Colour Name: Black|Change

on 28 December 2015
Stopped working after 3 months won't turn on and won't charge! No way to return it or get it fixed😔 not happy at all I wouldn't buy this product.
on 17 December 2015
Recently bought these from another popular retailer as they were significantly reduced. I read about the noise cancelling "hiss", the "muddy" bass sound, and the apparently cheap feel. I bought them anyway partly because of their price I found, and because the ANC would be useful on a plane.

I did look at these some time ago but was put off by the price. I still would not pay full price for them. But here is an honest review on these (mine are blue), in lamens terms, and someone who is fussy. I kept reading very technical reviews. This is a proper User Review.

First off, I'm not bothered about packaging. Yes it's fancy, but frankly who cares. They open up very nicely, and feel light enough not to feel heavy on the head.

The ear cushions are not likely to be leather, but are the softest, and absorbing of many I have tried. They do go right around my ears. The V-Modas didn't quite cover mine, so always felt a little off.

For me, the sound quality is a great all rounder, and the only headphones I've ever tried that produce a rumble. Songs like "Collabros" "Stars". At the lyrics "watching the night...." There is a deep rumble and you feel it. The Modas never did that.

Also they are louder than that other brand too. On a plane, there was no concern about hearing a tv show I had recorded. No need for max volume.

The headband is fine. It's rubber so doesn't move, but feels good quality.

The headphone cable is red, and the controls are the same as on Apple earbugs. They look a little difference, but controls in same place and do same thing.

The hiss,you apparently hear is there between tracks or when you turn them on and you are looking a track to play. It's kind of like a distant sound of a "unit" being on. It's not a buzz, or a wasp sound. Think of the sound you get from a clean vinyl record that's queued up, and about to play the track. That noise of needle on groove, is extremely similar.

I wish it wasn't there, but you don't notice it even on quiet tracks. Only between tracks.

Now the how good the ANC is. Walking around an airport departure lounge, it blocks about 60-70% of noise. On a plane, it blocks much if the engine noise, but definitely not all! I heard it a bit, but take them off and I really heard it.

The things I wish it did, or could be improved on:
Allow them to work without the ANC - that way a flat battery doesn't stop enjoyment,
Stop the mild hum between tracks
Auto switch off then jack is pulled from device - not only when pulled from headphones. *who disconnected them from headphones?!?!*

I would give them 5 stars if the above things weren't in the wishlist. Especially as they ought to be £270!!!

The main issue for me for me was the battery. Quite why you cannot turn off the ANC, and still use, I don't know. Seems daft.

But don't be put off. These really are quite something. Don't pay full price for them, and you will be pleased.
on 18 February 2016
They looked really nice and the sound quality was amazing. Although I am sorry to say in my experience there was a loud background sound that was constantly in my ear and they were a bit too heavy for me. Product was returned.
on 15 February 2016
Order it the evening before, arrived the morning after! Perfect packaging, excellent product, super offert!
on 28 February 2016
These headphones are really good and crystal clear. They have to be charged up first before use which takes a hour and the charge lasts forever. I have had them over a month now and i still hasn't run out Of power the super soft ear pods make it very comfortable to wear and you forget there on there. There good built headphones which allow you to fold them up and place in a hard case which comes with it. I've dropped mine 5 times in the hard case and it hasn't done any damage.

My overall thoughts are there great headphones with clear sound and easy to fold up when finished highly recommend
review image review image review image
on 16 February 2014
These headphones are pretty amazing. Beats by Dre headphones often are slated by audiophiles for generally being rubbish and while I'm not an audiophile I found this to be true with the previous generation studios having tried them in stores and trying out my friends pair. However the new Studios have been greatly improved. I had read good reviews of these headphones and I went into a store to try them on and I was pretty surprised with the general quality of these headphones. The general sound quality is amazing, they are comfortable to wear and they look stylish. Although they are expensive I would happily recommend these headphones to people.
on 3 March 2016
I'm a big fan of beat headphones had 3 pairs so far had the original studio's when they were first released left them on a train lol also had the wireless solos my son broke them now the studios 2.0 if your a fan of Base these are the headphones for you the quilty is amazing they feel much smother the the original studios the cups now cover your ears rather than on them means less leaked noise the noise cancelling is spot on too I paid £130.00 what a bargain 5 stars all the way
on 28 July 2014
These Beats Studios are a brilliant pair of headphones. Comfy and not to heavy. Sound quality amazing. They were awesome until the material teared on the inner earcup. I will get a replacement soon, so i cant wait.
on 16 May 2015
I always wanted one of these headphones when the first ever studio headphones were out but I never thought it would be worth £300. So finally a few years later when I had the cash I brought the Wired Studio 2.0 for £269.

So is it worth it? I would say yes and no.
Reason for Yes: They are very comfortable, if you place them correctly on your head, you will forget that they are on after a while. The sound quality is amazing you can hear the background music, especially if it has great bass. They are very cool looking and easy to carry, as they can be folded and put into its case which it can actually be hooked on to your belt/jeans etc.

Reason for No: They are very expensive, you can find much better headphones for cheaper. The ear drums are very soft and creases easily. Also you can't really use them in quiet public places as you can hear the sound from the outside as it is very loud. Also if you buy them in black like I did you will have to keep wiping them with the cloth provided as the headphones are a fingerprint magnet. However this ain't a problem for me.

But overall I enjoy them and recommend them if you love music and really want to own a pair of beats. However if you don't care about branding then you can find better headphones for cheaper.
on 24 October 2015
I was put off for a long time buying these because of all the varying reviews. But Im glad I finally pulled the trigger.

Recently Coming from NAD Viso HP50's Oppo PM3's and Denon MM400's (aswell as 30+ cans over the last 18 months) you would expect me to hate these from the get go - Especially given all the head fi hate! But surprisingly these really do hold they're own. OK so sound quality wise the Beats Studio 2.0 are not quite as exquisite as the Oppos but very little matches up to the PM3's (despite their tendency to sound somewhat congested and boring).

To my ears though the studios sound great! An Instantly enjoyable sound signature straight out of the box (albeit after charging) and no need to EQ. To me that's a sign of a good headphone.

I used the Solo2 for a few months and found it decent enough but it was too bassy and creaky and I've never been an on-ear guy. Thankfully though these studios have a great full deep bass that doesn't bleed into the Mids and don't creak as yet (beats less than stellar build quality reputation notwithstanding).

The Mids are very present and the highs are detailed and smooth without being rolled off. I was genuinely surprised. I had my EQ ready too boost the highs and decrease the lows but there was no need so I'm surprised there is so much animosity to these.

I can only speak to my own experience but personally I think it's all down to know what you're buying. Yes these need charging and don't work without charge (and they really should have a passive mode) but I can handle that. My phone needs charging also to work so it's not as horrific as some people make out.

The active noise cancelling is quite effective and when out and about the slight hiss really does disappear. And to those who use NC it has a lighter touch and isnt the excessive pressurised versions of some other NC headphones that I've used in the past (and I usually avoid NC sets!).

Time will tell on durability etc but I've been pleasantly surprised by these and at the current price of £155 represent good value for money (something that beats is also not known for!).

So decide for yourself I reckon.

Hope some of this helps.

Stew