5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!
Published 14 months ago by Jane Manning

2.0 out of 5 stars Was so disappointed in this book
Published 3 months ago by P. Ray

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, 3 Jan. 2014
This review is from: A Day at the Office (Kindle Edition)
I was intregued as to how a novel based around a single day in a London office could be achieved, but Matt Dunn achieved it with merit! I was drawn in very quickly and read it over a couple of sittings. It was well written, easy to read, the characters were good, the story was good and I laughed loudly on many occassions - what more can I say? I would also suggest trying I'm Dreaming of a Wilde Summer (A laugh-out-loud romantic comedy) and Eternally North for the same reasons.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved loved loved it!!, 5 Jan. 2014
This review is from: A Day at the Office (Kindle Edition)
I really loved this book and even wrote to the author to tell him so. Reminded me so much of my days working in an office. Lots of laugh out loud moments. Def a good purchase!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Light hearted read!, 21 Jan. 2014
S. Bullen (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Day at the Office (Kindle Edition)
Was unsure on how this book would pan out, but loved it! Couldn't put it down. Could relate to all the characters, would recommend if you want a light hearted read!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great easy read, 31 Dec. 2013
This review is from: A Day at the Office (Kindle Edition)
Picked this up this morning and couldn't put the kindle down! Nice, light hearted easy read with a happy ending.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious romp, 17 Jan. 2014
Neil Spurgeon (England, Great Britain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Day at the Office (Kindle Edition)
Such an amusing concept. This has to be one of the funniest books have read in the last twelvemonth. Excellent

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, modern British Rom-Com, 30 Dec. 2013
This review is from: A Day at the Office (Kindle Edition)
The human writing in this book is great. Every character has some kind of character trait any reader has and so you can associate a bit with them all. Everyone doubts themselves and what others Think of them and in this hilariously written book it explores those self-depriving thoughts.

All places and objects in the book are real so as a reader (and a London living reader) I could imagine the specific places the characters are from my own experience. Just a brilliantly well-rounded book. And a must read for those who like Love Actually and Cold Feet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Shout-out-loud funny, 3 May 2013
I bought a new Kindle and this was the first book I downloaded (primarily as I was having a day off from my office and it seemed fitting).

The book covered one single day at a normal office in London. The day happens to be Valentines day. The author takes you through the various emotional machinations that are familiar to anyone who works with other people in an office environment - and does so with skill and a freshness that is lacking in many other books in the genre. You come to connect with the characters so much that I found myself actually shouting at the pages on several occasions!

The Author manages to avoid the easy plot twists and goes for something a bit more intelligent that you might expect. The writing is fast-paces, insightful and witty. The 'doctor and basque' scene is honestly laugh out loud funny. I stopped reading to tell my wife about what had just happened!

I can recommend this book as something that will delight on a lazy evening.

5.0 out of 5 stars One office, one day, 5 different characters... A simple formula for a GREAT book!, 29 Jan. 2015
This review is from: A Day at the Office (Kindle Edition)
What a sweet taste this book left me with! A totally feel-good read, set in a London office, all about Valentine's day from different characters' perspectives. I'm amazed by how much can go on in just one day; love declarations, emotions, misunderstandings! I applaud Matt Dunn's creativity, putting together a fun book based on such a tiny idea.

The story is based on five main characters, who all work in the same office. I enjoyed how the characters are slowly introduced and the relationships between them smoothly unfold. Sweet and innocent Calum, hanky but bitter Nathan, romantic Mark, sophisticated Julie and sexy Sophie, they're all tangled up in a Valentine's day adventure.

I'll be definitely coming back for a bit more of Matt Dunn. Very enjoyable indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it - 5 stars!, 28 April 2013
This review is from: A Day At The Office (Paperback)
I've read all the other books written by Matt Dunn, this one is just as good as the previous ones! It can't have been easy to write about 5 different characters but Matt manages this juggling feat, one finds oneself rooting for the various characters and hoping that they all find their perfect love. It is nothing like my office, so did not relate to the work part but that is not the mainstay of this book. Matt's command of the English language is a delight to read, his enjoyment of it shines through. The content does not contain anything vulgar or rude, which makes a lovely change these days and there are many laugh out loud moments.

2.0 out of 5 stars Was so disappointed in this book, 22 Dec. 2014
This review is from: A Day at the Office (Kindle Edition)
Was so disappointed in this book. I had high hopes of a fun read following these reviews but I thought the comedy was too far fetched (the doctor mistaking her for a stripper was a particular low point for me). At first I was enjoying it as I recognised many things from my own working in London, but then as I got in to it and the characters evolved (pretty much all of them in to neurotic desperate singletons) I just lost interest. I also felt that when I read the diaogue in the book it just didn't read as realistic. I did finish this book but I wouldn't be tempted to read another Matt Dunn book.

A Day at the Office