5.0 out of 5 stars Great new author
I am delighted to have found Becca Andre and hope that she continues to develop this modern world where magic and alchemy seem and other strange happenings seem to be perfectly reasonable. Other reviewers have described the book, so I will just say how much I enjoyed it - acompelling but fun book.
The plot is beautifully twisty with out being forced, the characters...
Published 13 months ago by PKNZ

3.0 out of 5 stars So-So.
The Final Formula isn't bad, but there are parts of it where you just cringe.
Published 4 months ago by Paige

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great new author, 26 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Final Formula (The Final Formula Series, Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
The plot is beautifully twisty with out being forced, the characters are well drawn with flaws as well as strengths, and the dialogue is witty but again, unforced. I like that there is a bit of romantic tension, without it being the main feature, and would love to see whether Becca can develop these characters and their stories into another equally satisfying book.
I was impressed by the lack of editing and formatting problems - it makes a book SO much more enjoyable.
When Becca writes her next book, I will be first in line to buy it.

4.0 out of 5 stars The final formula by becca Andre, 8 July 2014
I wanted to read something different and here it was. I got sucked in by the amnesiac alchemist Addie and loved the fact that she was feisty, strong and a great heroine. Can't wait to read the next book!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 6 July 2014
Brilliantly written book and the characters are amazing. This book finishes with a he'll of a twist. Brilliant read defo worth five stars x

4.0 out of 5 stars The Final Formula, 15 Aug 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed reading the Final Formula. I read it in only a couple of days and was left wanting more. The sub and counter-plots in the story make this world feel more realistic and the background to the story comes in a perfect amount toe both keep the story moving but also to make the reader feel that there is more to this new world than we see. The romance never drives the story unlike in some books. Yet, it does occasionally effect addie's judgement in ways that yet again, make her more 'human'. The story contains many twists and turns and I have to say the ending made me smile since I have never come across that particular resolution before... This book is the first in what will be a 5-novel series with interspersed novellas. I look forward to seeing where Becca takes it next.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Final Formula, 19 July 2014
This is the first time I have read any of Becca Andre's work and really enjoyed it. The storyline is interesting and new - although has some elements of other fantasy in there.
Addie is a alchemist ( a master) but she has lost her memory after an explosion at her last place of work ( don't want to give away too many spoliers). The book is about basically regaining her memory and finding out who caused the explosion.
There are well defined characters with depth and personality as well as interesting back stories. Alchemists are almost magical.
A good read ( although had guessed the conclusions before they came - although this did not detract from the book ) I will not be looking out for her next book to find out what happens next.

4.0 out of 5 stars solid read, good series start, 5 July 2014
Good story overall, characters could use some more development, interesting magic system hopefully more to come. See you soon cheers

5.0 out of 5 stars a great book to down load!, 5 July 2014
Wow! I read through this book so quick I couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen, kept me guessing all the way through can't recommend this book enough a great free read, romance,magic,zombies & much more. I will be looking for more from Becca Andre.

5.0 out of 5 stars a very good way to stay up all night, 25 Jun 2014
A witty book with a real sense of excitement to it. I didn't want to put it down. The characters were well formed, the plot interesting. I look forward to the next installation in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 25 Jun 2014
Best book I've read in ages. A total gem, and free to boot. The author's writing style is gripping and engaging and I felt connected to all of the characters. I spotted ONE spelling error in the book which made for a fluid read, unlike most kindle books these days which have grammatical errors every other sentence. Purchasing the next book instantly!

5.0 out of 5 stars The formula for must read novels...., 24 Jun 2014
A friend recommended this series and I'm so glad she did. I was confused for the first couple of pages (I suspect this is partly due to the fact the main character is suffering amnesia and is herself very confused), but once Addie meets the Fire Lord (which is very early on) it takes off like a rocket. This is a book of magical beings interacting with humans (the two don't really get along - the story takes place in a world full of animosity between the two factions). The hero is The Fire Lord (who is one of four elementals). The formula of the title is the alchemical elixir of eternal life (the heroine is a master alchemist)...there are all these people hunting for the formula which may or may not have been discovered...all the while Addie (the heroine) is trying to discover who she is (she doesn't know her real name) and what happened that night she lost her memory.

This is a story about choices and consequences. How we can desire an outcome, yet attaining that desire may not bring us what we expected (at all). It's a story of self discovery. As I was reading every now and then I'd stop and wonder...if I lost my memory of who I am right now...who I would I be? Would I be the same person or someone completely different? This is a very fast paced story. I was probably stopping to give myself time to breathe. I think this would be my only real complaint about the story; there are very few rest spots...if the book was a piece of music it would Flight of the Bumblebees! Saying that, I love the characters. They are so human - so likeable - I've never been a zombie fan, but I even started warming to the Necromancers (I may be going mad - or dying - or actually be dead without realising it). Having read part two I can only hope Book three comes out sooooon. If you enjoy this book part two is as good if not better!!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›