5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent **Updated**
I recently had to RMA my trusty HX1000 power supply after 4 and a half years of hard use. Corsair sent me the RM1000 as a replacement since the HX1000 has been discontinued and I thought I would leave a review on here for those thinking of buying this PSU.
This is a solid improvement over my old PSU as it is now fully modular and is also 80+ Gold efficiency rated, my...
Published 10 months ago by Traffic

1.0 out of 5 stars Look at you batch NUMBER
Faulty batchs have been sold via amazon even though CORSAIR have recalled these back. I recieved one with a faulty batch number. I contacted corsair they were willing to send one that has been produced latter on the year which fixes the issues of the fan never spining. But i just got a refund from amazon and bought EVGA 850 Supernova instead.

If you are BUYING...
Published 2 months ago by A. Abbas

‹ Previous | 1 2 321 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Good, but if it breaks while under warranty... ouch., 22 Jan. 2015
All in in all I suppose it's a decent PSU, but mine broke after only 5-6 months of casual use. Generally I wouldn't complain because I understand that sometimes things just break. I already paid £130 for this PSU. In order to get a replacement I had to pay an additional £40+ to ship it to Corsair in the Netherlands. I just feel that I shouldn't have to pay the postage to send a faulty piece of equipment back to the manufacturer in order for them to send me a replacement. I've dealt with many other companies that pay the postage for RMA's and it is a standard of service that I expect which Corsair does not provide.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant and reliable PSU, 13 Oct. 2014
I must admit before I start this review, I am a bit of a corsair fanboy. My PSU, RAM and closed loop water cooling system are all Corsair.

I have used the CS series before, but opted for the RM this time for a few reasons which are the fully modular set up, 80 plus Gold rating and the partial Corsair link support. As well as all the cables in this pack are all flat for easy cable management.

I also bought the RM 1000 so I had a PSU which would last me at least a few years and as you enthusiasts know that is a long time in terms of tech and as I like to add to my set up frequently I feel this will be part of my "ongoing build" for a while.

I think the main selling point for me was the zero rpm fan until it hits 40% load which only happens when I push it whilst gaming these days. Other than that it is silent so when I do everyday browsing and production it doesn't kick in which is a massive difference than other PSU I have had in the past.

In short, I would say it is worth the investment for any dual GPU card user like myself who is prone to overclocking. Plus the 5 year warranty gave me that little push to get it.

The price is going down thanks to the AX series so it is worth saving that little bit more for this unit.

My only negative with this is that the Corsair link support is only partial, but I only monitored fan speeds and voltage to tweak fan curves with this feature so I feel it is harsh but something worth mentioning.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good, strong option for smaller builds., 27 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Corsair CP-9020053-UK RM Series RM550 80 Plus Gold 550W ATX/EPS Fully Modular Power Supply Unit (Accessory)
This is a very good power supply. Corsair quality is something I do love and, as nothing has gone wrong with this, I can only assume it extends to their RM power supply series. The fan definitely doesn't spin up until it's needed, meaning it's very quiet. Unless I'm really stressing the PC, it doesn't make a sound. 550W is more than enough power for a locked CPU (probably best to go with more watts if you want to overclock), a couple of drives and GTX 970. Obviously you aren't going to be sticking in 3 GPUs, overclocking your i7 4790k to 5.0GHz and piling 40TBs of storage onto this thing. If you are, you're going to have a bad time. This is meant for smaller builds where you won't use more than 1 graphics card. Perfect for HTPCs and M-ITX builds.

It's not without its downsides. The cables are very stiff and I thought the 24pin cable was a little short. For me, not an issue as it's in an ITX build but I'm not sure there would be much slack in a standard ATX case. I can't 100% say that "it's too short for an average case!" because I haven't tried it, but my eagle eye tells me it might be a tight fit.

Either way, it fits my needs perfectly and Amazons service is a good as usual.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't fault it -- so I won't!, 23 Nov. 2014
Really pleased with this fully modular unit, as it makes chopping and changing easy and is well worth keeping as you upgrade. I didn't have any trouble plugging the cables, none were loose or fell out as has been reported by some, and none were too stiff -- if there was a slight exception, it was the 24-pin, which went in with a bit of left then right, left then right, as I eased it down. The cables themselves are a bit stiff, but I didn't mind, though longer cable ties might have been handy inplaces to manage them -- but that's too insignificant to worry about. Had everything I needed including molex adapters for an extra case fan -- and of course to light up the Asus logo on the front of my tower :)

Most of the time the fan is idle, so it's silent and the only slight electrical whine I get is clearly from the CPU. The only sound I get now (when not gaming) is the air rush from my Noctua case fans. Will I ever get a 'silent PC' ? Still working on it, but the RM750 seems a good start among its other benefits. Oh, it looks rather neat and I liked the grippy fitting screws that come with it -- wouldn't want it to shake lose onto the mobo or gpu!

I should add that the cables that come with it include 2 x spilttable (6+2 = 6 or 8 pin) PCI, so you have 2 x 6, 1 x 6 + 1 x 8, or 2 x 8 options for your GPU, out of the box.

4.0 out of 5 stars No problems with the unit but cables too stiff ., 23 Jan. 2015
Mr. M. J. Orme (Swadlincote, Derbyshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Up and running with no problems and very quiet .Not for the first time PC builder with the full modulars system for the cables .And the cables are the biggest problem . They are a very hard plastic and it is hard to do a good job of tidying up the case when they are fitted . Even though they all snap in to the sockets I still found a couple had flipped out when adding the cables ties included .

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice PSU for a great price, 6 Nov. 2014
Nice power supply, I was upgrading from a BE Quiet unit as I was worried about it struggling with a new graphics card, and also because I really wanted a fully modular PSU.

The unit itself is very smart, arrives in a nice box.

The fan doesn't turn on under normal load which is a bit off putting but sure enough everything is working fine anyway. Would really like to have the corsair controller add-on to see what it;s up to but cant see me swinging that by the boss any time soon :)

The cables provided are nice, neat, black and pretty inflexible, this proved a problem even with my large case but at least they are a nice uniform black, even if you cant shove them into any nooks to hide them they are a lot better looking than the red/yellow/black ones you normally get.

You get a good selection of cables, I didn't use them all even with 5 sata devices and numerous fans in the case.

Overall pleased, utterly silent and installed with no issues at all, love the little touches like cable ties and screws being included

4.0 out of 5 stars Missing C-link cable for lower end PSU, 23 Aug. 2014
very quiet, the only gripe was the missing C-link cable that you can plug in to show the usage graphics (havn't been able to get one in UK ), corsair said they were only available with the 1000 version. I suggested to corsair they take out the 3 1/2 floppy disc cable and replace it with a c-link - internal USB so you can use the PSU to its full potential

5.0 out of 5 stars Usual corsair service.., 16 Nov. 2014
Lord Dan (Lincolnshire, England) - See all my reviews
My RM750 unfortunately died after 2 months of usage. However, within the decade of using Corsair products this is only the second time I've ever had a faulty PSU. In fact my original CX650 is still used in my office computer. Presenting my Amazon receipt to Corsair themselves prompted RMA, in which I had a replacement within a couple days, not bad for overseas service!

The product itself is great, being full modular means very little cabling. This is great because I was building a new system to go in an NZXT H440 and all my hardware sports a black and red theme. I wanted minimal cabling as the H440 has a decent window and I naturally wanted the system to look badass. The PSU's black finish and black cabling helps it blend in nicely where cable management was concerned.

I still have plenty of cables left over and I didn't experience a scenario where I was short of a certain cable either, however it's worth noting I run a single GPU, 1 SSD and 1 HDD. so my requirements are quite small.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 27 Nov. 2014
J. M. Osguthorpe "Amazon Reviewer" (Great Britian) - See all my reviews
I absolutely love this PSU!

It looks, feels, even smells top quality!

The fan is extremely quiet, the case feels like grade A material, the sockets are labelled and easy well located. It looks amazing in the rig, and even the rear of the rig you can see what PSU you've got in.

I would buy this again and again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with product, 8 Dec. 2014
I've bought two of these, one for my own machine, and one for my dads, and they've been running flawlessly.
The cables can be quite hard to get in and out of the corresponding sockets, but once they are there they wont move, and the stiffness means that they'll stay in place. Very happy with this product and would definitely recommend

‹ Previous | 1 2 321 | Next ›