on 3 July 2014
I got this book because I thoroughly enjoyed the first book.
The story and characters are still great, but I didn't seem to be as hooked to this one as I was the first....

I find the character 'Sophie' amusing, and I like the untraditional happy ending plot.

Either way, it was still a good read.
on 7 May 2014
My daughter loves this book as much as the first (10yrs). She says it is one of the best books she has ever read. I was only disappointed that the new copy I recieved was a total mess. It appeared the blade cut the end of the hard back was blunt as it is totally a mess and destroys the overall look of the book.
on 19 May 2014
This is the BEST book i have ever read (i have read a lot!) Soman Chainani is an AMAZING author he has such a great imagination. I was so involved in the story i read it night and day. I just can't describe him and the book in any other words than AMAZING BRILLIANT ENGROSSING i would reccomend everyone read all his books and even adults should. It is just such an amazing book!!!!!!!
on 26 September 2015
This is the second book in the series and just like the first one it is fast paced, interesting and well written. Am currently reading the third book and it just as good. Could someone please make these books into a film?!
on 27 March 2015
This book is realy amazing. I devoured it in two days; yes, it was that good! I would really recommend it!

Agatha and Sophie are sucked back into the school for good and evil, but everything has changed. Boys and girls are now enemies. Agatha has two possible endings planned for her: Sophie or Tedros. But who does she end up with? And does Sophie turn evil again? Read this book to find out!

review by advancedreader
on 1 March 2016
This book is so x1,000,000,000,000,000 amazing that I don't know where to start!

After I had read about a quarter of this book I was literally shaking because I wanted Agatha and Tedros to be together, so when Sophie set them against each other it immediately set me against her (although once finishing The Last Ever After I did like her).

This misunderstanding made them think that they tried to kill each other, and Tedros then starts to doubt Agatha, but she loves him throughout this book as well as the third. Tedros then puts a death sentence on her and Sophie because he thinks that he was plotting against him. Tedros used to be school master, but when the teachers are released he is imprisoned and Prof. Manley takes over. Meanwhile, Sophie is sneaking into the school for boys disguised as a boy called Filip...

She ends up in the same room as Tedros and he thinks that she is his best friend but actually she is secretly trying to tear Agatha and Tedros even further away from love. Unfortunatly for her, Agatha realises this in a girl vs boy trial and it brings her closer to Tedros. Tedros then realises the mistake he gas made and that brings him closer to Agatha as well!

At the end Agatha must choose between Tedros and Sophie... she chooses TEDROS! (Romantic kiss)

Unfortunatly Evelyn Sader gives Sophie a second chance at her fairy tale and Sophie is tricked into bringing the school master back an restoring him to youth! This closes their fairy tale and whisks Agatha and Tedros back to Gavalon, but their story is yet to be retold...
on 29 November 2015
Bought this book and the third one for my sister on her birthday. She read it with in one day. Said she find it very interesting and easy to read and that she can't wait to read the next one. So happy she enjoyed it.
on 27 August 2014
I loved this book, but it made me cry at the end. If there isn't a third book then it is a rubbish ending, but if there is then I suppose it's just a nice cliffhanger. I did find myself sort of rooting for Sophie rather than Agatha, which I'm not sure is intended by Soman Chainani, but hey well, I still enjoyed it. There is some brilliant, almost sisterly banter between Sophie and Agatha, which only makes it all the more cruel at the end:'(
Still an excellent book well worth buying!!
on 16 February 2015
This books was a wonderful book and it was quite exciting when it had the little twister at the end. My two daughters love this so I would recommend this to anyone who likes fantasy stories. But I have got to say that my children say it's better than the first school of good and evil.😁
on 29 May 2014
I love this book! I think I prefer this book to the first one. In the first book, Sophie was irritating and I liked Agatha more. But in this book Sophie was one of my fav characters ( I loved when her shoe got caught in the bridge - lol!) and I thought Agatha was mean at the end - she could at least have given Sophie a happier ending. Still, at least she got a true love. I really liked the Dean mystery sub-plot which made the story better than the first - the school for girls sounds better than the school for good and evil, BTW. I also really liked Anadil, Hester and Dot and I was confused on why you'd wish for (meanie) Tedros who's boring as well as a killer. Just sayin'.
I hope they make a third book with, I don't know, erm, Sophie and Agatha's kids. Btw... I'd hate to marry the School Master!!
By Estelle aged 12 :)