5.0 out of 5 stars My Page of Life
I have to tell you my story :) This was my first Jon & Vangelis album, which I bought after I got acquainted with his music through Oceanic and 1492 - the Conquest of Paradise - these were my very first moments with Vangelis, then came Page of Life.

Published 5 months ago by Marcin De

3.0 out of 5 stars Page of Life by Jon and Vangelis
Of the nineteen Vangelis CD's I have in my collection, I have found this to be one of his poorer contributions. Would I recommend this CD , NO.
Published 4 months ago by Peter S

5.0 out of 5 stars My Page of Life, 11 Feb 2014
This review is from: Page Of Life (Remastered) (Audio CD)

That was a big surprise. In the beginning I hated the album. It seemed to lack composition and depth and the vocals of Jon Anderson seemed so awful. I disliked the album so much that I shoved it deep into my drawer (!) thinking how it was possible that this same man only year later (1992) produced such a wonderful music for Ridley Scott's "1492".

However, something within me told me to try again... At first I started to like Garden of Senses, the only song that back then sounded magical to me. And the vocals were bearable. The instrumental tracks, Jazzy Box and Little Guitar were however still not enough, although at least that strange voice was not on them. Slowly, slowly I became drawn by the melodies. Page of Life sounded strange - melodic as hell, but the lyrics were so pretentious. With time I even began to love Jon’s voice and I found pleasure in listening to his (over)sweet lyrics.

And so, after some time I learned to like this record - now I love it. The whole of it. It sounds a bit dated (the "horns" in Money!) but it has this strange quality for me. Like on many YES record covers - Dali-esque landscapes, strange magic lands. This is it. This is also in the music. They created their own musical world, a mythological sonic Eden. Once you crack the code the journey is wonderful. Once you let this music permeate you, you start to love it. Just give it a try. (Do I have to add I now have all of their albums?)

5.0 out of 5 stars page of life, 8 Jan 2013
This review is from: Page of Life (Audio CD)
simply one of the most beutiful albums i have ever heard by jon and vangelis, a match made in heaven
stand out tracks GENEVIEVE AND ANYONE CAN LIGHT A CANDLE. Whole album in a word heavenly

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent album for J+V fans, 31 Oct 1999
This review is from: Page of Life (Audio CD)
This album is a superb collection of tracks with good lyrics, vocals and instrumentation. Well wort a listen. Most J+V fans should like nearly every track on this album.

3.0 out of 5 stars Page of Life by Jon and Vangelis, 2 Mar 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 Dec 2013
This review is from: Page Of Life (Remastered) (Audio CD)
For anyone who is a Vangelis or Jon Anderson fan; buy it. If you are not; try it. It may change your world...

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Album, 12 Feb 2013
This review is from: Page of Life (Audio CD)
This really is spritual and moving album, forgotten how wonderful these two greats perform together. Highly recommend to anyone - they were way ahead of time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well done sir, 25 April 2007
Mr. J. Hulme (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Page of Life (Audio CD)
Certainly there are some classic and stunning tracks. But why ruin it with money, we don't need this sort of bringing down to the harsh realities of life from these two superb dreamsetters. Maybe there are people who need telling how crappy their sad existence is, personally I like Roger Waters to tell me. With Jon and Vangelis, I want to skippy dippy about smelling the flowers and wearing the odd one in my hair. When they do this kind of thing it's like getting a sharp stone in your favourite sandals or stubbing your toe. It bloody hurts and no matter how sunny it is, for a split second or two you can not see or feel the cosy warm glow of the sun, just pain. Also what the hell is Jazzy box, count your blessings Mr Anderson didn't try and do a Cleo Laine. I would have bibbidee and bobbidee right out of there sharpish. The only nice touch to this track is the tipping of Vangelis's hat in the direction of the great Fred Astaire.

Genevieve is a great love song, before I heard this song? Whenever I heard the name Genevieve I would think Larry Alder and his mouth organ. But no more, surely this is what love is..............

Little Guitar:What a great way to end this CD, nice piece.

Let's be positive it is a very good CD, 10 great tracks, a CD 's worth right there.
A welcome addition to anyones collection.

3.0 out of 5 stars Page of life / Jon & Vangelis, 31 Aug 2013
This review is from: Page of Life (Audio CD)
Not as good as i thought it would be. A little disappointed with it as i am a big fan of Vangelis and his work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Completing the collection, 26 Aug 2013
Mr. A. R. Hill "Anthony" (Cardiff Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Page of Life (Audio CD)
A good rounded group of songs to complete my collection of the collaboration between the two artists. Unfortunate that it did not continue.

Page Of Life (Remastered)
Page Of Life (Remastered) by Jon & Vangelis (Audio CD - 2013)