5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!
I was intregued as to how a novel based around a single day in a London office could be achieved, but Matt Dunn achieved it with merit! I was drawn in very quickly and read it over a couple of sittings. It was well written, easy to read, the characters were good, the story was good and I laughed loudly on many occassions - what more can I say? I would also suggest trying...
Published 16 months ago by Jane Manning

1.0 out of 5 stars One of the most tedious books I've ever read
One of the most tedious books I've ever read... and I've read some corkers. The characters are bland, I can't sympathise with any of them... their names are all quite similarly bland, so I couldn't keep track of who fancied who and actually really didn't care a jot.

And do these people never do any work? They're spending all day obsessing over this rubbish,...
Published 2 days ago by pinkpebs

‹ Previous | 153 54 5570 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 23 Jun. 2013
This wasn't as good as I expected it be, it lacked depth and I didn't find it at all funny. Struggled to finish it, predictable ending and in conclusion a boring story.

1.0 out of 5 stars This should not be in humour section!, 12 Jun. 2013
I'm probably being harsh, but I found this book unbelievably predictable & not the slightest bit funny, absolute rubbish that's been done a hundred times already! I must admit my biggest gripe was with amazon or whoever put this in the humour section, I was getting a flight needed a book quick went on to my kindle looked up the humour section this was at the top with loads of stars so I bought it & suffered through it as I had no alternative. It's a love story not humour just another 10 a penny romcom! I was so annoyed with this blatant false advertising(humour section) I felt the need to come on here & write a review the 1st time I have ever done so!! Be warned!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Boooooring, 12 Jun. 2013
Badly written drivel, I got to chapter 5 and still nothing had happened so I gave up and deleted it

1.0 out of 5 stars Skip it!, 8 Jun. 2013
Thought I was going to read a funny take on modern day office romances, instead got a predictable and forgettable novel with little real plot and characters it is difficult to care about!!
Disappointed!

1.0 out of 5 stars Repetitive, monotonous, obvious - save your time and get something else to read, 2 Jun. 2013
Only so many corners of snacks can be popped into a mouth, descriptions of coffees, from Costa or otherwise should be used in one book surely.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm, I must be missing something..., 26 May 2013
I read the reviews before buying this book and expected more. I found it boring, formulaic and didn't spot any of the apparent funny bits. The characters are your average set of people in a contemporary setting and it just didn't hold my interest at all. Some parts made me cringe and I'm afraid I gave up a half way through.

1.0 out of 5 stars repetitive and unfunny, 26 May 2013
I love to read a variety of books and after reading something challenging I love to read an 'easy to read', funny book. Unfortunately although this was easy to read was not remotely funny. It was extremely repetitive and was entirely based on the characters not saying what they meant and then everyone else getting the wrong end of the stick. I read it quickly as I was able to scan through a lot of the repetition. The only redeeming feature was that the ending wasn't the most obvious one.

1.0 out of 5 stars A day at the office, 25 May 2013
Much as I tried I really couldn't get into this book . I couldn't relate to the characters and gave up !

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 14 May 2013
Very childish premise and characters equally so. Not funny and to be honest I wish I had followed my instincts after first chapter and not bothered carrying on.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fairly easy going reading, 12 May 2013
I found this book a reasonable read. I was an interesting twist that took the story took place in a day. However it was not mind blowing & I don't feel compelled to buy more of the authors works.

‹ Previous | 153 54 5570 | Next ›