4.0 out of 5 stars A Lamb To The Slaughter (P&R 11)
Having read all of the P&R series, enjoyed and recommended them, I feel that books 9-11 have been a let down compared to the earlier books in the series. I like the humour of the characters in amongst the crimes, but it's as if Tim Ellis is trying to cram too many stories in to a book, that it's getting too drawn out and confusing.
Published 5 months ago by Liverbird5

3.0 out of 5 stars Nearly the end I think.
Published 8 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Nearly the end I think., 28 Nov 2013
This review is from: A Lamb to the Slaughter (Parish & Richards 11) (Kindle Edition)
I agree with John Grant in that it was one book split into two. After book 10 I felt he had left too many p(l)ots on the stove and I registered this opinion after book 120. My comments were not appreciated by all people. Now I know why 10 was left with so many unanswered questions. My opinion after this book is very similar to Mr M C Haywood. Overall I enjoyed the book but it only offered originality in the area of even more wicked sadism. Personally I dont like the depth of his descriptions but I do understand that with some people it will sell books. The P and R banter has become a bit predictable now and as for believeabliity, I dont think that it is an issue really. There are bits of it based on possible fact and clearly he either has good inside knowlege of policing or government security, or he has one heck of an imagination. Kind of a disturbing imagination maybe.
Any way all of it real, No I dont think so.
I will probably read the next one if there is a next, but I am not sure why.
Think Kerry Wilkinson's DS Jessica Daniel series is much better both in plots and writing.

3.0 out of 5 stars I feel that I have just been ripped off, 20 Oct 2013
I have always enjoyed these books but will not be buying another one, Parish & Richards 10 and 11 is one book, all that appears to have happened is that it has been split into two so that we can be charged more. I feel you are just taking us for idiots.

2.0 out of 5 stars unfortunately rubbish, 18 Dec 2013
tried to read and finish this having enjoyed alot of the others but was really poorly written, totally improbable and was assigned to rubbish bin half way through

4.0 out of 5 stars A Lamb To The Slaughter (P&R 11), 11 Feb 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 30 Oct 2013
I have read many of tim ellis,but don't think will be buying any more what a let down, tried to get into this book and sorry cannot finish it cant remember what chapter I have got to that is how good the book is.complete waste of money.What a shame couldn't give it any more stars

3.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating., 28 Oct 2013
I thought I'd have another try at reading one of these books as I had given it up earlier in the series.
I thought the author had some really good plots which were ruined by pages & pages of inane, unnecessary banter between characters. I also hoped he would have stopped depicting Richards as a competent detective one minute & a petulant child the next.
Sadly he has continued in this vein so I won't be reading another Parish & Richards book.
Maybe I'll be considered a "numpty" (a much overused word in this book) by some, but that's a risk I'll have to take.

4.0 out of 5 stars Book 11, 19 Oct 2013
Book 11 in the Parish and Richards series.

As always i enjoy the banter between Parish and Richards. And between Xena and Stick, you get the feeling with these 2 sets of partners that they just couldn't manage without each other.
We are also lucky with these books that Tim writes them pretty quickly, because at the end of each one, i always want to read the next one.
So glad i was introduced to the these books, and look forward to reading many more.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant yet again, 30 Sep 2013
P. Field "Navy Detective" (Middlesbrough, Cleveland) - See all my reviews
Another brilliant read from the lives of Parish and Richards and their colleagues....well done Tim now get cracking on the next episode...ha ha

2.0 out of 5 stars getting ridiculous, 20 Oct 2013
these stories are becoming very far fetched. bizzare ending. I think this series should now come to an end. I have enjoyed them but the last two books have just run out of steam

5.0 out of 5 stars P&R 11, 4 Oct 2013
Tim Ellis. P&R 11
A Lamb to the Slaughter
Parish&Richards continue to thrill us in this latest edition, to an excellent series. Yet again the stories keep you riveted to the end. The humour between all the characters is yet again superb.
The fact that there are always at least 3 cases going on at the same time means the story goes a long at a fair pace. I am looking forward to the next in the series.
5 stars. 04 October 2013