Format: Audio CD|Change

on 5 January 2014
THIS CD IS INCREDIBLE,NEARLY ALL THE SONGS ARE BRILLIANT.JAMES ARTHURS VOCALS ARE MAGICALLY CAPTIVATING.I AM A HEAVY ROCK FAN AND I DO NOT USUALLY LIKE CHART MUSIC.BUT THIS IS THE EXCEPTION TO THE RULE.TOTAL RESPECT FOR A FELLOW YORKSHIRE LAD.WELL DONE,JAMES.
on 10 December 2013
i just love his voice it is so full of emotion. best album in years. would give him more stars if I could.
on 29 December 2013
I've been watching X Factor since it first started and although I've liked other winners/contestants in the past, this is the first time I've actually wanted to hear more. I love James Arthur's voice and he's welcome round my house anytime, whether he sings to me or not. There are a lot of musicians and celebrities out there that have done far worse things than have arguments on Twitter and as to derogatory statements in songs, don't even get me started on rap stars.
Anyway, as to the album itself, I've not been disappointed ( although I wish his version of "I'm Sexy And I Know It" had been included - I can hear Elvis in there. Is James Arthur an Elvis fan?)
I bought the MP3 version. It went straight to my Amazon Cloud Player no problem and is now also on my Windows Media Player. All in all, I'm glad I bought it.
on 8 January 2014
Am no music expert so cannot give a technical review but will just say I love his voice and the variety of tracks shows it at its best.
VINE VOICEon 26 December 2013
To be honest, I wasn't a big James Arthur fan. And, shock horror, I don't watch the X Factor. It was only when my music obsessed cousin said how good his album was that I started to show any interest. But still I thought, she's 18 and way cooler than me so I probably won't like it.

WRONG! This is my favourite album at the moment and he's never off the car stereo. All the songs have me singing along. My favourite by far is recovery but I also think he does a fantastic job of roses, which is his duet with Emilie Sande. The only song I don't like is number 5.

Like him or loathe him, I think there are some far worse albums out there at the moment and I will be first in line when he brings out his next one.
on 14 March 2014
what a crap title to call what is the best album i have heard in a long time every song i liked and listened to a few times and the more i listen to the tracks the more they grow on me, Fantastic stuff and hope for more from this fella
on 25 December 2013
I thought I'd quite like this but when it arrived I was instantly hooked....it may not be 'cool' to buy Xfactor contestants' music but this is so outstanding that I really don't care how I was introduced to this.
You get the very familiar 'Impossible' but all of the other tunes are equally stunning, upbeat downbeat, ballad, it doesn't matter - I can't find fault with this album other than I wanted it to be longer. James Arthur is an exceptionally talented singer songwriter - forget the stigma of the talent show, enjoy the ride, it's well worth it believe me!!
I try to avoid 'The X Factor' these days if I can, and have done for many years. I think that this is one programme that has had it's day, and I can't say that there many hopefuls on there now that I care for, but James Arthur is an exception. I think this man was a worthy winner of the TV show in 2012, and has an incredibly emotional voice. This debut album is a collection of varied, well-written songs, something that will appeal to those who appreciate real talent, and are able to spot the difference.

I don't usually like it that people on 'The X Factor' are often given covers to sing on an album, or even worse, as a single, but James' hit version of 'Impossible' is perfect, and he makes it his own. The other smash, 'You're Nobody 'til Somebody Loves You', which he co-wrote is another cracker, 'New Tattoo' is a cool one, and 'Get Down' always ''lifts me up''. This album is good old straight-forward R&B pop (and a little bit of rap music, which I usually dislike greatly), sang with much feeling and soul. Nice one James, I look forward to more!
on 11 December 2013
Bought as a birthday present for my sister. She plays it all the time. Really great debut album from James.
on 13 December 2013
Must confess I didn't want James to win X Factor because I knew he would be successful anyway, but as Impossible was one of my favourite songs from the last 12 months, felt I should buy the CD. So pleased I did - the other tracks don't disappoint, especially Lie Down, Smoke Clouds and Is this Love? My family are fed up with me playing this over and over and over!