4.0 out of 5 stars Decent pair of speakers with wireless connectivity
One thing that surprised me when taking these out of their box was how big they were; I'm used to having speakers that are more decently sized and compact, whereas these measure at around 15cm(L)x 9cm(W) x 24cm(H), which to me are huge.

Published 16 months ago by MyKeyReviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost there
These remind me a lot of the T40's I bought back in 2008 (which are still working despite being knocked over many times). There are a few notable differences, mind.

Published 14 months ago by Persepolis

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent pair of speakers with wireless connectivity, 19 Dec. 2013
MyKeyReviews (Hampshire, UK.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Creative T30 Wireless (2.0) Bluetooth NFC Speakers with High Quality AptX Audio, BasXPort Technology and Aux-in (Personal Computers)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

After trying to find the most appropriate place to put these, I decided against putting them by my PC as I just didn't have enough space, however did have enough space to place them by my TV, so thought I might as well use them as my TV speakers.

There are very few wires to connect, so the set-up process is very simple:

1) Connect the wire that's fixed onto the left-speaker into the right-speaker.
2) Insert the power cable into the right speaker and make sure the cable is plugged into the mains.

Then it's down to you how you're going to use the speaker:

- Wired -

You can either connect a device such as your TV to the speaker with the included 3.5mm cable which also plugs into the right-speaker, or you use an RCA cable (not included) by using it in conjunction with the RCA to 3.5mm adapter.

I used this with my TV, so all I had to do was insert the 3.5mm cable into the TV's headphone port.

- Wireless -

This will require your device to have Bluetooth, so first of all you need to press the Bluetooth button located on the front of the right-speaker, then you have two different ways to connect the device:

1) Manually: Make sure your devices Bluetooth is on, then search and connect to "Creative T30 Wireless".

2) Automatically: Turn on your devices Bluetooth & NFC features and place your device on top of the right-speaker, they should then both automatically connect saving you the hassle of going through the settings manually.

#NOTE: Unfortunately when using the Bluetooth setting, it doesn't automatically switch off the audio from the device that's connected via wire... so you'll have to either switch said connected device off, or mute it to stop audio clashing.

All that aside the sound is actually rather impressive, I've used these to listen to all sorts of genres of music, watching TV & films and even playing games on the PS4 and the only negative I could point out is that the sound can get quite badly distorted when on fairly high volume (above what I normally have it set as, but I know some people like VERY loud music, which this wouldn't be able to deliver).

Other than that I've been most impressed with the sound and really like the fact you can adjust the bass and treble to suit your needs.

For the price it's currently set at (£85 at the time of this review), I don't think you can go wrong with these speakers, just be wary of the size of these speakers as in my opinion, they are quite big!

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost there, 20 Feb. 2014
Persepolis (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

Firstly, there is NFC/Bluetooth support. Bluetooth connectivity varies from devices but seems to work well enough. NFC, however, does take a few taps on the top of the right hand speaker for it to kick in. When it does activate, though, the sound is fine.

I don't know whether this is specific to my own unit here but I get a fair amount of distortion even at modest audio levels. While the audio is clear apart from this, I would not use these as my go-to speakers for music consumption. They're relegated to the bedroom for some casual listening every so often.

For the price I would look elsewhere. The wireless functionality is jacking the price up here and, to be honest, it's not worth it for the sound quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great speakers, no more wires!, 29 Dec. 2014
I'm a music geek / ex-producer and let me tell you these are good! Great clear treble and bass when you need it. The best computer clear speakers I've ever had - they replace some nice Altec's and make them sound so dull. Bluetooth is a breeze too - now my Mac connects with out yet another wire! Great value - i got a Warehouse deal - so happy with them - they made my Christmas - well - kind of - I do have a life :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Bluetooth only working when really close to speakers, 19 Jan. 2015
Good speakers with really nice sound but the device needs to be very close to the speakers for Bluetooth to work properly which is a real shame.

3.0 out of 5 stars Goes onto stand by after 20 minutes. Thanks EU., 9 Dec. 2014
Essentially these are good speakers. Where they fail is that, to comply with EU regulations they turn off if they don't get a signal for 20 minutes. Mine are hard wired directly into my PC via the enclosed 3.5mm cable, so it is somewhat frustrating to have to turn the thing on every time I want to listen to something.

The sound quality is pretty good, not astounding but perfectly acceptable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Pricey. "Only" 2.0 but seriously handsome and lovely sound, 18 Nov. 2013
Adrian "adrianjfrost" (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Spending the best part of £100 on a set of PC speakers seems a lot these days (especially a 2 speaker set up with no subwoofer) but the versatility and capability of these new Creative T30s really are outstanding (in my view)

I was looking to update some super cheap Logitech X140 to something with real HiFi pretensions. The X140 were my dip in the water of peripheral speakers and they work well enough over a narrow volume range (and cost very little). For 'clear' music and speech they are adequate but clearly not outstandingly musical

For me, wanting to listen to accurately presented music, sub woofer based speaker systems really don't integrate the lower frequencies well. For game playing and speech this is probably much less of an issue. If you want to make lots of noise and have lots of thumping base then the T30 and my views of them probably aren't as relevant to you

The obvious competitor to the T30 is Creatives own T20 on which these are based or the much bigger T40. The T20s are approximately half the price (even the T40 is slightly cheaper at the T30 launch price). So what you are getting compared to the T20 is the Bluetooth capability and (in my view) a more handsome look. The Bluetooth is really funky because you just need to have you iPad etc within a metre or so of the speakers and you can play music. Using them with laptop means it needs Bluetooth (or you can use the provides audio cables to connect, which sort of misses the point of the T30). In case you are wodnering it isn't "all wireless", the speakers still need a power cable to one speaker and a linking cable between them.

Musical performance of the T30 seems similar, if possibly a little crisper than the T20. My absolute comparator here is a Maclaren/EPOS Hifi and I would say the mid range and highs are pretty good, while the low end response is accurate as far as it goes (you wont hear a double bass at the lower notes, the few sub woofer systems I have heard might present some of those notes but if would not be very musical). The ability to handle highly complex or dynamic music is where they struggle a little bit - but that is compared to a £2k system. For £100 the bottom line is, playing MP3s these are about the best PC speakers I have heard

At introduction the price has been a bit high, are they worth near twice the cost of T20s I am not sure, but then sometimes you buy a product with your eyes, ears and heart. For a similar amount of cash (or slightly less) you can have the wired T40s which are bigger and louder, but they are getting a bit big for PC use (in my view)

Bottom line, the T30s sound great and work well wirelessly with Bluetooth devices but the wireless advantage is costly so if you don't need it look at the T20s for half the money. Creative also offer some other "wireless" choices like T15 which might be worth a look

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little speakers, 2 Sept. 2014
Great little speakers. I purchased them for an easy connect speaker system for my I phone and they are just the job.
I think you would struggle to beat the price and quality

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent wireless spec, but still suffer from small sound., 15 Jan. 2014
Squeebles (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Firstly, when did Creative Labs shorten their name?

The T30 are not just for positioning either side of your computer monitor, they're now touting them also as a lifestyle accessory. They are a proper step up from the T10, which were my old computer monitors (which, sounded rubbish by comparison). Sound is quite full but the stereo image isn't that great. I's say it's ideal for general PC duties & music at your desk, but it isn't audiophile quality. The tone controls on the right hand speaker (it also houses the amp) are effective, allowing you to drop the treble and boost the bass a bit more so it has a bit more feeling, or life. Too much volume, however, and they will distort.

The NFC paring my Nexus 4 & 7 (2013) was surprisingly quick to enable and music came from the speakers after only a slight pause each time. Bluetooth also connected quickly, but not as simply as NFC. A 3.5mm jack socket is also included for all you wired fans as well, I dug out an old portable minidisc player and that sounded good as well. I may end up keeping these in the kitchen, as these along with my Nexus 7 (or any tablet of your choice) running an internet radio station, the combo gives more flexibility and a better sound than my DAB radio. Be nice if the T30 came in a different colour, other than PC black (Apple white, maybe?).

As a comparison, and for a different approach, I borrowed a pair of Logitech Z600 Bluetooth Speakers, the ones that look like a pair of huge salt & pepper shakers. Yes I know they're half as much again price-wise, but their different design, compared to the T30, allows a far wider and airier sound stage for music. You almost forget where the music is coming from. The Creative speakers sound flat and boxy by comparison. But the Logitech doesn't do bass half as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, well built, flexible connectivity, 19 Dec. 2013
David Precious (Stevenage, Herts, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Paired easily with my Samsung Galaxy S4 via Bluetooth pairing (I haven't tried the NFC feature yet), and the sound is excellent - surprisingly loud from fairly small speakers, but more importantly, the clarity of sound is excellent, with high notes controlled and "crisp" (even though I hate those kind of wishy-washy descriptions of sound).

The Bluetooth audio support means any semi-recent Bluetooth-supporting device can stream music to these speakers (anything support A2DP, the older standard, or aptX, the newer higher quality standard). For any device that doesn't do Bluetooth, there's also a standard audio input for 3.5mm input (along with an adapter for twin RCA inputs) - so you can easily hook them up to the back of your PC / MP3 player / whatever.

They look good without covers - but I think including basic clip-on covers would have been sensible, if only to discourage curious children's fingers from ruining the cones by poking at them when nobody is looking.

I recognise the Creative brand as producers of good quality, good-sounding products (I have a pair of Creative Aurvana Air earphones, which are by far my most favourite earphones ever), and happy to see they're true to form here too.

If you're just going to use them hooked up to your computer, though, and aren't likely to want to use the Bluetooth feature much, there are cheaper options - for instance the Creative Gigaworks T20 Series II Multimedia Speakers would do the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm Very Happy With These Speakers, 19 July 2014
I'm Very Happy With These Speakers , They Sound Great In My Small Room ! Also Arrived In Fast Time . Well HAPPY !

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›