5.0 out of 5 stars Great new author
I am delighted to have found Becca Andre and hope that she continues to develop this modern world where magic and alchemy seem and other strange happenings seem to be perfectly reasonable. Other reviewers have described the book, so I will just say how much I enjoyed it - acompelling but fun book.
The plot is beautifully twisty with out being forced, the characters...
Published 12 months ago by PKNZ

3.0 out of 5 stars So-So.
The Final Formula isn't bad, but there are parts of it where you just cringe.
Published 3 months ago by Paige

5.0 out of 5 stars So much action, sharp dialogue and suspense, it left me breathless!, 19 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Final Formula (The Final Formula Series, Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
It's been a long time since a series of books has captured my imagination quite like The Final Formula. I downloaded the first book early one evening and read through the night. I finished it at dawn, and promptly downloaded the next two in the series. I raced through them almost as quickly.

Blown away by the story and the amazing characters, I took a deep, calming breath – and started from the beginning, reading slowly and carefully. That is definitely required because the storyline is very, very complex and very, very imaginative.

The end result . . . I actually emailed Becca Andre to ask when the next in the series is coming out. It's that good.

Okay, sure. there are the a few problems. Like I said, the story is complex with a lot of characters, which has left me with question marks about a couple of things. But wow, as criticisms go, that's minor.

I mean, chuck in an alchemist, a hellhound, four magical elements, some zombies, and some necros, and, hell, what could possibly go wrong?

So much, it makes your head spin! There are more twists than a spiral staircase and so many surprises.

I absolutely loved Addie! She's such an exciting addition to my literary friends. If ever there is a woman who owns the page, it's her. She has a unique way of looking at life that manages to get up the noses of everyone she meets, leading to some amazing conflicts, some great potions, and tons of fast-paced action set in, often, very creepy surrounds. Magical stuff!

And as for the Lord of Fire whom she tussles with, he has totally captured my heart. Personally, I would love to read the entire book again from his perspective. How about it Becca?

So, if you are looking for an amazing fantasy to keep you awake at night, then this is it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 15 Jun 2014
I really enjoyed the book, couldn't put it down in fact! Excellent characters in an engrossing story. Definitely recommend this book, can't wait to read the next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars A promising new author, 6 April 2014
A surprisingly good book with both engaging characters and storyline. Many authors in the urban fantasy genre are exploring the theme: what would happen if magic came into our world. It's always pleasing when a new twist is introduced. I look forward to seeing how the story develops.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 31 Mar 2014
Really really enjoyed this! It was different and new and refreshing. The characters were all interesting and it was well written and had clearly been well proof read (a pet hate of mine is poor or no proof reading). The story drew me in straight away and kept me hooked the whole way through. There was a romance element to the story but it was not the focus, it was a nice sideline to add another dimension. I really enjoyed it and was gutted to find book 2 is not out yet :( I will definitely be keeping an eye out for it. If you like a bit of the supernatural that is a bit different to vampires and werewolves,a bit of romance and a feisty heroine, give this a go

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read!!, 1 Feb 2014
WOW!!! I finished this book within a day....just.could .not.put.down! Becca Andre i salute you! You drew me in from beginning to end. The main female character is 'Addie' (a master alchemist) There is alot more to learn about her , given the fact that she has no memory after an explosion at the alchemy institute. Although she still remembers her alchemic learning.
I feel that given her age and what she goes through in this first book, I would like to see a more fiesty Addie in the next book(please let this be a series!)
The chemistry between 'Addie' and the leader of the magical community is definately 'grin worthy' :) The flirting that goes on in their first scene made me smile and recognising that I need to polish up on my own flirting skills lol!
A book which has magic, necromancers, hellhounds, Zombies, elementals, touch of romance and injection of humour....what more could you ask for!! A great read and highly recommended to anyone avoiding household chores! (I got nothing done while reading this and I don't care because it was worth it ;)

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Concept, 19 July 2014
This was a very readable story which draws you on to the next chapter very efficiently. There were still a number of spelling errors including one which was unidentifiable. Look forward to the next book as it was entertaining. Was disappointed that there wasn't more about the emergence of magic.

4.0 out of 5 stars A lot of promise, 26 July 2014
D. Payne - See all my reviews
I enjoyed this book. As a joke it was a bit formulaic in terms of characters and their powers and behaviour. That said it was well written, an easy read and did have some novel twists. I'm hoping that later books build on the novelty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quick read, 17 Aug 2014
Wow! Wow! Wow! Great quick read. Loved the story line and the main character -- Addie (especially her witty sarcasm). Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a decent New take, 1 Aug 2014
What a fantastic new take on what can be a sticky and sometimes repetitive subject. Can,t wait for the next book will be buying now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great new book in(hopefully) a new series, 12 Oct 2013
Great new book, I thought I'd repeat that as it really is. I read a LOT and it has to be good. This story caught my attention and I've pretty much read it non stop since the first page.
Great characters..which is important, a strong storyline with a new twist on fantasy,magic,monsters and adventure. Action, pace, laughter, thrills, magic, romance too. I'm really glad I downloaded this, I can't wait for book 2 and I highly recommend this to you.