Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:51 Mins
Published 6 months ago by K. L. Wren

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised
Advert said 1.5 GB of DDR3 ram but when it arrived it stated clearly on the box DDR2 ram which is not as fast. Item sent back and as usual Amazon where excelent and refunded my account only hours after I handed it in at the returns site on a Sunday. Verv imprest.
Published 6 months ago by dav

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, easy to use, clear display - a brillant all-purpose tablet, 8 Jan 2014
K. L. Wren "K L Wren" (Herefordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8-inch - (Golden Brown, Wi-Fi) (Personal Computers)
Length:: 0:51 Mins

I'd been debating which tablet to buy for a few months, read every review I could find and finally chose this one when it was reduced to an unmissable bargain price. I am so pleased I did: from taking it out of the box and switching it on for the very first time it has been a joy to use. It arrived part-charged so I could use it straight away. I nearly missed the very tiny set up guide included at the bottom of the box which included instructions for finding the full, detailed set-up manual. However, it is all so intuitive to anyone familiar with a PC that it wasn't really necessary, but it highlighted features I might have otherwise overlooked.

By linking it with my Google account all of my bookmarks, contacts etc were automatically imported so I didn't need to do much at all to customise it - very different to setting up a new computer. Text entry is quick and easy with such a clear keypad along with predictive text input which really works - unlike that found on some phones which create a whole new and unique vocabulary! It also predicts the next word which makes for very speedy typing. If a word is mis-spelled then alternatives are shown for easy correction afterwards. For long memos this is a great feature.

The display is crisp and sharp and for middle-aged eyes I would definitely recommend the higher resolution 8" screen rather than the lower-resolution 7" version. The 10" is also good to view but is much less portable and less comfortable to hold. The 8" is a good in-between size combining the best of both tablets.

Connecting to the internet is easy. It quickly identifies available networks and can remember them along with passwords for rapid reconnection when switching on.

The 5mpx camera is good (for a tablet) with a fast auto focus, a bleep immediately before shooting a photo and video (portrait and landscape modes) is smooth and benefits from a pause feature which helps reduce the need for editing. There is no camera flash or video light. Indoors, the camera is less good at photographing moving subjects such as pets - really a flash is needed to prevent inevitable blur so it won't replace a separate camera but it's good for quick snapshots while out and about. The camera is at its best for shooting still scenes, outdoors in good light. It is also especially good for close-up shots and the quality surprised me - see my uploaded sample shots and the short sample video clip (the background noise is a roadside stream in a light breeze).

Everything about this tablet feels just right from the size to its quality build, fast performance, included useful apps and features. It's a personal organiser, alarm clock, data bank, camera, video player and recorder, music player (advise using headphones for better sound quality) and pretty much everything you could ever need or hope for from an electronic gadget.

There seem to be contradictory reports of battery life quoting from 6 -11 hours. Mine is new and used for mixed usage including camera, video, photo editing and web surfing all outdoors in chilly weather in a poor WiFi reception area, mine managed a good 8 hours. Recharging takes about 2-3 hours via mains so is very much faster than some brands. It's a pity it doesn't recharge via USB while connected to my PC though and has to be charged via the mains only, or so it seems.

This tablet has exceeded all of my hopes and expectations and I would buy the same again and recommend to anyone looking for a fast performing intuitive highly functional tablet which is also very enjoyable to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best tablet for the price., 29 Nov 2013
Bought the Tab3 8" from Amazon after playing around with the Nexus 7, Note 3 8" and IPad mini Retina at the local John Lewis store.
Even though the Tab 3 8" isn't as fast or quite as smooth as any of the above, the difference in performance is not that great. I have now been using it for 2 weeks and am completely pleased. Perfect for browsing, YouTube / IPlayer and email.
The shape and size make this a very easy tablet to live with. I can easily hold it in one hand.
A steal at 179.99.

(Note: I went for the brown but would recommend sticking to the white one. The brown is a finger print magnet)

5.0 out of 5 stars I adore my tablet, 17 Feb 2014
Made a terrible mistake in thinking I could buy a cheap tablet and recreate the satisfaction received when using a well built, established and swanky looking Samsung. My first foray was a smartphone. It was just great and definitely 'smart'. Then was offered a deal on a white tab3 from my mobile provider, which introduced me to tablet world. I was hooked. The practicality and ease of use was most appealing. Functionality and appearance simple and alluring. Ticked all the boxes missing when using a laptop/desktop. Even the battery was impressive.
I had every intention of keeping the tablet, until a sales discrepancy forced me to cancel the deal. Upset and fed up with sales people, I shopped around for something I could afford 'upfront'. Spent days reading reviews and then more reviews. What I ended up with, was a poor comparison. Half price or not, it just didn't offer what this can. The Samsung is a complete package. It has everything you need and space for more. It works beautifully imo. I understand photos from memory cards can take a few seconds to load sometimes, but I'm pretty sure that minute inconvenience doesn't negate the hundreds of pros the Samsung offers.

So obviously, the cheap imitation was returned and I bit the bullet and spent more than I should, on this Golden Brown edition. It came with the extra memory (such a pleasing bonus - extra memory is never bad) and for me the golden brown case is just beautiful. Preferred to black and white, full stop. Nothing works perfectly and there is always an app crash here or there, but people should know by now, that even apple products crash (I know, because I've used both) and it's more to do with apps than hardware. For me at this price, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 is a wonderful entry level to tablet computing. It doesn't have to be twice the price and 'the cooler choice'. For me the cooler choice is half the price and on a par. This tablet is definitely that.

The Samsung is affordable, a proper product, well built, well designed and dang fun to use. This review comes direct from the Samsung you are contemplating purchasing. Come over to the Golden Brown side. Come to us. Come to us.

Hope this helps and thanks for reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars my opinion, 22 Dec 2013
it's wonderfull, great resolution and sound........ (we're fans of android) quite handy, easy to use, nothing negative. Simply the best

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and functional, 16 Feb 2014
Samsung seem to have the edge on tablets ( In my opinion after using others)
Very smooth and robust. It has lots of features that I haven't taken advantages of yet, which brings me to the interface. It isn't as intuitive to use as others, I suppose no problem to samsung users but once I got used to it I think it is leaps ahead of the competition. Comes with lots of apps and features that make it well worth the little extra money. For me the size is perfect, not too big to handle easily and not too small to struggle with the screen size. Overall highly recommended. Other reviews seem a bit picky on this tablet but there you go??? ★★★★★

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible color design and technology in one., 15 Jan 2014
Incredible color design and technology in one.
Whether it is DDR2 or DDR3 does not matter because it is not caught Unlike our sensors. Design is incredible combined with Android Jelly bean 4.1 creates a good feeling to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 14 Jan 2014
Bought this for when I need to access the Internet quickly and it lives up to its abilities it's very quick and easy to use and high definition resolution. Love this tablet

4.0 out of 5 stars Device ok...Samsung are a joke, 27 Dec 2013
Ricieved my device ok...but firstly there was no free memory card, secondly there is a promotion going on I with Samsung that gives free 12 months accidental damage cover , however today is December 27th and that offer expired 2 months ago, so amazon I think you need to let customers know about this as it says clearly on the box " free accidental damage cover"...I actually blame samsung for having such a short timeframe to register, I'm pretty sure this device hasn't been out that long

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised, 22 Dec 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tablet., 13 Jan 2014
Had this tab a week now and I love it. I've got an iPhone but wanted to try the Android experience and this is just the job. Fits nicely in the hand and is a good weight. The screen is crystal clear and just the right sensitivity. Good sound as well. At first I was apprehensive about getting the brown one but the gold accents make it look really good and makes it look more expensive.

Only gripes I have are that it doesn't come with the two year manufacturers warranty as that expired in October 2013 so I've lost out there. The additional 16gb memory card was missing too but Amazon have offered me a partial refund in order to purchase a card separately, which I have just done.
I'd recommend this to anyone but be wary about the warranty, although Amazon state that is covered by their warranty for a year. And check the memory card because there's an adapter in the box but there's no card in the adapter.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›