4.0 out of 5 stars Great Power unit but cables are a bit stiff!
Published 5 months ago by slowhand818

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality could be higher
Its silent I have to give them that and also easy to work with being modular.
One of the cables was manufactured poorly and slid out of the plug - you would expected more from Corsair higher product line. Contacting Corsair also is not as smooth as you would expect.
Published 18 days ago by KK

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Power unit but cables are a bit stiff!, 18 Feb 2014
I would be giving this 5 stars as the power unit is great, and fully lives up to the claims for low noise emissions. Since the fan for the unit doesn't come on until the draw on the unit exceeds a pre set limit, it is eerily quiet when you start the machine. if you have a high end gaming machine or work with 3d model data then this is the power supply for you. The only niggle and it is a niggle, is that the cables which come in modular form are very stiff!. It makes it a bit tricky to fit if your case is a bit cramped. On the plus side it almost negates the use of cable ties, because once you bend them clear of any fans, they are staying put, even in an earthquake. Well worth the money for the build quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent **Updated**, 15 May 2014
Traffic (U.K.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I recently had to RMA my trusty HX1000 power supply after 4 and a half years of hard use. Corsair sent me the RM1000 as a replacement since the HX1000 has been discontinued and I thought I would leave a review on here for those thinking of buying this PSU.
This is a solid improvement over my old PSU as it is now fully modular and is also 80+ Gold efficiency rated, my previous unit was only rated at 80+. Design and build quality is very good as with most Corsair power supplies. I'm most impressed with the 0RPM technology which means it's pretty much silent all the time. Even when the fan does ramp up it's impossible for me to hear it.
The cables are flat and are very similar to the ones found with Corsair's AX series PSU's. Some other reviews have mentioned that the cable connections are a bit stiff and I did find this to be true with the 24 pin ATX connector but all of the others were fine.
This didn't bother me much as it just needs a little extra force applied for it to click into place.
The C-link cables are included in the 1000 watt version but I did not use/test this out so I'm not sure how useful it is.
I'm very pleased with this PSU as it currently powers my high performance workstation/gaming rig and it's completely stable and very quite!
-Highly recommended.

**Update (750w)**

I've just purchased the 750w version of this unit from amazon based on the strengths of the 1000w version and I can confirm it's every bit as good.
The only negative I can mention is that you don't get the complete C-Link dongle with this one only the 1000w version.
There is a slight price premium for this unit over some of other 750w PSU's available but I will say it's worth it due to features like gold efficiency rating, full modular design and 0RPM technology.
This unit is worth every penny and exudes quality. 5 stars again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Corsair RM 550 Excellent PSU, 27 Dec 2013
Core i5 4670
Gigabyte GA H87n WiFi
8 GB Kingston Hyper X
Samsung 840 EVO 120 GB
WD 1 TB Blue
Gigabyte GTX 760 Windforce
Bitfenix Recon with 4 fans
PSU reliably and quietly and with more than enough power to feed all the components

4.0 out of 5 stars Meets all my needs, 14 April 2014
This review is from: Corsair CP-9020055-UK RM Series RM750 80 Plus Gold 750W ATX/EPS Fully Modular Power Supply Unit (Accessory)
All the power I need and very quiet

my rig runs:
i74770k
2 x GTX 660 SC in SLI
Corsair H100i
SSD
1TB HD
7 fans
...and the usual items

More than enough juice in the RM750!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Silent, 29 Mar 2014
Never have I had such a silent and efficient power supply. There's no discernable electrical noise, the voltages are incredibly steady and I've yet to see the fan spin up under full load. That's with an AMD FX 8320 at 3.6GHz, an unlocked AMD HD 6950 2GiB, two large mechanical drives, two SSDs and about eight 120-140mm fans. If you want power without noise, this is the power supply for you.

The only small niggle was that they sent the wrong power cord with the device! Fortunately I had the one from my old power supply, but if you're buying this for a new build, pick up a generic 3-pin "kettle plug" (as my family always calls them) so you can power this device.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Deal, 9 April 2014
It works perfectly, is silent and connected to Corsair Link makes it a smart PSU, the full modular system saves space inside the cabinet leaving everything nice and tidy...suggested!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent PSU, 3 April 2014
Totally modular, excellent build quality.
Very quiet.
The cables are easy to handle and have a good length.

Can't fault it.

5.0 out of 5 stars silent, 11 May 2014
A. N. Fong - See all my reviews
It does what I want, powers my PC and does it silently. For me that's all a PSU needs to do and I suspect I'm not the only one.

5.0 out of 5 stars good product, 22 Mar 2014
after lots of reading reviews picked this and has been working fantastically, so much so i have not even had the fan on and working

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid and just does what it should., 8 Oct 2013
A bit expensive but in the 3 weeks since installed, it has been a solid performer and handled by sensitive Haswell chip without any issues or problems.