on 12 August 2015
Another great story in this series that had me (mis)guessing all the way through ! I've only knocked off a star because it had some nitpicking mistakes which, as she's requested I've forwarded direct to the author. They irritated me more this time since I paid for this one by her. However, I'll stick with this series as I do enjoy it.
I really liked her dedication at the start of this book. It was "different" but effective.
One thing I emailed her but will mention it here too as it had me baffled-"He failed to notice the corn circling around the outside".....I would guess it's probably an Americanism but perhaps somebody reading this can enlighten me ?
Twice I pretty much gasped aloud at a couple of scenes that really surprised me and there were some funny lines in it as well along with the serious business of mystery and murderation, of course !
I look forward to reading the next one some time.
on 22 November 2014
I have just read this book as part of the Deadly Dozen 2 collection. I was completely engrossed with it and read the whole book at one go. The characters are very believable and the action is swift and to the point, including the heroine managing her love life without too much over the top padding. I had never heard of this author before but I have now and will be buying the others in the series. Book one is free.
on 18 August 2015
This was one of those stories where you could guess where it was going ... but then it went somewhere totally different! Exciting to the end, with a twist I didn't see coming! Would recommend, and look forward to reading others in this series.
on 19 October 2015
Unfortunately I just couldn't get into this book - it was my first in the Sloane Monroe books. The main half of the book was really about the main character and not on the case itself, and by the time it may have gotten going I had already gone. I started flicking through at 54% left in book (Kindle) and left at 74% - I really don't like not finishing a book, but I was no longer interested. Not sure if it was just my frame of mind at the time of reading or what exactly, but I did not find the character and the 'I knew, but didn't really want to know my man was a Mafia Boss' scenario interesting, but the second love interest felt more real - it maybe that this is not a standalone book and I needed to start at Book 1. If you like the personal development of the character first and the crime second so that you can feel in-tune with the main character this would be for you - it just didn't work for me.
on 11 October 2013
Another Sloane Monroe story that readers will have a problem putting down.

I believe Bed of Bones is Ms. Bradshaw's best novel to date. It starts off when a bomb explodes in a tiny theatre at the Sundance Film Festival. Not something Sloane would usually investigate I suspect had her boyfriend not been involved in the blast.

The town holds a dirty secret, which the film being shown at the theatre was about to reveal. Women start to go missing, including the producer and other people connected with the film.

Sloane has to find out who the bomber is but at what cost to her personal life?

An intricately woven mystery that'll have you turning the pages faster than a force ten gale.
on 8 February 2015
love this series of books, more please!!
on 7 January 2014
Very good read. Well up to the usual Sloane Monroe standard as she investigates a historic serial killing which starts all over again many years later
on 17 February 2014
Really enjoyed reading bed of bones and can't wait to see if their are more books in this series,Cheryl Bradshaw is an excellent writer
on 10 January 2015
Fabulous read. on book 6 now. Love the characters. Can't put my kindle down. Well done to Cheryl excellent reading
on 20 August 2014
Loving this storyline and the plot is woven. Quick easy read but not lacking in plot. Overall a great read