Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.49

VINE VOICEon 16 October 2013
I had Lissie's first album on heavy rotation in my car, in fact it became one of those albums that sticks in your memory and takes you back to a certain place and time with every listen. This is well on the way to performing the same trick. A wonderful collection of songs, brilliantly performed. As I say in my title, this is the kind of album that used to be on my player all the time; one filled with quality performances, brilliant musicianship and interesting arrangements. It's becoming a bit of a cliche to draw Fleetwood Mac comparisons, but I can't think of a better one and since I'm a massive fan of them I see that as another reason to listen and listen. Massively recommended.
on 2 March 2014
Came across this lass from a Classic Rock revue. I have to say I'm very impressed with this album. I thought she'd be a bit poppie but this is a grown up album. Her voice is lovely, at times she sounds like Stevie Nicks but this is no copycat Lissie is her own girl, the songs are strong and lyrical, I recommend this album, if you're not sure go on You tube and listen to the vids 4 of these songs are on. Also great covers like Metalica's Nothing else matters. Her mate Ellie Goulding gets all the awards, Lissie is as good if not better, yeh she's that good.
on 25 November 2013
excellent album, great voice, songs that get better the more you listen, downloaded the free tracks on my kindle fire and they were so good I purchased the album. well worth a listen
on 19 November 2013
Having heard 'Further Away' on the radio I was tempted to buy the CD and have NOT been disappointed. It is upbeat and rocky with, I would say, the flavours of Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Nicks and a touch of Alanis Morisette and maybe Heart for those of you old enough to remember. All the tracks are great!
on 20 October 2013
I loved about half the tracks on 'Catching A Tiger', some of the others less so, particularly those when Lissie seemed to be pointed in a candy-floss pop direction.

This album is more grown-up -- some really gutsy vocal performances and, more importantly, songs that hold the attention with inventive, melodic twists.

And luxuriate in the harmonies, extended guitar solos, anthemic choruses -- it's almost like driving along the Pacific on Highway 1.
on 29 October 2013
This is a great album with a slight country feel (don't be put off by this)...... Lissie has, in my opinion a very Stevie Nicks-esque voice which is so distinctive and enjoyable to listen to. Her lyrics are smashing and overall this is a superb album.
on 7 January 2014
I adore her first album, one of the best debuts in the last ten years for me. But this dances circles around it, it's incredible. Worth getting the deluxe version for the song What's it like. Pretty much every song is five star for me, got it three days ago and I can't see me putting this back on the shelf for a few years yet since her first one is still in heavy rotation for me.

I worried that after such a strong debut this would fall short but I couldn't be more wrong. It makes her first album look like a weak effort which as any fans of Lissie know, it certainly wasn't. A must for every collection. You won't be sorry!
on 25 November 2013
From start to finish a real great listen the girls got talent and deserves to be lauded! Only album I've felt compelled to actually rate this year.
on 22 June 2014
If you already have Lissie's previous album or any of her songs then you will love this! Great voice! Love her!
on 21 March 2015
Brilliant album. My only gripe is that the vinyl version doesn't carry the stripped down versions (found on the deluxe cd). The mp3 versions of those are sublime, I can't imagine what they'd sound like on vinyl.

Edit: Disappointed with seller "all your music" as my album arrived warped. I got lucky, didn't seem to affect the sound too much, so not claiming a refund or asking for a new one.