on 11 April 2014
The product said it was MFI Apple Approved but upon trying to use it, it wouldn't work. The message on the screen said 'This accessory may not be supported' and immediately stopped charging. After several attempts I returned the product disappointed.
on 28 February 2015
Had a mophie and it broke, I have a couple of Anker products and have always been happy so I thought I would try it out for my phone. Prefer this now to mophie, mophie gets real warm charging and this does not, snug fit around side so not as fat as it used to be but the best thing is the charging. One button charging. Press the button and it starts charging, when it reaches 100% is auto shuts off the charger. It means I retain power for more charging later. I travel a lot and this ticks my box. Would not swap it now and would buy another. Price does help but I would have paid much more for the other make and it's just another plus for me!
on 17 December 2013
Just received my Anker battery case for iPhone 5/5S. Having a good experience with the Anker battery backup I purchased earlier, i decided this would be great as soon as I saw it announced.

Right out of the box, it started to impress. There are two outer bumpers supplied, smoke or clear, plus the battery back and micro USB charging/sync cable. The first thing I noticed was how lightweight it is; I even checked inside the box to see if there was a separate battery. The profile is so slim it is surprising they built a lithium battery into it. There was no problem with installation, I didn't bother with instructions. You just slide your iPhone into the battery back and onto the Apple Lightning connector, then snap on the outer ring shell. The precision fit is perfectly integrated into the design of the phone. It adds about a quarter inch in length at the bottom and is barely thicker than the regular case I had on previously. There are two speaker ports at the bottom allowing sound to come through, slightly changing the tone, but not in a bad way. Activating the power to add charge to the phone is accomplished by pressing the button on the back for three seconds. Tiny LEDs show how much charge remains. The familiar iPhone beep sounds and the charging icon appears in the top corner of your screen, just as if you plugged into an outlet. I can go from 33% to a full charge while the LED charge indicator on the battery case remains nearly full. This is perfect for travel or long work days when I don't have time to think about plugging into a wall, car charger or external backup battery. It's also one less accessory to carry or hunt for when needed, exactly what I wanted. This is suited for heavy power users of apps, maps, videos or games, to keep us going without interruption all day long.

The supplied micro USB cable syncs and charges the phone. This means you no longer need to use a Lightning cable, just the generic micro USB cord also used by other smartphones phones and devices. Replacement or spares cost only a couple of pounds compared to buying another expensive Lightning cable.
on 27 March 2014
I rarely recommend products unless they perform particularly well. And I must say, having purchased these types of products before, I have always been letdown by poor design, sheer bulk and lack of performance. Not so with this great add on.

Well designed, It's simple to mount and dismount and I only use it when I need a charge on the go. The rest of the time it's left in my briefcase ready for the occasion I overrun on the phone, 3G mail or Facebook.

It arrived about 3 weeks ago and has been used as a backup supply around 10 times. It charges my iPhone5 Quickly and acts as an excellent speaker too. A full charge will take my phone battery to 100% and have some left over too. It's enough to get thru a weekend without a power cable.

Charging the product takes allot longer than the iPhone battery, so you'll need to leave it on charge overnight. If connected to your iPhone you needn't worry as it avoids continually charging once your phone is topped unto 100%. You'll be using a micro usb connector but you can still use your iPhone usb charger (for supply). I really think this item is great. It works and have recommended to friends, family and business associates too.

It could be lighter, and probably will be as battery technology develops. But for the here and now, It's great gadget to have in your bag, briefcase, rucksack or weekend case. Well done Anker.
on 19 December 2013
If you're a heavy iPhone user like I am, you'll know that the battery can go down quick, and you constantly find yourself looking for a plug to charge your phone! I already own the Anker Astro3E 10000mAh battery pack, but you don't always want to be carry an extra battery pack around with you, and its useless if you forget to take the USB cable (I've done that more than once!)

In the box, you receive the battery case, with two bumpers, dark grey and clear, a micro USB cable, and an extension for the headphone jack.

It was very easy to install, slipping the iPhone into the lightning adaptor, and then you snap on the outer case. It is very easy to remove too.

Once on, it obviously adds a little weight, and size, but it doesn't feel overly bulky, or uncomfortable to hold. My only issue was that it is a little harder to get to the lock button, it would have been better if there was a raised button on the case.

It took a couple of hours to charge, and you activate the battery by pressing a button on the back. Once my iPhone reached 100% the battery switched itself off, so no power was wasted.

I was able to get a full charge and a half from the case, so if you're going to be out all day this case is ideal.

I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation, and I promise that my review is fair and honest.
on 14 April 2014
Firstly, the case fitting and removal is simple, straight forward and feels secure. With the case on it actually gives a little more grip and a slightly better feel in the hand in my opinion. Charging of the phone from the case is fast and efficient, currently I'm getting a few charges out of the case if it goes uncharged. If you charge the phone every night anyway, the case will also charge so you're never out of power. Impressive accessory for an great price.
on 11 June 2014
Pleased enough with this. Anger make good products and this does everything it should. Bought my son a Mophie for his S3 and probably wish I had spent the extra on one for my iPhone. The Anker, especially round the edge just lacks that bit of quality. It's well enough made, fits well etc. but the mophie is a joy to use, hold, look at. It is nearly double the price though, and in terms of value for money, I have no complaints.
on 21 July 2014
When I first received this it seemed to work fine, but after a couple of uses it now keeps saying the product is not supported as an officially approved device then stops working leaving me without any battery! Might be worth paying a bit extra next time or buying a separate portable charger.
on 3 July 2014
Well worth the extra money. I bought a previous device that promised so much and delivered very little. I returned it and plumped for this one. No complaints and works very well. One little issue is that the USB lead doesn't charge the pack or phone in my car. Cant have everything I suppose.
on 24 June 2014
Bought this after a flat battery left me stranded at a train station.
Very well designed as far as looks are concerned and functions well. Three minor concerns. 1) the retaining surround is a bit flimsy when off the iphone and I fear it could get broken when not in use. That said when in place it is rock solid.2) it can be a bit difficult to remove the phone from the assembly when needed.3) lastly it comes with a short extension earphone cable to go through the case and plug into the iphone. This is not very elegant and I fear easy to loose. However saying that I'm very happy that I have a reliable and good looking battery pack for my iphone.