5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!
Published 14 months ago by Carol Curtis

3.0 out of 5 stars It packed up....
Well it is a nice piece of kit, worked well and i was happy with it until it stopped taking a charge.

I decided to try another brand as i hadn't heard of 'LugaLake' I only went with 'LugaLake' on reviews and believe it or not the replacement (different brand) also packed up! - I'm not having much luck ;(
Published 10 months ago by Paul

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 1 Feb. 2014
This review is from: LuguLake 6W Portable Bluetooth Speaker With Stand Dock , Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.0 Speakers Built-in 3.5mm Aux Port for iPhone 6, 5S, iPad Air, Mini, Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, HTC, Tablets, PC - Coffee (Electronics)
I live some of the time in Malta and I ordered this on the UK website. My original order couldn't be delivered to Malta so I contacted Lugalake and they suggested ordering the different colour coming through Amazon. I did so on their advise and I received my speaker within 2 days of ordering. So immediately I was impressed with their service. When the speaker arrived, it already had some charge so I was able to immediately connect my iPad via Bluetooth. I watch TV on my iPad but my husband, due to only partial hearing, cannot hear the iPad speakers very well and misses a great deal of the dialogue. With my new speaker, he now hears everything! I have also tried it with my iPod and iPod touch and it is fantastic with them as well. The speaker comes with a USB charger which is the same connection as the one I have for my Samsung mobile so I can use my mains charger as well. In addition you have a speaker lead, for non Bluetooth devises, so I can plug this straight into the speaker and then into my digi recorder to playback recordings. Extremely useful as I am in a ladies harmonising choir and we can now all listen to the rehearsals that I record to see how we are sounding. I am so happy that I chose this speaker over any another and am equally impressed with the thoughtful service of Lugalake and Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb design and impeccable sound reproduction, 31 July 2014
Dolphin (Stuck inside a cloud) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Length:: 4:09 Mins

I have had a chance to evaluate several portable Bluetooth speakers recently and one has to applaud the creativity shown in the design department. This combination wireless speaker and tablet holder is at the top of the class for sound reproduction, sheer good looks and the added usefulness of accommodating a range of tablets. It isn't the loudest speaker I have seen, probably because it is clearly designed to offer a mini-theatre experience when watching musical videos or movies.

The body is aluminium, so it is relatively light but designed to be stable. The metallic finish is very attractive and does not readily show fingerprints. The model I received for evaluation is described as "coffee" but looks to me more like gunpowder grey. It is a very elegant, sombre shade that would fit in anywhere. Included are a USB cable for battery recharging and a 3.5 mm cable for connection to non-Bluetooth devices.

The minimal commands are contained in a small plastic panel at the back. There is an ON/OFF sliding switch, the USB port and an auxiliary 3.5 mm jack. Volume and other operating functions are controlled from the device it is connected to. The two 3Watt individual speakers are located at either end of the tube, and combine to produce a lovely, warm sound that is loud enough for the average room, distortion-free and well balanced between bass and treble. I found that placement is important. Changing the unit orientation within a room allows you to select the best reproduction and, naturally, the surface it sits on plays a part.

Connectivity was easy and immediate. I tested it with a laptop running Windows 8.1, my Kindle Fire HD and a friend's iPad. You access your device's Bluetooth settings, turn on the LaguLake speaker and a couple of glugs later, it is recognized as HD-13001. It is compatible with a large range of devices, probably more than the ones identified, actually. And the 3.5 mm jack means that it should work with basically anything with that capability. Operating range was better than average, even across stone walls and the advertised battery life of 8 hours is very accurate.

I could only find two shortcomings, both minor: (1) the speaker does not work while the battery is being recharged; and (2) the groove holds your tablet in a fixed position, so that the viewing angle cannot be adjusted. This speaker surpassed my expectations and I cannot overemphasize how attractive it looks. It is packaged in a beautiful blue velveteen jewel case and would make an impressive gift. At this mid-range price level, it represents very good value because the quality is certainly high-end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Outstandingly Brilliant., 13 Aug. 2014
Glenn Cook (South Cave, near Hull UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
My Goodness I was mightly impressed when I got the LuguLake Portable Bluetooth Speaker out of the box for the first time.
It looks really smart.
I cannot emphasize how important this is.

Often I have received a great sound set of speakers that look like they have been designed in an arthritic pottery class (and yes I have arthritis).
Some devices look so off the wall and weird a kitsch collector would keep them in an enclosed cabinet with a double lock!
They look like someone has been hitting them with an ugly stick!

This device looks cool. You can get it in a variety or really smart colours. The finish is wonderful.
If you are an adult that wants to buy their younger relative a really great present that they will really use then you are onto a winner. If you buy two get different colours.
The presentation of the device is good too- really smart and it looks like a luxury product. It makes a wonderful gift.
(why do I add this? simply because a lot of today's youth would take one look at a 'naff' boxed product and simply not bother to take it out of the box to use- this device impels you to open and try)

But the sound is the thing...

I played my wife' I Pad mini through it.
The sound was simply great.
Much better than I had expected.
True if you just listen to Black Sabbath's Iron Man then this will not be the set for you. BUT the great news for all those that listen to a variety of music then the sound is excellent.
I listen to music- everything from ABC to Frank Zappa. This speaker handled all the bases really well.
The sound is fabulous but the looks of the thing are really great too.
The price on Amazon is a real steal this set is well worth the double amount that is the RRP.

Now I was provided with my device to test and review but this hasn't affected my review of it I always right 'as I find'.

The device is bluetooth and the range was impressive. I took mine into the garden to play- well over 40 foot- but I see fellow reviewers boast up to 50.
The good thing is that you can easily connect your older devices via a cable- so if you have an older relative that hangs onto their stuff they could use it too.
It is a device for a study or bedsit rather than a large lounge. -( so ideal for students?).
It's extremely portable well made and well designed.

Music was brilliant Zappa excellent Other music like Goldfrappe and Scritti Polliti sounded terrific.
Audio books sounded fantastic the reading by Stephen Fry of the Harry Potter series of books was sublime
Now when we combined the speaker with my sons I pad to watch Game of Thrones it brought a whole new brilliant dimension to the viewing experience.

Winter may be coming but this device should be on everyone's Christmas wish List.

How good is this device overall?
Well if I tell you that this is the device I use myself rather than letting my family use then that speaks volumes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice speaker, 8 April 2014
M. Nuttall (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
Ordered this after reading all the reviews and it has lived up to them. I was slightly worried about the usb charging but found plugging the provided usb lead in to my ipad adaptor plug worked. The only slight annoyance is that the blue light flashes all the time which can be irritating if you are using it as a stand in a darker room.
I haven't yet received any communications from the company as other reviewers have said.
I ordered this on Amazon Prime and it didn't arrive the next day, when i complained I was told that Prime is next day from the day of dispatch !

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the reviews say it is!, 28 Jun. 2014
Pepper (Uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
I wondered if this LuguLake Bluetooth speaker unit would be as good as the reviews suggested it would be. I am using it with my iPad and Nokia Lumia smartphone.

To start with the presentation is very good - the device comes in an attractive gift box with the speaker unit, Micro USB lead for charging, audio jack lead for non-Bluetooth devices and instructions. It's very easy to connect your device and in my case no passcode was required. The only control on the unit is a slider on/off switch plus it has an audio in socket and Micro-USB charger socket - that is all. A red LED indicates charging is taking place and when the battery is getting low you get a synthesised voice warning plus there is a blue LED to indicate Bluetooth status.

The build quality of this unit is very high - the aluminium finish and the black speaker ends are flawless and it feels just the right weight. The design means that most tablets, phones and other devices will fit on the ledge at the front of the stand. In terms of size it isn't pocketable but will easily fit in briefcase or rucksack and it's ideal for a desk.

The sound is very good indeed and lived up to my expectations - it is clear, spacious and has a good bass response considering its size. No, it won't shake your walls, but it will deliver a very listenable and satisfying sound up to a considerable volume easily filling an average room. I also found that placement of the speaker stand is quite critical, and if the sound reflects off a wall the bass tends to be even better. The thing I do like is that it makes your iPad in to a high quality mini cinema screen. The iPad sits so well on the speaker stand in landscape orientation and because the speakers are on either side of it and output quality sound the results are very good and realistic.

I really like this portable Bluetooth speaker stand because of its build and sound quality plus usability at a very reasonable price. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT Bluetooth speaker, 18 Nov. 2014
I have to say, this is a GREAT Bluetooth speaker, the sound is very clear and has a good bass response. Plus being a stand as-well, you can stand you phone or tablet in it and watch a movie from your device and listen to the sound coming out of the Bluetooth speakers. The design is great, its a good solid build and its stylish, so it will fit in anywhere. Idea to use in your home office or in your back yard when your having a BBQ. Overall, i highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good and loud., 16 Dec. 2013
Speakers arrived earlier than expected and were well packaged. There was some charge in the speakers but i decided to give them a full charge anyway, turned them on and connected straight away to my S4 then tried my Samsung Note tablet same again connected straight away. Positioned the speakers at one end of my house and my phone at the other end worked well even through the walls, nice and loud and never missed a beat so i am very happy with my purchase. A couple of days after the speakers arrived i got an email from LuguLake checking that the speakers were working and i had no problems with the product and giving me an email address and phone number i could use to contact them if there was a fault so i think the customer service is really good as well and i would certainly buy from LuguLake again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best wireless Bluetooth speaker for the price!, 17 Sept. 2014
Really enjoying this speaker, and here are the reasons why...

1. Firstly the build and design of it are spot on, it looks nice and feels premium
2. Set up literally took about 5 seconds, just switched it on and searched for Bluetooth devices on my S5 and was connected right away.
3. Sound quality on this is great, it's especially useful for when there is more than one person watching something on say a tablet. The max volume on the standard speakers of any smartphone/tablet doesn't even come close.
4.The dock/stand slot is really nice touch, you don't have to hold or try to place your smartphone/tablet somewhere like with other speakers, it just sits comfortably on the dock.

Can definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed!!, 20 Feb. 2014
Wonderful product!! I bought this as a gift for my partner to use with his Samsung galaxy s4 he loves it we also now use it with the iPad whilst watching films! Beautiful clear sound and last a long time with the charge!! Would recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars LuguLake speakers, 15 Jan. 2014
Great little speakers. Pack some punch for something so small. No distortion or interference with great tone and clarity. Recommended. Ordered on Monday delivered Wednesday morning....super service