Published 7 months ago by K. Foster

1.0 out of 5 stars FULL OF ERRORS
THIS I GOT FROM QUEENZONE FOR THE LOT BOX SET

Disc Errors:
1.) Track index marker error on track 9 of Shove It.
2.) Pressure On (Electric Fire): wrong mix. No 2nd voice for half of the first chorus. (01:58 - 02:07)
3.) Wrong running order of FOE bonus tracks: "Whole House Rockin'" plays first, "Dear Mr. Murdoch" comes second.
4.) There are...
Published 8 months ago by KEEF

5.0 out of 5 stars 1st Issue errors fixed - Comprehensive and lavish - remasters are the best I've ever heard !, 21 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Lot (Audio CD)
Now the issues have been fixed - And this is a remarkable box set. It has been remastered and sounds so clear - Everything is just better - not louder - clearer and more powerful - The early singles that have only been available on vinyl sound particularly clear and strong - I wanna testify is such a great song, and now it rocks like it was recorded yesterday - Fantastic.
Now the issues are solved - enjoy the music - It's'all'gooooood !

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to finally have these great songs available again, 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Lot (Audio CD)
I'm reviewing the re-issued 2nd pressing as the many problems with the first release are well documented. I would recommend sending review samples out to a few fans next time before the official release.

Although I managed to track down most of Roger's solo albums over the years this set finally brings the single B-sides and hard to find Cross albums back to the market. Lets face it in these days with digital distribution there is really no excuse for not making tracks available to the fans and then complaining when people go looking for bootlegs to hear these things.

The remastering seems much better than the mid- 1990's reissues and details in old favourite tracks pop out - rather like the remastering on the Queen 40th album reissues. The Book is of good quality with the key details and along with having a DVD makes the package worth the premium over the download only option.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pricing is all over the shop, 1 Jan 2014
Mark Bird (Berkshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Lot (Audio CD)
I am working my way through the music, so will not comment on that yet but have to question the pricing on Amazon. I was lucky enough to order a copy of the 'corrected set' on Dec 10th directly from Amazon for 88.81 - it was despatched on 17th Dec and arrived promptly.
Amazon now has same set on sale for an incredible 140, whereas Queen online says in stock for 100 and my local record store (Rock Box, Camberley) offers it for 96.
Is this variation driven by supply and demand? My advice - shop around. A must have for RT fans though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Collection, 25 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Lot (Audio CD)
I'm a 52 year old Queen fan preferring Roger Taylor's solo/group stuff to that of the other members-terrific underrated voice and songs. Have bought most of his issues when they were released and can't believe my luck that he's actually released a collection like this. The sound quality I think is brilliant-not sure if they have all been remastered but to my aging ears much cleaner than the original issues-particularly The Cross albums. Have read the slating reviews and perhaps to a "professional" Queen fan there are disappointments but to my amateurish interest I'm more than happy with having every album again in one collection together with all the singles, b sides and extended versions that I never thought would be issued in this form. The DVD is also great with most tracks very rarely seen unless trawling through the internet.
I wasn't sure whether it was worth five stars. but there is always more presumably available-would have been nice to have a complete Cross or Roger Taylor concert either audio or visual or ideally both and perhaps a few more photos or dialogue in the booklet. In the end I would never be completely satisfied because more is always wanted so five stars it got.
I have only listened to the new album Fun on Earth a couple of times and whilst not amazing at the first couple of listens I am sure it will grow on me. A lot of the songs have been around for a bit in one form or another and many seem to end too quickly!! All in all a brilliant addition to my collection that I will lovingly cherish and listen to for many years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Lot (Audio CD)
as a Roger Taylor fan, very impressed with "The Lot", Worth the wait and money, certainly recommend buying it. As a collector I was still missing the DVD's of Roger and "The Cross" glad everything was put together on this set. "BUY IT TODAY!" you wont be dissapointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars I personally think it's great, 27 May 2014
Mr. M. N. Kelly "martinnkelly" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Lot (Audio CD)
It's been a while since I have listened to this, having spent most of January and February going through the 13 discs here. I remember enjoying Fun on Earth and Strange Frontier very well - where has Man On Fire been all my life? Once you get past the DVD juddering in the EPKs, and take into account that the original footage tapes could not be located, I enjoyed it. From all the feedback from all the haters, I was really scared to open this. But boy, 79 pounds worth spent on my own Christmas present. Time for Mr May's boxed set maybe?

4.0 out of 5 stars very good but worth controversial, 9 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Lot (Audio CD)
many typographical errors and song problems as known

but for roger taylor fans, it's still wonderful box set!

especially for those who couldn't get he's former solo work albums!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is amazing value, 24 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Lot [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
This is a collection of Rogers work as a solo artist and also his time in the cross, there are some brilliant tracks and some rarities, do yourselves a favour and buy it NOW

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant waste of money for me., 17 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Lot (Audio CD)
I love pretty much everything Queen related, Roger is my favorite, especially his stuff with The Cross (yes they do have their fans, and not all of them live in Germany). Having tracked down and collected all his solo stuff over the years this was a collosal waste of money for me, there were basically two or three tracks on here that I didn't have already, and one of them didn't even feature Roger on vocals! Still, a really nice collection that I just couldn't bare to be without. Goes well with the massive Freddie Mercury solo collection from a few years back (about twice as big as Roger's collection, and rightfully so I guess). The only thing missing now is a similar package for Brian May's solo work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best of the Queen solo projects, 12 Nov 2013
Mr (BIRMINGHAM, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Lot [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
Ok, so there's some printing errors. Concentrate on the music!

Roger always made the best solo albums out of the guys in Queen, he had better songs and his own sound (rather than sounding like Queen-lite).

"Shove It" and "Strange Frontier" are both better albums than anything Queen did in the 80's, there are some hidden gems on the rarity discs including "Two Sharp Pencils" and "In Charge of My Heart" (which sounds like a different version of "Stealin" which was a Queen b-side), and it's great to finally have "Manipulator" on CD/MP3. On the new album, "Up" is the standout track.

It's an exhaustive set and pretty generous given how hard it was previously to track down a lot of this stuff. Hats off to the man.

The Lot
The Lot by Roger Taylor (Audio CD - 2013)