Bangerz [Explicit]
Format: MP3 DownloadChange
Price:£4.99

on 19 October 2013
There isn't really a cohesive sound on this album but I like that, because I don't mind variety on pop albums. There are pop songs, hiphop, ballads, country and they all fit perfectly with each other. The album is called "Bangerz" because every song could be a single and I agree with that. Therefore, I will make a review of each song with my own opinions:

1. Adore You (9/10): This is a slow ballad that shows off Miley's strong vocals. I won't be surprised if this song will be popular at weddings because it's a really cute love song.

2. We Can't Stop (8/10): I don't think I need to explain this one. It was a good song for a first choice single - however, it's not in my top 3 of the best songs on the album.

3. SMS (Bangerz) feat. Britney Spears (7/10): You would think that the collaboration between the Pop Queen and the Pop Princess would be the best song of the album, but it isn't. It's not remarkable even though Miley's and Britney's voices are great together. It's like the song is unfinished and like it misses something. However, it's a good song for workouts.

4. 4×4 feat. Nelly (7/10): This is a fun country track that celebrates Miley's Southern roots. It's like a more adult version of her Hannah Montana hit "Hoedown Throwdown".

5. My Darlin' feat. Future (8/10): This one had to grow on me, but I really love it now; it's a pretty love song.

6. Wrecking Ball (9/10): Miley's first #1 on Billboard - very well-deserved.

7. Love, Money, Party feat. Big Sean (7/10): Another fun song with silly lyrics. It's descent for workout but not a single choice.

8. #GETITRIGHT (10/10): This song is produced by Pharrell and you can recognize him on his unique beats; this one has a scratchy funk guitar with an amazing sound that won't leave your head. The lyrics are sexy and gives Miley a bad-girl braggadocio.

9. Drive (10/10): Another great ballad on the album. This is one of the songs that give you a picture of Miley's and former fiancé Liam Hemsworth's relationship because this song was written by Miley while she was working during Valentine's Day. You can tell that it was an emotionally hard time. The second verse in Drive is one of the best parts on the entire album.

10. FU feat. French Montana (10/10): Miley is mad in this song, really mad. There's almost a musical style in her voice when she drags her ex boyfriend for cheating and lying about it. After my first listen of the album, this one instantly became my favorite.

11. Do My Thang (8/10): Miley raps in this song and actually, she's not bad at it.

12. Maybe You're Right (9/10): Another song about Miley's former engagement. This is a really strong song, but the lyrics are heartbreaking at the same time. I will just leave a part of the lyrics here: "Yeah, I'm real emotional, blame it on your mental jokes, how much did you think that I could take? So much for taking this too far, you can't blame me for who I am. It's too late for us to try to be in love right now".

13. Someone Else (9/10): Also a song about love and breakup. "If you're looking for love, know that love don't live here anymore, he left with my heart, they both walked through that door, without me". Anyone who has been heartbroken can probably relate to the lyrics and the feeling of being 'someone else'. I like how the lyrics are strong but the beat is upbeat.

Deluxe version

14. Rooting For My Baby (10/10): This ballad could easily have made the standard album. It's about Miley rooting for her boyfriend and trying to understand his anger and mood swings. There's a really tragic feel to this song because you understand how much she wants the 'happily ever after' that she sings about (and the song was written by Miley and Pharrell while Miley was engaged) but at the same time you get really sad about their former relationship. "When you wake in the morning, and I can tell it's not your best side: no good morning, good day. I stay to the right if I know you're mad, and nonetheless, I stay out of your way".

15. On My Own (10/10): One of the best songs on the album and I don't understand how it didn't make the standard version as it could've easily be a hit single. The beat reminds me of a Michael Jackson song, Miley's voice sounds strong and it's just really good.

16. Hands in the Air feat. Ludacris (8/10): I haven't listened to this song that much (because I always go back to the other songs), but it's still decent and makes for a good song on the deluxe album! I would've expected a upbeat song because of the title but it's not.

I love how Miley has been involved with both writing the lyrics and producing the songs because it makes the album really authentic. She did an amazing job and I really adore this album.
on 16 April 2014
I love this album, excellent set of songs, a real mixture.

If you like Miley you'll like this album !
on 27 April 2014
I absolutely love this cd , at first when i listened to this is was not sure , but really has grown up me
on 20 December 2014
I purchased Bangerz by Miley Cyrus on November 6, 2014 and was pleasantly surprised by how good this cd is. Yes, the radio favorites of Wrecking Ball and Adore make Bangerz musically strong. However, I also enjoyed Love Money Party feat. Big Sean and Do My Thing because they capture a music vibe of jolly songs that send the message of seeing the best that life has to offer. Banngerz by Miley Cyris is fine for those who are open-minded to the idea of hearing a fusion of pop and dance beats.
on 6 December 2013
The first thing that hits you about this album is unfortunately the autotune, which is a shame but as it is a pop album we can let that slide and anyway it does suit the feel of the first song quite well and is nowhere near as blatant through most of the album, for the most part a measure of subtlety is observed. Still ignoring all of that there are some really good songs on here that you wouldn't be averse to dancing to in a club or in your front room or whatever. The flipside is that there are a few dire filler tracks but happily the ratio is in favour of the hit.

The songs featuring other artists are particularly strong and add a good amount of variety to the album bringing some nicely interesting sounds to the table.

It's all good fun if you don't take it too seriously and the songs are light and bouncy enough for everyone to enjoy, so all in all it's a good pop album with some really good tracks on it. The album is not going to engage you for very long, it's too disposable for that but in the short term it's well worth a shot.
on 6 July 2014
Really great soundtrack, has a mixture of different beats and songs which i like about this album, some albums singers release normally put tracks on there albums that sound the same, but Miley Cyrus has done a fantastic job on this album really like the songs! highly suggest for any Miley fan or if you just want to listen to something different for a change.
on 7 July 2014
I do enjoy miley cyrus she has a lovely voice miley doesent need to show of her body to sell her music her voice is enough
on 12 July 2015
Some people think that Miley Cyrus's image change is a good thing and I actually agree with this but she has taken the whole thing into boundaries that she should not, like the fact she has been abusive and threating to other singers over petty matters also revealing a contempt for people with mental health issues as a way at getting back at someone else. This is completing appalling and unreasonable and that is no example for young people around the world who could be listening to her music and being influenced by her attitude.

As for the her main single "we can't stop" the lyric "don't take nothing from nobody" has clearly been taken too far by Cyrus herself as she has gone from lovely pop princess to a vile bully who doesn't seem to give a damn about anything but her own image which she has tarnished by going too far.
on 21 October 2013
I have loved ever Miley Cyrus album that has been released but Bangerz is by far my favorite album from her and was probably my favorite album of 2013. There isn't a single track on this album that I don't love, that I needed time to get used to and each song has been played multiple times, I've owned this album for 6 months now and I still have it on a constant loop. It has her best tracks to date, especially the ballads like Drive, Wrecking Ball and Adore You. I really can't wait for the next album but I am not yet bored of Bangerz so I can wait for a while. If you don't own this album then I highly recommend you buy it, I know she has put a few people off with her image and live performances but the album really is brilliant.

5 Favorites: We Can't Stop, SMS (Bangerz), Drive, Maybe Your Right, Someone Else
on 8 June 2014
Surprised I like this cd. I find she has a very strong voice so doesn't need the bad press she gets for herself. As long as she sorts herself out I think we have a great star to be.