium so far, but it's heavier than ever!

Of course, highly recommended!
on 15 October 2013
Well the wait is over, the follow up to In Waves! Producer aside in some ways this feels very much like a follow on or a part two from where In Waves left off. But I think on some level this feels like The Crusade revisited and what we hear sounds and feels like the album Crusade was meant to be in terms of attitude or at least sound like.

Musicality wise this has got to be some of Triviums finest work, some of the tunes are just breath taking, particularly on the guitar side a great example is 'To Believe'. The band sound fresh, sharp, focussed and driven and there's a sense of urgency and uniqueness about the tunes which makes them very entertaining, with each listen I seem to hear/find something different. The only odd/out of place tune is 'Wake [The End is Nigh]'. If you own the non special edition its a very odd closing tune and almost sounds like its back to front, as it only really gets going literally towards the end.

Matt's vocals although perhaps not overly 'classic' Trivium, are confident and pristine, to the extent they are AMAZING! Its a side which was glimpsed in moments of Shogun, and now sounds even more powerful and assertive.

Overall this album is just another part of the ever growing Trivium puzzle, it will probably be even more amazing when heard live, particular with the likes of Strife and At The End of This War. Its only a matter of time till all the pieces sit perfectly and Trivium will deliver the masterpiece they have always threatened to deliver. The hardest part will be to believe.
on 7 November 2013
Been a trivium fan forever. Always loved their music. Yet I was bitterly disappointed with this album when I listed to first few times. I then left it a week and returned to it. And I was totally blown away. Yes it's different from their previous work but it still has a good undercurrent of vintage trivium to make me not wanna turn it off.
on 1 November 2013
The brilliance of Trivium is that if you stick with their albums for a few listens, you will always suddenly 'get' them. This is no different, it's a fast-paced, brutal answer to the scene kids currently running amok in the genre.
I'm not a music reviewer so I'll leave it there, but I whole-heartedly recommend buying this!