5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous menus, great cocktails
I bought this book having loved Simon's TV series as he is so passionate about food and drink. The book exceeded my expectations - it is absolutely fantastic.
Published 15 months ago by Judith Gordon-Nichols

1.0 out of 5 stars Too basic and thin on content
Published 16 months ago by sallypike

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous menus, great cocktails, 19 Dec. 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Too basic and thin on content, 24 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Simon Hopkinson Cooks (Hardcover)
I am a big fan of Simon Hopkinson and I have always found his books entertaining to read and packed with useful recipes. I bought this book- admittedly without looking at it first - for my cousin's 60th birthday present confident that it would live up to Hopkinson's previous high standards. How wrong I was. Far too basic and thin on content. I'm sorry, to take a whole page for steamed potatoes, another for watercress salad [put watercress in bowl and dress with olive and lemon juice, I joke not], buttered sprouts [put in pan and boil] I could go on made me feel very short-changed. Simon, I suggest you find a new publisher they have certainly short-changed you with this book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 11 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Simon Hopkinson Cooks (Hardcover)
I really enjoy Simon on television so was a bit disappointed that there was very few recipes in this book. By that I mean compared to other books. On telly he always does things that he makes sound very simple and this book was a bit fancier than his normal.

4.0 out of 5 stars enjoyed TV series .., 14 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Simon Hopkinson Cooks (Hardcover)
really enjoyed the TV series. Very much like the way it is set out in menu's as it makes life very easy. I have already made one whole menu and cocktail - which went down very well with guests
Would have liked some tips on parts that you can cook ahead as some of the recipes are quite time intensive (that maybe because I am not a very efficient cook)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good But, 12 April 2014
This review is from: Simon Hopkinson Cooks (Hardcover)
This is an excellent book as are all of his other books, my only complaint is many of the recipes are available free online.

3.0 out of 5 stars i like this man and loved his earlier work, 21 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Simon Hopkinson Cooks (Hardcover)
i like this man and loved his earlier work. indeed i bought on the strength of his other books. However its a nice coffee table book , but it has no substance simple recipes lots of cocktails very very insubstantial. pretty pictures is the best i can say.considering the qualityof "roast chicken etc" it falls a long way short of that standard .disappointing

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a go-to cookbook, 12 Jan. 2014
M. Rance (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Simon Hopkinson Cooks (Kindle Edition)
Hopkinson's instructions are clear and easy to follow. Lot's of great ideas in every menu that eventually lead to learning more skills and making your own menus.

5.0 out of 5 stars delighted purchases, 8 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Simon Hopkinson Cooks (Hardcover)
Knowing that my recent purchases were all requests for Christmas presents, so much wanted, was delighted with all of them. would recommend any one of the various cookbooks I placed my order for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simon Hopkinson at his best, 20 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Simon Hopkinson Cooks (Hardcover)
Good price for this book. It accompanies Simon's TV series on Channel 4 which was excellent but contains not just the six menus from the programs - he has put together 12 menus for the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cooks favourite, 5 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Simon Hopkinson Cooks (Hardcover)
Well laid out. Good pictures. Tempting recipes which I am keen to try.would recommend to fellow cooking friends. Great Christmas present.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›