5.0 out of 5 stars A big step forward
Volbeat have exchanged their fast and furious Porsche 911 for a smoother but no less powerful Bentley Continental on this album, producing to my ears at least their most melodic, diverse album yet. Singer Michael Poulsen is in fine voice and there are enough riffs in here to satisfy anyone who likes their guitars turned up to 11. From the acoustic opener to the Sabbath...
Published 17 months ago by Big Jim

1.0 out of 5 stars rockstar
The start of this album I found funny. So yeah , you can pluck strings. Get on with it. They did and it very nearly made it out the car window. Mix a bit of Green day meets metalica meets shania twain ( track 11) with the singer sounding like Mid ure . Like the sound of that ? Buy it !!!!
Published 12 months ago by D. Lang

‹ Previous | 15 6 710 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!!!!!, 22 Aug 2013
A good mix of rock & metal sounds - Can't believe I only heard of Volbeat 4 weeks ago!! Fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking Album!, 22 Aug 2013
I heard the single on Planet Rock. Just a cracking album! One of the best that I have bought recently. Go on, give it a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars Volbeat, 22 Aug 2013
Bought the album after hearing Lola Montez on Planet Rock - where rock lives. Glad I did, coz it's great =)

5.0 out of 5 stars Outlaw Gentlemen And Shady Ladies, 22 Aug 2013
J. R. Wilde "eclecticJez" (Herfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
If listening to the (DAB) radio is to be believed, VolBeat came into existence with the track "Lola Montez" - albeit one of the catchiest tracks I've heard for many a year - but after listening to this album a few times, you'll come to appreciate that almost the entire album is full of gems (several just as pleasingly memorable). You'll also come to realise that there's no "selling out" (I really hate the term, even if I understand the sentiment - all bands want and, to a vary large extent, need to be successful to survive, even Hawkwind needed to make a living!), as the lyrics are still tight, the band tighter still and the music raunchy. This album may signify a level of maturity for VolBeat whereby they aren't worried about producing metal that appeals to more than just metal fans - I sincerely hope so as this is a Band and album of quality that deserves a wider exposure and audience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great variety!, 17 Aug 2013
After hearing Lola Montez on Planet Rock I bought the album, hadn't been aware of Volbeat before this, think it's a great album with some classics - My Body and Doc Holliday

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 Aug 2013
A work mate told me about this band, it is excellent stuff, I will definitely get more of the albums.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent cd, 5 Aug 2013
this band is awsom after hearing lola montez i bought this cd and now got tickets to see them live.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 28 July 2013
Brilliant live act I was converted at Download and cam home and immediately bought their albums. Particularly like Cape of our Hero, Lola Montez, Sinner is You and Lonesome rider

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG, 25 July 2013
Vixx H "vixx811" (Cannock, Staffs) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
BRILLIANT - I love this CD, obviously Lola Montez is the number 1 track, really rockin, but make sure you give all the other tracks a good listen. This album is the story of various characters in a Western town, so have a good look at the song words. This is an amazing album and I shall be buying more Volbeat music. You should have seen the looks I got as I drove along playing this CD in my MX5 ( with the top down).

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb album, 25 July 2013
Great album. Influences of Metallica are evident on this spaghetti-western themed album. But listen a few times, and a number of influences are evident. I only found out about them following Download. This album should be a watershed for them.

‹ Previous | 15 6 710 | Next ›

Outlaw Gentlemen & Shady Ladies
Outlaw Gentlemen & Shady Ladies by Volbeat (Audio CD - 2013)