4.0 out of 5 stars A couple of installation glitches but great once completed
Published 8 months ago by SolarFlare

1.0 out of 5 stars rubbish
This product is not fit for purpose it to complicated and to difficult to load. We gave up trying to load it on to our computer.
Published 5 months ago by Sue Newton

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A couple of installation glitches but great once completed, 28 Mar 2014
This review is from: MCAFEE MIS14UEC1RAO Internet Security 2014 - 1 User - OEM- eCard - (Software Security Software) (Software)
You receive a card containing a product key code, an address on the McAfee site which contains a web form for you to enter this code, and some very basic instructions. (More instructions are online.) Once you've entered the code you either log onto your existing McAfee account or else create a new one, as appropriate. From your account you can then download your new McAfee software; at the same time you are given a serial number to use during installation of the software. The download is of a setup file which is saved to your hard drive rather than being an immediate installation. All of this worked perfectly for me.

When I came to install the software I hit 2 problems, the first was just a niggly, slightly annoying thing but the second was rather worrying at the time. The first one, which I think is probably deliberate on the part of McAfee, is that if you start your installation and cancel it before it is complete you cannot rerun the same downloaded file because the serial number can only be used once. Instead you have to go through the procedure of accessing your McAfee account and download again; you are then given a new serial number. That was just a bit of a time waster.

The second glitch happened later during the installation when existing McAfee software was being automatically removed from my system. The progress bar got about 9/10 of the way along and then froze. I left it for 30 minutes and nothing at all happened. Also task manager showed no McAfee installer activity. I killed the process and rebooted with no ill effects then ran McAfee's removal tool to clean all existing McAfee software from my PC. Third time lucky, I downloaded the software again. This time the installation went without a hitch and I now have my new year's subscription.

That installation freeze occurred at about the same time as my old McAfee subscription expired. Perhaps there is a problem if this happens at the same time as the old McAfee software removal stage of installation is occurring.

I give 4 stars because despite the installation glitches it is now working wonderfully and the price is stupendous!

4.0 out of 5 stars Frustration on installing, 27 Mar 2014
Normally so easy to install, as I have used this type of product for several years.
Unfortunately this time the product key was not recognised & after lots of frustration I had to resort to phoning Mcafee.
They installed it remotely for me which took 35-45 mins. All working ok now for another year.

4.0 out of 5 stars McAfee e-card security software, 10 Mar 2014
I have used McAfee for the past two years with some satisfaction. Previously, I bought disc type boxed. After some searching, I came across the e-card. I found it quicker for installation, and much cheaper. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars mcafeee security, 24 Mar 2014
yes this was what in needed ,because I have only needed one for my laptop, so it saved me a lot of money it was a good as the one I purchased last year for less money thank you mrs j drury

4.0 out of 5 stars Extension was successful, 14 May 2014
I bought this to renew my mcafee license and it was successful and the process was simple. good, liked it.

5.0 out of 5 stars McAfee Internet 2014, 17 April 2014
Excellent service. Arrived promptly on time. Easy to install with clear instructions and better than having to run a CD. Excellent value.

1.0 out of 5 stars rubbish, 21 Jun 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars McAfee Security, 2 Jun 2014
I have had this software before and had no problem. The only problem this time was loading it I had to ring them twice to load this onto my laptop. The good thing was though was that it was Freephone and the advisors I spoke to sorted out my problem eventually, and up to now it is ok.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent deal!!, 19 May 2014
Excellent!! Works as described. Very smooth installation. No hassle of cd/DVD. Recommend instead of buying expensive license from mcafee. Gr8

5.0 out of 5 stars OEM Caard - McAfee, 28 Feb 2014
So much more straightforward to buy my internet security this way - it works, is efficient and does exactly what I need it to do.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›