on 13 February 2014
So now I can 'computerise' my 1000+ old slides (1950 to 1980) and get a truly superb digital copy to make slide shows for computer and TV. Beautiful product - elegant, compact, well constructed, very clever, and fun to operate. I use the Rapid Slide Feeder attachment all the time and it just romps through my old transparencies. The detail that the 14mp sensor gives is amazing. Clever product and highly functional. Thanks.
David Glover, Isle of Man.
on 13 October 2013
I have just bought this photo maker for my dad as he has hundreds of negatives and slides from the 80's. I have to say this is one of the best buys I've purchased in a long time. Incredibly easy to set up and use, we had it working in minutes and looking at all the old photos. The picture quality is great and I can not recommend it highly enough for anyone who wants to dig out all those old negatives.
on 14 November 2013
Just what I have been looking for. Very easy to use, gives a clear picture of all your negatives and you can save and transfere to computor easily.
on 26 November 2013
Totally pointless. One good shot scanned and then the remainder are progressively covered in dust and bits of fluff!!

Why?

Because the light frame is at the bottom of a cheap plastic tower supporting what resembles a webcam (CCD or not!)...and open to the elements at both sides as you (manually) thrust the holder tray through the device.

This drags dust in onto the lighted plate and puts the dust in better focus than the slide/neg you are trying to scan.

I tried blowing the dust out to no avail. I tried working out how this part comes out for cleaning. It doesn't.

The images are rubbish too. Totally out of focus (apart from the dust!) and poor even on "high" resolution.

The boxes were still sitting in the kitchen where I had 1 hour before opened the parcel with glee.

The Kaiser Baas Photo/Dust maker was now replaced in these boxes...packed up like new and shipped back to Amazon.

One star given as the service from Amazon both delivering and sending back for the refund (in full!) was outstanding!

Well done Amazon...poor show the Kaiser!

I bought an eight year old Konica/Miinolta Dimage Scan Dual IV from FleaBay with the refund and it's like chalk and cheese!
on 8 January 2015
I have Purchased PhotoMaker. So I assume it is PhotoMaker1? However I have a Mac Computer (OSX 10.9.5). I have purchased The Backup Disk for it. But it will not install. I tried installing in my PC (Operating System: Windows XP Pro). It installed OK. But I tried putting some 35mm slides in the slide holder and pressed every button I could see but no slides came up on my screen!? I have now written a message to Avanquest Software in the hope they can sort out my problem.