4.0 out of 5 stars What the War was really like,
Interesting story kept the thread running through it with a couple of good twists! Would like to read more of his storie
Published on 9 Nov. 2012 by Alan Holt

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading but could have been so much better!
Published on 30 May 2013 by David Thompson

4.0 out of 5 stars What the War was really like,, 9 Nov. 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading but could have been so much better!, 30 May 2013
Becker, the main character must be the most unlucky man ever! If it could go wrong it would. Could have been a great book and as believable as those by Philip Kerr, Alan First etc. There was definitely a very good factual novel in here if you overlooked the rushed feel to it. Too much happened to one character in the time line of this. I'm not sure if I would read the next in the apparent series I suspect Vanke is planning. May appeal to the younger reader (of which I am far from)

2.0 out of 5 stars The Berlin Deception, 13 Mar. 2014
A. D. Myerthall (edinburgh scotland.) - See all my reviews
What a load of tosh, I seem to have read this book and several others that are so similar that they could have been written by the same person. I suspect one author and lots of different names being used.

5.0 out of 5 stars A captivating story, 24 Jan. 2014
I enjoyed spy novels back in the 1970s and 1980s during the cold war era. The passion for novels of that genre sort of waned in the 1990s. But my interest got revived with all that is going on in the world. Still, the ongoing of that era and before is richer. The Berlin Deception is one of the novels that rekindled my interest for spy novels. Its rich plot, historical perspective, intriguing characters and amazing setting did the job. Disciples of Fortune, and The Key to Rebecca, The Berlin Deception capped my stories of intrigue that I enjoyed.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great cliffhanger of WW2, 7 July 2014
This book perfectly captures the level of distrust spawned by the evil policies of the hierarchy of the third Reich, enacted by the Gestapo and SS. It highlights the foresight of Churchill and his supporters and the bravery of the Z network agents. Historically accurate yet depicting humanity at its best in the form of British secret agents and its worst in the actions of the SS and Gestapo. In short an excellent tale of cliffhanging suspense and human bravery. I hope to see the movie of the book very soon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Laborious, 13 April 2014
I ask myself " what was the point of this novel" I am waiting for something to happen and then it's the end. What a waste of time

4.0 out of 5 stars Non stop high voltage thriller, 19 April 2014
This book, excellent amongst many spy stories moves at a tremendous pace and makes a believable and highly complicated plot very real and somewhat frightening. The principle characters have more lives than nine cats which on occasion stretches credibility but still very exciting and impossible to put down once started!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just started to read the book, 30 May 2014
I have just started to read this book and I have found it very interesting. It gives me a break from all the academic study that I have been doing into my personal situation. So far I have only read the first chapter but I do intend to complete it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great beach read!, 29 Aug. 2014
I read this book on holiday and it perfectly fit the bill. Slow build up and a pulsating climax with several twists and turns. Also enjoyed authors historic notes which gave the tale some real context.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rattled along, 10 July 2015
While thus was a fictional book there was a lot of history in the pages. Very enjoyable read and will definitely read another by Jeffrey Vanke.

The Berlin Deception (Becker Series #1)