5.0 out of 5 stars Superb
Really really really thoroughly enjoyed this book. Couldn't put it down. Easy to read , and having worked in a hospital, can relate to the experiences given.
Published 4 months ago by Ms. Alison Roberts

3.0 out of 5 stars A nostalgic light read
Not like it is these days! Enjoyable book.. Spoilt by previously reading Call the Midwife" It brought back memories of my own experiences, so strong on reminiscence.
Published 6 months ago by Christine Matthews

5.0 out of 5 stars The new arrival, 1 May 2014
This review is from: The New Arrival: The Heartwarming True Story of a 1970s Trainee Nurse (Kindle Edition)
Excellent book looking forward to reading next two books can I download them on to my I pad please let me know

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully written, 29 April 2014
This review is from: The New Arrival (Paperback)
I bought this book after thoroughly enjoying the Call the Midwife TV series. After joining discussions with the author about the book I could not wait to get stuck into it and rightly so. It is a truly heartwarming book that I really struggled to ever put down! I have already recommended to a number of people and will continue to do so.
Thank you for sharing your brilliant story, I can't wait to read more from you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved The New Arrival, 16 April 2014
This review is from: The New Arrival (Paperback)
I was so looking forward to read this book since it arrived on publishing day 27th March. But with two little ones a day to read it in one go was just not going to happen. I had to read in bits, one chapter while the big one is in nursery and the wee one napping, one chapter when hubby was back from work, etc. But I felt this is too good to just crumble up so yesterday I scattered a full toybox contents on the dining room floor for the little one to entertain herself then gave a 1000 sticker book to my son and actually encouraged him to "decorate" the whole dining room... And I could finally finish The New Arrival in peace and all I can say is I want more of Sarah's stories! Beautifully written, entertaining and yes, heartwarming. Deserves a special place on the bookshelves!

5.0 out of 5 stars The new arrival, 12 April 2014
I am still reading, I find it interesting as it tells you how the NHs was in the 60's, the politics of that time, and what nurses went through. For me just change the date to now and you would see what is going on now in NHs hospitals.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read, 11 April 2014
This review is from: The New Arrival (Paperback)
I have been looking forward to reading this book. As soon as I started I felt hooked by the story. It is a fantastic heart warming story that follows Sarah through her nurse training. I would recommend this to anyone, especially if you loved call the midwife

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book !, 10 April 2014
This review is from: The New Arrival (Paperback)
Read it quickly, could not put it down, interesting perspective including women's rights in the late 60's and early 70's, the early days of the NHS, and nursing in London. I really enjoyed it and would recommend it to others, especially if you are a nurse and have maybe trained or worked in London.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb., 9 April 2014
I ordered this in ebook format, so obviously I received it immediately. I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish and really wanted to know what would happen next for Sarah, Maddox and Wade etc. I was a student nurse in the mid 90s and so was very interested in finding out about all the similarities / differences in the 25 year gap between Sarah's experiences and my own.
The New Arrival is beautifully written and had me absorbed from the outset, I only sincerely hope that there will be a swiftly followed sequel so that I can indulge once again.
Oh and as a final note, I really liked the photographs at the end of the book showing many of the characters from the story. For those who have bought the paperback they may have known that the photos were there but as this was an ebook for me, they came as a very pleasant surprise.

5.0 out of 5 stars fascinating, 5 April 2014
Lisa (Redruth, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Something I considered, nursing, but never did. Interesting to read and was caught up in the period of time covered in the book and would like to know what happened to 'Nurse Hill' during and after her health visitor training

5.0 out of 5 stars Took me back to life as a student nurse!, 5 April 2014
I ordered this as I also did part of my nurse training in East London, although in the late 80's. So many of Sarah's memories remind me of my time as a student nurse, and the description of the milk kitchen took me straight back there! Those were the days when ward sisters and matrons ran the hospital and were feared, and mostly respected by staff, patients and parents alike. How things have changed! I read the book in 3 days!! I would recommend this to anyone....and I think current student nurses would find it particularly fascinating. Looking forward to the next instalment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia _ a joyful experience, 4 April 2014
A wonderful read full of character and Sarah has remained true to the times. As she recounts her training experiences. No maudlin eulogies or far fetched patient accounts just an honest entertaining real life account which is a pleasure to read and a sadness to finish.