5.0 out of 5 stars Old fashioned Christmas magic
Chrissie Manby has written a lovely, heartwarming tale that will appeal to many age groups. The trials and tribulations of Millie, her love life and her family are suitably etched in a sweet 'happy-ever-after' story. This novella is a very easy read and leaves you on a very optimistic note.
Published 17 months ago by L. Moriarty

2.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, or is it
Published 3 months ago by Sophia

5.0 out of 5 stars Old fashioned Christmas magic, 1 Oct. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it...., 1 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Christmas List (Kindle Single) (Kindle Edition)
Treat yourself and take time to curl up with this book.It will lift your spirit and get you in a seasonal mood.
A lovely warm,cosy story following Milly and her christmas wishes.Not all of them turn out as expected. But im still tempted to write my own christmas list.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming and fun., 5 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Christmas List (Kindle Single) (Kindle Edition)
Loved this novella. Couldn't put it down but didn't want it to end. Found myself laughing out loud in places.
Can't wait for Chrissie`s next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Christmas fantasy, 9 Dec. 2013
T. Jaray (Worcester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Christmas List (Kindle Single) (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this novella by Chrissie Manby. It reminded me very much of my childhood and sending letters up the chimney to Santa Claus, though as I haven't done it as an adult, I haven't had the same results as Milly. Maybe I should try again.
Not long enough for someone who reads as fast as I do, but I can definitely recommend it, especially if you love Christmas and are "childlike" enough to suspend belief occasionally.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Read, 4 May 2014
This review is from: The Christmas List (Kindle Single) (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed this book,could not put it down,hence I read it in a couple of days. It was humorous and uplifting. I would recommend this book to friends. It was not until I was praising the book to my daughter that I realised she had already read it. Try if you want the " feel good factor".

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice little seasonal story, 21 Dec. 2013
P. Smith (Suffolk, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Christmas List (Kindle Single) (Kindle Edition)
This is a short, mildly amusing little tale that doesn't need any brain-power to read. I'm not a fan of "chick lit" (actually, I don't think I've ever read any) and I imagine this story would fall into that category. Nevertheless, it is a well-written, pleasant and easy read and is just the thing to fill in an idle hour or two around Christmas accompanied by a glass of mulled wine and a mince pie by the fire. A bit predictable in places, but I wasn't looking for a deep and engrossing mystery - I read plenty of those, and this made a refreshing change.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great short story., 14 Oct. 2014
This review is from: The Christmas List (Kindle Single) (Kindle Edition)
Such a wonderfully well worth a read book, even though it's short, makes me wish Christmas was only round the corner and I was just as lucky as Milly. Oh a girl can dreams! Lovely book. One to be read on front of a lovely warm crackling fire.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, or is it, 16 Nov. 2014
This review is from: The Christmas List (Kindle Single) (Kindle Edition)
This is the first Christmas book I've read this year ; my Christmas reading can only get better. Don't get me wrong its not bad, but its not good either , lacks depth and detail. The book finished without me knowing if Milly, the main character , was a blonde , a brunette or a red head. She did have 39 for a shoe size , apart from that not much, pretty like the rest of the story. Disappointed at this one, hope her next book is more detailed and entertaining, you font have to beleive in Christmas or its spiritvto erite a fun book.
One more thing, please Chrissie make the next hero someone who knows what CPR is and at least make him drive.

2.0 out of 5 stars Trivial fluff, 28 Nov. 2014
L. G. Southgate "blackbird17" (Suffolk UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Christmas List (Kindle Single) (Kindle Edition)
I like to read a seasonal book or two but I wish I hadn't picked this one.
Are there really people out there like Milly ? I never learned how old she was supposed to be but I have to say she seemed extraordinarily juvenile. I wanted to shake her.
None of the characters had any depth at all. they were either impossibly perfect orimpossibly sappy.
Another reviewer here as noted that this is a ' typically Chrissie Manby novella '. If so I shall know to steer clear of this author in future.
incredubly trivial and a bit silly. I'm glad I only paid 99p for this, in fact I think I may have been overcharged .

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good reading, 29 Nov. 2014
GM Harlow (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Christmas List (Kindle Single) (Kindle Edition)
Lovely story of childhood traditions being carried on, and somehow wishes made up a chimney coming true. The happy ending and Christmas theme makes it a good read for right now (November).

The Christmas List (Kindle Single)