5.0 out of 5 stars Fundementally dance
Published 7 months ago by DEATH (Leics Branch)

Published 6 months ago by Merman

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fundementally dance, 4 Sep 2013
This single takes me back almost exactly 20 years to the release of Very, but more particularly the limited edition Relentless bonus CD that came with early copies of the album. That featured (at the time) very experimental dance tracks, and the mixes, and b-sides (Entschuldigung! and Get It Online) remind me very much of this mini-album, whilst the mixes of Love is a Borgeois Construct (in this instance Nighttime Radio edit and The Penelopes Remix) are worthwhile additions to the portfolio.

These tracks have lifted me this morning, and feeling much better now.

Well done Neil and Chris again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Drinking tea with Tony Benn !, 1 Oct 2013
I. P. Terry (Derby, UK) - See all my reviews
Wonderful song, daft lyrics, very boppy and the CD single clocks in at over 52 mins. The Pets have really found some form again. Whats not to like ??

3.0 out of 5 stars Beg to Differ: Dub vs Instrumental/single or radio edit waste., 11 Oct 2013
I love the new album/gave it 5...but this is not a very good PSB ep and here's why - for as long as I've been buying ep's and ext. mixes, etc. I've always thought of a 'dub' version as an 'instrumental' version, single edit and single mixes are usually almost exactly the same as the version on the full album. The three dub or instrumental versions (7/8/9) are just that taken from the previous three remixes (4/5/6) and the Penelopes remix is an insturmental with only the title being sung/sprinkled in a couple of times. The Claptone mix is a slowed mix with handclaps (mildly interesting) and the only true 'remix' and it is a pretty good one is the Little Boots mix.

"Entschuldigung' is insturmental with the exception of some spoken German - it's ok, reminds me of light industrial, sort of reminds me of an ok Front 242 track.

'Get it Online' is almost the PSB's response to some of the instrumental/foreign language tracks recently put out by OMD. It's the better of the two b-sides I think, but not by much.

So there you have a couple of ok b-sides, a 'good' mix by Little Boots and the rest is filler.

I'm not a 'blind' follower, not even of the best out there. If you want a solid PSB ep try last years 'Winner' ep with 'A Certain Je Ne..' and 'Way Through the Woods' or the Leaving ep with 'Hell' and 'In his Imagination' or the Christmas ep.

This one isn't worth the high prices I see people paying
...enjoy the pretty packaging.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding song and mixes., 17 Mar 2014
This review is from: Love Is A Bourgeois Construct [VINYL] (Vinyl)
If this had been launched in the 80s, this would have been a TOP 5 hit by the boys.
This is how good this song is.

5.0 out of 5 stars a witty and a great tune, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Love Is A Bourgeois Construct [VINYL] (Vinyl)
I didn't realise this was a single double EP I love the lyrics when Neil Tennant sings the line 'drinking tea like Tony Benn' in which it makes me want to chuckle especially the first time I heard the song I also like he remix of the track as it sounds good on vinyl.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great song. The only reason I didn't give this ..., 26 Nov 2013
Great song. The only reason I didn't give this single five stars is I think the longer album cut is even better. And the two B sides included here are quite enjoyable in a cold, techno sort of way.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is one for the fans, 22 Nov 2013
Not the single I would have released when "Electric" was first put out for sale. The bonus tracks are what make this cd single worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad was able to purchase, 8 Nov 2013
It was a bit steep in price but an excellent addition to my collection since I couldn't find it anywhere else. he package arrived in excellent shape, just as described by the seller. I will definitely keep them in mind for further purchases. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars What's the deal with such limited editions?, 6 Nov 2013
Bought this for a fiver and now - a few weeks later - it's being offered at five times that. Packaging is very nice and the mixes and tracks are impeccable.

4.0 out of 5 stars When b-sides are better than a-sides, 3 Nov 2013
I think that PSB show their best with b-sides. The german title song is brilliant! Get it online is quite simple but PSBesque at first hear

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa61361a4)

Love Is A Bourgeois Construct [VINYL]
Love Is A Bourgeois Construct [VINYL] by Pet Shop Boys (Vinyl - 2013)