5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!
Published 7 months ago by Carol Curtis

3.0 out of 5 stars It packed up....
Well it is a nice piece of kit, worked well and i was happy with it until it stopped taking a charge.

I decided to try another brand as i hadn't heard of 'LugaLake' I only went with 'LugaLake' on reviews and believe it or not the replacement (different brand) also packed up! - I'm not having much luck ;(
Published 3 months ago by Paul

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: LuguLake Portable Bluetooth Speaker, With Stand / Dock , Wireless Stereo Speaker Built-in 3.5mm Aux Port For IPhone 5S, 6, IPad Air, IPod, Samsung Galaxy S5, Mobile Phones, Tablets, PC, Laptops, Ultrabook, MP3 Players (Coffee) (Electronics)
I live some of the time in Malta and I ordered this on the UK website. My original order couldn't be delivered to Malta so I contacted Lugalake and they suggested ordering the different colour coming through Amazon. I did so on their advise and I received my speaker within 2 days of ordering. So immediately I was impressed with their service. When the speaker arrived, it already had some charge so I was able to immediately connect my iPad via Bluetooth. I watch TV on my iPad but my husband, due to only partial hearing, cannot hear the iPad speakers very well and misses a great deal of the dialogue. With my new speaker, he now hears everything! I have also tried it with my iPod and iPod touch and it is fantastic with them as well. The speaker comes with a USB charger which is the same connection as the one I have for my Samsung mobile so I can use my mains charger as well. In addition you have a speaker lead, for non Bluetooth devises, so I can plug this straight into the speaker and then into my digi recorder to playback recordings. Extremely useful as I am in a ladies harmonising choir and we can now all listen to the rehearsals that I record to see how we are sounding. I am so happy that I chose this speaker over any another and am equally impressed with the thoughtful service of Lugalake and Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the reviews say it is!, 28 Jun 2014
Paul Madge (Uk) - See all my reviews
I wondered if this LuguLake Bluetooth speaker unit would be as good as the reviews suggested it would be. I am using it with my iPad and Nokia Lumia smartphone.

To start with the presentation is very good - the device comes in an attractive gift box with the speaker unit, Micro USB lead for charging, audio jack lead for non-Bluetooth devices and instructions. It's very easy to connect your device and in my case no passcode was required. The only control on the unit is a slider on/off switch plus it has an audio in socket and Micro-USB charger socket - that is all. A red LED indicates charging is taking place and when the battery is getting low you get a synthesised voice warning plus there is a blue LED to indicate Bluetooth status.

The build quality of this unit is very high - the aluminium finish and the black speaker ends are flawless and it feels just the right weight. The design means that most tablets, phones and other devices will fit on the ledge at the front of the stand. In terms of size it isn't pocketable but will easily fit in briefcase or rucksack and it's ideal for a desk.

The sound is very good indeed and lived up to my expectations - it is clear, spacious and has a good bass response considering its size. No, it won't shake your walls, but it will deliver a very listenable and satisfying sound up to a considerable volume easily filling an average room. I also found that placement of the speaker stand is quite critical, and if the sound reflects off a wall the bass tends to be even better. The thing I do like is that it makes your iPad in to a high quality mini cinema screen. The iPad sits so well on the speaker stand in landscape orientation and because the speakers are on either side of it and output quality sound the results are very good and realistic.

I really like this portable Bluetooth speaker stand because of its build and sound quality plus usability at a very reasonable price. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars LuguLake "BT 10" Bluetooth Speaker: A Critical Review., 13 July 2014
Andre Lawrence (Miami, Florida) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Length:: 6:10 Mins

The "BT 10" is one of most elegant of wireless speakers I have seen in some time.

This Bluetooth speaker is also doubles as external, wired speaker for your older analog or mobile devices with a 3.5mm jack.

This review unit is a "brown" but is more like a pearlized bronze.

The speaker features:

* 8" x 2" and has a built-in tablet holder in the front.

* Two 3-watt speakers on the left and right.

* Bluetooth 3.0 (or roughly 50' of wireless connectivity)

* Micro usb and 3.5mm cable

* 1000 mAh internal battery (for a 4.5- 6 hrs of use, depending on the loudness and use of other features.)

***
In the accompanying video, I play a few random tracks to give you an idea of the sound reproduction of this unit.

On the whole, the unit is a very good set that is NOT bass-centric. What this means is that the speaker is very versatile if you like a broad-range of music from time to time. But, if you listen to bass-heavy music exclusively, the speaker probably won't appeal to you. But, for me this is a positive because I know this kind of speaker typically has less noise distortion at the lower frequencies and reproduces vocals more accurately.

Another thing that should be pointed out is that this speaker by a newly, formed private audio company is marketed toward consumer-grade/ budget-friendly/ mass market division.

Every once and a while, I'll get a question about how does this device stack up against this or that.

There are three grades of electronics:

Consumer
Prosumer
Professional.

Most of the devices on Amazon are for the consumer market, with an equal amount shared between the Prosumer division and the Professional division. The standards (like the price) are much higher as you go up the line.

But, this "consumer" grade device is well made, the sound is very good and its elegant design means that it fits nicely with your better audio equipment or cellular devices and not like those gaudy, kiddy-ish looking products that offers little in the way of value for the buck.

This device is a winner.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nicely designed portable bluetooth speaker., 9 Aug 2014
I was looking for a small bluetooth speaker to boost my poor speakers coming from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7, this was a perfect fit with the main attraction being the stand at the front to hold the tablet and added bonus is it also looked great. I read a number of the reviews and took the plunge.

The Good.

1. Looks great with a brushed aluminum looking design, feels very sturdy and overall i was very pleased on first impressions.
2. It fits my 7.7 inch tablet very well, anything bigger than an iPad air would probably hang over the sides but thats nothing major.
3. The sound produced is very nice with a great mix, it doesn't distort either at maximum volume, note the volume is controlled via your tablet or phone, nothing is on the device to control volume.
4. From what i can see it will last a good 8hrs with HD video playback and playing music etc, it will drain faster depending how loud you have the volume.

The Bad.

1. Maximum volume may not be enough for some, it goes loud but not very loud, i played everything movies wise on maximum volume, anything less was pretty poor from my experience. A volume control on the actual speaker might be helpful in the future.
2. The supplied charging USB lead is very short, i had to leave the speaker on the floor next to the wall its that short.
3. I had a few issues with lip sync when watching my movies that i have downloaded, it didn't make a difference if these were streamed or played locally from the tablet it was generally a second out of sync. Having read up this could be a number of things and maybe not fault of the speaker but i thought i would mention it.
4. A humming noise can be heard when the speaker is turned on, i have experienced this previously with other bluetooth speakers but this is a little louder than normal but nothing i can't handle, may bother others though.

Overall i would recommend this at its current price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Outstandingly Brilliant., 13 Aug 2014
Glenn Cook (South Cave, near Hull UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Like quite a few fellow reviewers I received this set to test and review.

I have taken my time and used it frequently.

It is excellent and I can read that I am not the only one that has formed this opnion.

It looks really smart.
I cannot emphasise how important this is.

Often I have received a great sound set of speakers that look like they have been designed in an arthritic pottery class (and yes I have arthritis).
Some devices look so off the wall and weird a kitsch collector would keep them in an enclosed cabinet with a double lock!
they look like someone has been hitting them with an ugly stick!

These looks really good.

BUT the sound is the thing.
just like Frank Zappa- he may look strange but boy could he make great music.

The Bass was excellent even with Thin Lizzy Live (and Dangerous) and Frank Zappa Tinsel Town Rebellion along with the Best band you Never Heard in Your Life'.

Other music like Goldfrappe and Scritti Polliti sounded excellent.
But the reading by Stephen Fry of the Harry Potter series of books was excellent too.

Now when we combined the speaker with my sons I pad to watch Game of Thrones it brought a whole new brilliant dimension to the viewing experience.

Winter may be coming but this device should be on everyone's Christmas wish List.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb design and impeccable sound reproduction, 31 July 2014
Dolphin (Stuck inside a cloud) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Length:: 4:09 Mins

I have had a chance to evaluate several portable Bluetooth speakers recently and one has to applaud the creativity shown in the design department. This combination wireless speaker and tablet holder is at the top of the class for sound reproduction, sheer good looks and the added usefulness of accommodating a range of tablets. It isn't the loudest speaker I have seen, probably because it is clearly designed to offer a mini-theatre experience when watching musical videos or movies.

The body is aluminium, so it is relatively light but designed to be stable. The metallic finish is very attractive and does not readily show fingerprints. The model I received for evaluation is described as "coffee" but looks to me more like gunpowder grey. It is a very elegant, sombre shade that would fit in anywhere. Included are a USB cable for battery recharging and a 3.5 mm cable for connection to non-Bluetooth devices.

The minimal commands are contained in a small plastic panel at the back. There is an ON/OFF sliding switch, the USB port and an auxiliary 3.5 mm jack. Volume and other operating functions are controlled from the device it is connected to. The two 3Watt individual speakers are located at either end of the tube, and combine to produce a lovely, warm sound that is loud enough for the average room, distortion-free and well balanced between bass and treble. I found that placement is important. Changing the unit orientation within a room allows you to select the best reproduction and, naturally, the surface it sits on plays a part.

Connectivity was easy and immediate. I tested it with a laptop running Windows 8.1, my Kindle Fire HD and a friend's iPad. You access your device's Bluetooth settings, turn on the LaguLake speaker and a couple of glugs later, it is recognized as HD-13001. It is compatible with a large range of devices, probably more than the ones identified, actually. And the 3.5 mm jack means that it should work with basically anything with that capability. Operating range was better than average, even across stone walls and the advertised battery life of 8 hours is very accurate.

I could only find two shortcomings, both minor: (1) the speaker does not work while the battery is being recharged; and (2) the groove holds your tablet in a fixed position, so that the viewing angle cannot be adjusted. This speaker surpassed my expectations and I cannot overemphasize how attractive it looks. It is packaged in a beautiful blue velveteen jewel case and would make an impressive gift. At this mid-range price level, it represents very good value because the quality is certainly high-end.

5.0 out of 5 stars LuguLake speakers, 15 Jan 2014
Great little speakers. Pack some punch for something so small. No distortion or interference with great tone and clarity. Recommended. Ordered on Monday delivered Wednesday morning....super service

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Bluetooth speaker / stand combination for mini home cinema, 8 July 2014
OMG! It's got a plug! - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Sound wise, ignore the list of devices that this is compatible with in the product description because it will work with any device that has either Bluetooth capability or a 3.5mm headphone socket. Bearing in mind that it is a stand and not a dock (you cannot charge a device from it) it works best with 7"-10" devices where you get the benefit of a larger screen. My iPad slots perfectly into the groove and it's held firmly in place.

It sounds good given that the speakers are at the side of the stand and although it won't fill a room, it goes loud enough. There are better sounding Bluetooth speakers in this price range (46.99 at the time of writing) and below but the real advantage is the combination of the speaker with a stand. If you're cooking in the kitchen you can use this to watch TV or, best of all (for me at least!), when washing-up sit it on the window sill and watch TV. It looks stylish, charges within two hours and the battery lasts a reasonable 8 hours. If you're going to be using a handheld device to watch TV then this is the Bluetooth speaker to get but, if you're after a speaker solely for listening to music, I'd suggest looking elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 July 2014
Fantastic speakers ! Quick delivery, easy to install , great value ! Highly recommended

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice speaker, 8 April 2014
M. Nuttall (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
Ordered this after reading all the reviews and it has lived up to them. I was slightly worried about the usb charging but found plugging the provided usb lead in to my ipad adaptor plug worked. The only slight annoyance is that the blue light flashes all the time which can be irritating if you are using it as a stand in a darker room.
I haven't yet received any communications from the company as other reviewers have said.
I ordered this on Amazon Prime and it didn't arrive the next day, when i complained I was told that Prime is next day from the day of dispatch !