4.0 out of 5 stars Good book but...
Published 1 month ago by Marie-Jeanne

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
not very good at pinpointing locations/pictures etc
Published 4 months ago by shots

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book but..., 11 Nov 2014
Lonely planet guidebooks are great and this one is no exception however, after comparing with what was available in the Japan guidebook's Tokyo section (that I already have), there was not much point in getting this book. I was expecting it to go a little more in depth, but it is about the same (one or two extras) only in a different format. Great if you are only going to Tokyo and want a small book to carry around but if you are planning a trip around Japan just get the GB book instead.

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy Guide, 24 Feb 2014
Really handy guide to have while out and about! Gives a good overview on the various areas, which is great to have while you're there and looking for new things to explore in a specific area!
The pull out map wasn't particularly useful to be honest (streets etc not named), but the little maps prove sufficient.
Also, the index is quite poor & doesn't make it easy to search for things 'off the cuff' but all in all a good handy accessory for traveling around Tokyo!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent addition to my journey, 31 Aug 2014
Great book, separated out into sections for each area, with separate sections at the back for best walks/best architecture etc. Each location section split into things to do, shopping, restaurants etc. Very useful overall, and some great hints for what to do in each area. Was used a lot on my holiday. Map wasn't great, but Tokyo is so huge it would be hard to include a useful map. Coupled with the free tripadvisor app, it got me around Tokyo with ease!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need in one book, 27 April 2014
I brought this book for my up coming trip and its full information and locations to visit, i was not expecting it to be this helpful. a must if you going to tokyo.

4.0 out of 5 stars I used this extensively on my 2-week trip to tokyo..., 30 April 2014
Brannstrom Goran "Goran" (Sweden) - See all my reviews
...that in itself was a sign of how good it is.

- It is small enough to go in yout pocket
- It has small maps inside which covers the area needed for each trip.
- You don't need a 3G subscription....

The only other things you need is the companion "Lonely Planet Japanese Phrasebook & Dictionary" and a subway map and you are good to go... :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars the format is great to carry around when out and about and I ..., 17 Oct 2014
I used this a lot on a recent trip to Tokyo, the format is great to carry around when out and about and I found the reviews and information on restaurants, shops and attractions to be really helpful. The author lives in Tokyo so I assume she has visited most of the places mentioned. The book is split into sections which represent different areas of the city, I like this format as you can quickly get to the pages relevant to where you are. Plenty of ideas for restaurants, shopping, walks etc. There is also a best of section which can give you a good basis for a visit plan if you are time limited. All in all a great little book which I would recommend, just wish she had written one for Kyoto.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good guidebook, easily fit into my pocket when required, 13 Aug 2014
Very good guidebook, easily fit into my pocket when required, and helped us find good places to eat in a pinch! The price rating on restaurants was very helpful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little book!, 4 May 2014
Eileen Murray - See all my reviews
Writing this on our last night in Tokyo! We found this book to be very useful during our stay. It's small enough to be kept in my handbag, very well written and quite comprehensive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy, 4 Dec 2013
Svend Johnsen - See all my reviews
Good map and many good hints. We used it to select sites to see and it was excellent for that

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it., 3 Jan 2014
Do not go to Tokyo without this book, its a must. It will fit in your bag, as its not to big and if you are a man it will fit in your pocket. Do not leave home without it.