Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 26 October 2013
I really enjoyed the second installment of Slow burn probably a bit more than the first. I read this in one sitting as yet its another book I couldn't put down.
My addiction to zombie/dysotonian reads is definitely getting worse, but what makes it special is when you find a book or series you love. Slow Burn has definitely become another favorite for me.

We continue to follow Zed and Murphy after they have been cast out from the safety of the soldiers because they are "infected" and Murphy goes looking for his family. I love the twist that they can walk among the dead and that there maybe more humans with a "slow burn".
In book 2 we are introduced to another character Mandi a younger girl who they rescued. She adds extra female interest and brings a nice balance to the new group and she is so relatable and fits in well.
The clever twist is Zed and his mobile keeping in contact with Amber and Stephanie hopefully book threes proposed storylines. New interesting character Russell makes fascinating interest and keeps on your toes.

Despite not as fast paced as the first; it allows us to get to know more about the main characters in much more depth. Bobby has a great sense of humour emanating from these two guys; with some funny and comical banter between them. Both Zed, Murphy, Russell and Mandi are well developed characters and I really love Zed the hero with a heart of gold.

Another unique twist is that Zombies behavior is evolving into dangerous pack mentality for extra thrills and just when you think book two is rounding up with some great ideas and their plans of the future; Ambers frantic call pulls the hero Zed to go and find her. Wow what a cliffhanger Bobby kept some fab storylines open; teasing us for book three.

Highly recommended zombie read with some unique twists from others in the genre. Definitely read book one first to get the full plot.

Brilliantly written and I cant wait for book three...hurry!
Keepem coming Bobby!
on 11 July 2016
This is a very good book, because it follows straight on from the first, I suggest you read them in order

I never tell the plot of a book I Revue as I do not like to spoil any one's enjoyment.

The book is full of action and you will like some of the people and others not so much.
It is different from other Zombie books.
on 21 March 2016
Like Bobby Adair says, no going over old details from book one, it was straight back into the action. I love that as it bores me rigid ploughing through stuff I already know. Great book. Really hooked. Can not wait to get started on book 3.
on 1 November 2014
A good solid read - the greatest compliment you can pay an author is that you pay for his books after reading one for free, which is what I'm doing. A fun twist on the zombie genre, where the main character is a sufferer from the same virus, giving him certain freedoms to walk among them, but also creating tensions with the unaffected humans he meets. (Hey, you would, wouldn't you?)

Just a note that these books are episodic, not standalone, a trick I don't like but which is increasingly popular among indie authors. So if you want the whole story, you'll need to read all five.
on 28 February 2014
Love it. The characters say and do things that you don't see very often in zombie stories which kind of makes it more real and relevant to the average reader. I just hope that in reading all these end of the world books I will have an advantage and survive the apocalypse lol. oh and I just read this one in about 2/3 hours so it's definitely worth reading. on to the third one then!
on 3 April 2014
I bought this just to give it a go - but didn't really have my heart in it. I didn't read the book for a few months...by which time, Bobby had brought out 3 more in the series. So I decided to give it a go - OMG!!! THIS IS A BRILLIANT SERIES!!! I hate writers that put several exclamation marks after sentences but I just had to with this series.

Slow Burn basically means that the sufferer caught the virus - but didn't change into a zombie! They can move about with the other zombies, (carefully that is), which puts a great spin on the whole zombie apocalypse genre. This series is a great read and I cannot recommend it highly enough - although it did have quite a few mistakes...but I am not upset about them because the books were so good
on 24 August 2014
This is a bargain. I read the first Slow Burn, which was free, and then bought this, and the following two, as soon as I had finished. I'll back up what every other reviewer said. Exciting, pacey, great ideas, some degree of character building and more. Perhaps just shading into five stars because of the price - I've got two Kindle books on sale and now feel a little guilty about the prices I charge - but I doubt anyone will be disappointed.

Buy the series. Well worth it.

Well done, Bobby.
on 16 June 2014
I started this book at about 3AM as soon as I finished the first book. I just couldn't wait till the next day! I finally made myself go to sleep at about 4.30AM but I could easily have stayed up until I finished! Yes it's that good, only criticism, I wish it was longer!
The characters are excellently written, the plot has an unusual twist for a Zombie book and it is so nice to read a book in this genre written by someone with a high level of intelligence and a decent grasp of the English language.
A must read!
on 6 July 2014
Absolutely brilliant! Loved book one and this was just as good, if not better. I couldn't put it down. This is a whole new take on the undead for me, especially the element of Zed, Murphy and Jerome being infected and so in danger from both the infected and uninfected. The style is easy to read and flows well, the action is exciting and the story is gripping. I'm already reading book three.
on 15 June 2014
The book is hard to put down , which says allot about is story line and pace. It's a joy to read and I like the fact that the infected take a more realistic time to take hold ie not overnight. I highly recommend this book. I have enjoyed it so much I am going onto the next book asap. Thanks for the great entertainment this series of books giving me. A big Fan.