on 17 April 2014
The game is absolutely beautiful, the story grips you, and the combat will keep you on your toes at all times as you unleash awesome combos. Though I have some gripes with the game. Sometimes you have no indication as to how to progress while platforming, in spite of white blue markers indicating points that you can hold on to. Sometimes puzzles contain new mechanics that have not yet been introduced or explained - although you can unlock a hint at the cost of the XP reward you would have otherwise gained for solving the puzzle. And once I encountered a bug that was gamebreaking for me until I found the solution online. I've lost count of how many times I had to look up online where to go next or what to do next in order to progress.

Pros: Awesome and hectic, yet fair, combat. Great story. Breathtaking scenery and graphics. Interesting puzzles.
Cons: Lack of direction sometimes - be prepared to use walkthroughs just to beat the game. Near game breaking bug years after its release.

I'd recommend this to anyone who loves beat-'em-ups, vampires and werewolves, and, of course, fans of the original Castlevania series - it's not -that- different from the originals.
One of the best action games for the last years.
And this includes the DLCs of the original game, the nice remake of Mirror of Fate and Lords of shadows 2 demo.
Surelly worth the money.
Recomended.
on 30 November 2013
Castlevania Lords of Shadow is a compelling entry into the series, and if you haven't played any Castlevania games previous to this, there's no harm in starting with this one. The voice acting and story that drive the game are excellent, and all the puzzles and platforming are joy to play.

However this so called collection is not really worth the money, if all the extra's where on the disc then I would have snapped this up in hurry, what you have is Castlevania Lords of Shadow on disc, and all the DLC and the Mirror of Fate game are a mere voucher, which is extremely disappointing to say the least, why re-release the game at all if all the extra content is not on disc.

This is not a Collection like it says on the box, Castlevania Lords Of Shadow with vouchers would have been a more accurate description to write on the box.
on 20 October 2014
Great game, unfortunately, the disc only includes the original game; literally.
You'll be required to download and install 5GB of content to enjoy the all additional features advertised in the packaging, as soon as you pop the code on PSN.
on 25 February 2016
No DLC inside the game disc.
Someone like me, without adsl broadband it's like a pain in the back.
I have to download it from cross street. I repeat myself it's a shame of bundle.
BUY THE ORIGINAL for less price.
on 4 May 2014
A different modern take on the Castlevania franchise that I really like, now with all the released expansions & the Mirror of Fate sequel, it's worth the money.
on 25 June 2014
There's really not much to say; if you like the franchise then I urge you buy this game and enjoy! :)
on 10 July 2014
Have enjoyed playing this game.
on 3 December 2013
Let me start off by saying that rating a product 1 star simply because dlc that is included is on voucher form is nuts. Knocking off an entire 4 stars?! The reviewer even stated its a great game so im not sure how they can justify giving it 1 star simply because of download vs on disc dlc.
Anyway...this is simply a view to the collection product, not the base game. For 25 quid this is a complete steal. The base game still sells for between 15-20 quid. Each each of dlc is about 7 quid and the mirror of fate hd edition cost about 10 quid so ill leave you to do the math. Plus you get a demo of the soon to be released Lords of Shadow 2!
The collection is prob aimed at people who didn't pick the game up originally (shame on you!) and collectors. I myself have the original game and dlc but when I heard this was coming out at about the same time as mirror of fate hd I jumped at the chance. Im one of 'those' collectors. Both pieces of dlc are story related and not just filler though the last one is in my opinion, the weaker but in this day and age its nice to have story dlc. Mirror of fate is love it or hate it I guess. Marking it by a 2d castlevania standard its not amazing. Just average. but as a game and a 10 pound one at that its pretty good! Remember it cost 30 quid on 3ds so again its a real steal! Fills in the story between LoS 1 and 2.
The one and only tiny gripe I had with it is the manual. The original one when the game first came out is now replaced with a simple 4 page one that has controls and warrenty info. Bit of a shame as it used to have character info etc. Like a manual of old! Any gamer worth his weight knows what I mean. but times are changing I guess and these new 'manuals' are now the standard.
This is a great product at a great price and its a 3d castlevania that is finally fun again. We're talking the old skool n64 3d castlevanias here, not the ps2 ones. Go get it!!
44 comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 July 2016
Happy with the game, it's not easy to start with but if you do it on easy mode it's really good!
One thing I not happy about it is that you can't move the camera!!