4.0 out of 5 stars very readable
I enjoyed reading this zombie novel, it had more to do with survival than with how each zombie was killed. If you like the gruesome sort of zombie book you probably wont like this but if you enjoy those that emphasize the impact on the individual then you will like this.
Published 3 months ago by able

3.0 out of 5 stars proof reading?
A really good book, but annoying that the spelling and grammar checks on the book missed so many errors! Sad really
Published 1 month ago by Chris

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars very readable, 12 Jan 2014
This review is from: Surviving The Evacuation, Book 1: London (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely the zombie survival story I've ever read!, 11 Jan 2014
This review is from: Surviving The Evacuation, Book 1: London (Kindle Edition)
A different take on the now all to familiar zombie survival story, you really believe what is happening, it has none of the usual "and then I found a chainsaw and an m16!". But is made to feel like a believable (as far as zombie fiction goes) story of fear and isolation in an apocalyptic Britain, a real breath of fresh air, I genuinely didn't want it to end!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 1 Nov 2013
This review is from: Surviving The Evacuation, Book 1: London (Kindle Edition)
I read a lot of zombie fiction and this was definitely one of the best. Very enjoyable, although the lone survival narration reminded me of The Martian by Andy Weir.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Cut Above The Rest, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: Surviving The Evacuation, Book 1: London (Kindle Edition)
I'm a sucker for zombie books, films and games so picking this book was an easy decision for me.

When I started to read it I quickly became gripped by the book and really identified with the main character and his struggles. The story is well written (if you forgive a few typos) and left me wanting more.

As the title suggests I think this book is a cut above the rest of the genre and I was delighted to find out that the second in the series was released just before Christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars A breath of fresh air, 10 Dec 2013
This review is from: Surviving The Evacuation, Book 1: London (Kindle Edition)
I love apocalyptic fiction and zombies, but there is a ton of very poor apocalyptic fiction out there at the moment and a large proportion of the rubbish is about zombies.

Finally we have an author that writes a more 'realistic' zombie epidemic story that deals with the real questions for survival, not how to kill them faster or where to find more ammo, but the mundane things that keeps us alive.

The main character spends most of his time trying to hide from the zombies, trying to figure out how they can detect him and where he can find food and water to keep himself alive at the same time. There is no convenient warehouse full of food or a retired marksman with an array of guns at his disposal, just a guy stuck and trying to survive day by day.

I'm sure I enjoyed the book more as it is set in London and no gung ho style of action is present. You can relate to the daily terror of the main character, especially when he is forced to confront the zombies and how he reacts. The struggle for his daily survival is the main focus and is well written.

This is a breath of fresh air to the zombie genre and I'm looking forward to the next book in what I hope will be a concise series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read, 7 Dec 2013
This review is from: Surviving The Evacuation, Book 1: London (Kindle Edition)
My first Zombie novel. I was not disappointed. Well written,a fantastic read.
The opening pages introduced you to the main character and as the story unfolded I was immediately
drawn to wanting to discover the effects of the challenges met by him. In some way I felt attached to the character so could not put the book down until finished. I cannot wait for the finale.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping story, 28 Feb 2014
This review is from: Surviving The Evacuation, Book 1: London (Kindle Edition)
This is a great tale. I wasn't sure to begin with - zombie books tend to be a bit much of a muchness - but the isolation of the main character and the virtual mundanity of his daily existence, along with the deepening suspense as to how the government has managed the evacuation of the population of London make it a surprisingly exciting read. It's skilfully told stuff!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good story, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: Surviving The Evacuation, Book 1: London (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyed this book.Not the usual Zombie novel less Gore and guns than you come to expect and the central character is not special forces.That being said couldn't put it down well told with a nice conspiracy running in the background.Recommend this and off to download book two and hope book three is on the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a good read I want more., 17 Nov 2013
This review is from: Surviving The Evacuation, Book 1: London (Kindle Edition)
I sleep badly and have so many books on my kindle to choose from but saw this and it sounded okay. It was more than okay it was brilliant. Read it from cover to cover -as you can on a Kindle - and was so sorry to get to the end. I sympathised, wept, laughed (there were some frustratingly funny moments,) cried, shouted, got angry and all at the poor guy in the book. My husband was not amused as I woke him more than once shouting or giggling. Have just seen that the 2nd part is due in December. Whoopee. Was never into "zombies" but this is so much more. It is how someone would feel, left completely alone, in an upstairs flat and no one to care, incapacitated, no food, water, heat etc with the zombies thrown in for good measure. Brilliant book.Just could not put it down.Really cannot fault it at all. I read all types of books, from Stephen King, to Bernard Cornwell but this book made my week.Fabulous. Loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Zombies not my thing - Loved it...., 10 Feb 2014
This review is from: Surviving The Evacuation, Book 1: London (Kindle Edition)
I stumbled across this book in a moment of boredom. Zombies are not my thing at all, so I am still baffled as to why I couldn't put this book down. I loved it, and eagerly purchased the next one.... Wasteland

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›