Size: One size|Colour: Stainless Steel|Change
Price:£4.50+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 18 February 2015
The DoohicKey is a keyring multitool aimed at the same market niche as the Leatherman Brewzer. The DoohicKey is somewhat cheaper than the Brewzer, but they both have their strengths and weaknesses.

The DoohicKey is pretty much the same length and thickness as the Brewzer, but is a bit wider, and the carabiner gate also makes it a bit bulkier to carry on your keyring. On the other hand, the carabiner feature does mean you can detach it more easily than the Brewzer, so it’s both a pro and a con. The bottle opener on the DoohicKey is more efficient than the one on the Brewzer, largely because it is positioned further towards the working end and thus gives more leverage. The flat end of the DoohicKey is so wide (10mm) that it’s pretty much useless as a screwdriver, but does make a good pry bar for prising paint cans open etc. One edge of the pry bar end is tapered down to make a box opener, but the box opener on the Brewzer works better. Sometime or other, I’ll grind a curved notch into the DoohicKey to make this feature work more like the Brewzer. The DoohicKey has two ruler scales, running to 1 3/4” and 40mm – not huge, obviously, but maybe handy for measuring screw lengths. The other feature the DoohicKey has which the Brewzer lacks is a three-position spanner cutout, for 1/4”, 5/16” and 3/8” nuts. Too bad Nite-Ize doesn’t make a metric version – the 1/4” can be used to turn hex bits, but the DoohicKey would be altogether more useful for non-Americans with 6mm, 8mm and 10mm sizes. Finally, the Brewzer’s satin finish is a bit classier than the DoohicKey’s brushed finish in my opinion, but this is really a matter of personal taste.

Overall, if I had to choose one or the other tool, my preference would be for the Brewzer, but the DoohicKey is a worthy contender.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 4 October 2015
A 'Doohickey' is apparently a small piece of kit that you can't quite remember the name or function of, and this is a well made little key-ring tool in black coated stainless steel that you can clip on and forget you are carrying it. Large flat blade that is really too big for any but the largest slot-head screws or machine bolts, but is ideal for digging and levering, and has enough of a bevel on the lower edge that it makes a great parcel tape/box-cutter so you don't have to gum up your favourite penknife with sticky tape residue. The bottle opener is situated close to the front of the tool so you can exert reasonable force with minimal effort. The top edge has an inch scale etched on one side and a cm scale on the other which I suppose may come in handy one day, and the inside of the loop has three (marked) cut outs for dealing with smaller bolts. Easy to clip on and off a keyring, belt loop or pack with the sprung clip, and this is a handy little tool that isn't much bigger than a key itself and is perfectly safe to carry in your pocket. The black coating seems pretty resilient too and hasn't scratched even being kept on a ring with keys
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 27 August 2015
A 'Doohickey' is apparently a small piece of kit that you can't quite remember the name or function of, and this is a well made little key-ring tool in brushed stainless steel that you can clip on and forget you are carrying it. Large flat blade that is really too big for any but the largest slot-head screws or machine bolts, but is ideal for digging and levering, and has enough of a bevel on the lower edge that it makes a great parcel tape/box-cutter so you don't have to gum up your favourite penknife with sticky tape residue. The bottle opener is situated close to the front of the tool so you can exert reasonable force with minimal effort. The top edge has an inch scale etched on one side and a cm scale on the other which I suppose may come in handy one day, and the inside of the loop has three (marked) cut outs for dealing with smaller bolts. Easy to clip on and off a keyring, belt loop or pack with the sprung clip, and this is a handy little tool that isn't much bigger than a key itself and is perfectly safe to carry in your pocket
on 19 October 2014
Had this for a few weeks on my keyring. Flat screw side is what I use more often. Nore that there is a metric measuring on the other side
on 9 February 2016
 This is the single most useful thing you can have on your keys... I'm not sure keys to a bank vault can do better than the DoohicKey!

I bought it a couple of years ago and quickly found that the box opener was by far the most used item on there. It makes light work of tape, paper tape and the paper tape with threads in it that Amazon uses. In the video, you can see just how easy it is to hack your way into a box without damaging the contents.

I've used the end to pry things and unscrew things as well, certainly it works on those screwdriver operated switches you see from time to time. I've used the spanner/wrench bits once, it was good in a pinch.

The bottle opener does work but you might find that you have to pry the cap, turn the bottle 90 degrees, and pry again to get it off. I'll be honest, it doesn't bother me when I do this, it's still quick.

And the clip is great. Even after a year it still in place and works as well as the day I got the DoohicKey. I use it a lot, especially when I want to quickly put my car key on my house keys or ensure that my keys won't go anywhere. Also, this tool does not make your keychain too much bigger because you're using it, when I'm not using it I barely notice it.

Love it.

Pros:
* Incredibly useful for opening boxes especially. I get into Amazon boxes in no time at all and never damage the contents.
* Bottle opener works well
* I really like the clip, that's standing up to the test of time
* Solid metal build, you won't hurt it

Cons:
* None
on 28 October 2014
Combining a carabiner, three hex nut wrenches, a bottle opener, a prybar, a (rather large) flat head screwdriver and a ruler (inches and mm), the Nite Ize Doohickey is a useful little tool. The pry-screwdriver tapers on one side to an edge and point, so it can also be used as a box opener, however, it's not uncomfortably sharp and is no more obtrusive in the pocket than another key. My only complaint might be the painted ruler and hex wrench measurements, which I suspect will very quickly rub off when worn on a keychain.
on 5 June 2014
Very clever and a very handy little tool to keep attached to your bag just incase. I couldn't stand buying a bottle beer on a warm day and not being able to get top off.
on 5 November 2014
If you find opening cardboard boxes gums up your penknife/cutlery you'd be well advised to get one of these - the point is great for splitting tape and doesn't accumulate adhesive. The clip means it attaches securely to a key ring as well. The bottle opener looks effective although I haven't used it. The ruler and the spanner functions don't look that useful (and I haven't used them) but the box cutter function is worth the price alone.
on 5 January 2015
Good little tool. Size and weight of regular set of keys and is attached to my keyring via the carabiner spring lock and is easily attached / detached for usage. As with all my other EDC's I've tested this for both strength and utilities and they all work well - as I expected. The multi tool is light and made of hardened steel and also has a 40mm ruler on the other side which cant be see on the pictures.
on 3 June 2015
nothing bad to report per say, its a nice small bottle opener/pry tool with a pointless ruler on the side that fits easily onto any keychain. Seems well built but it's not going to save your life and the chances are I will forget I have this to hand next time I need to open a bottle.

See one answered question